The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Put in a solid 6 hours

Game is a 9/10 for me so far.
I really didn't expect to notice much of a glow up since I just came from that MM plat.
But the character models and environments are:wow::wow::wow:
Swinging/gliding through the city is waaaay too much fun, I'm never fast traveling
Side activities don't seem to be bloaty either.
I actually feel like I'm patrolling NYC.
I'm constantly switching suits too

Highlight for me so far
That Mission w Black Cat and Miles and the portal jumping.
Really cool to see that evolve since Rift Apart and I think it was presented so much better in this game. It's also pretty dope to run into the other SM while swinging around and then helping them out.

Put in a solid 6 hours

Game is a 9/10 for me so far.
I really didn't expect to notice much of a glow up since I just came from that MM plat.
But the character models and environments are:wow::wow::wow:
Swinging/gliding through the city is waaaay too much fun, I'm never fast traveling
Side activities don't seem to be bloaty either.
I actually feel like I'm patrolling NYC.
I'm constantly switching suits too

Highlight for me so far
That Mission w Black Cat and Miles and the portal jumping.
Really cool to see that evolve since Rift Apart and I think it was presented so much better in this game. It's also pretty dope to run into the other SM while swinging around and then helping them out.

Im enjoying it as well

Running on a LG OLED with VRR and 120hz fidelity uncapped game looks amazing. No pop ins screen tearing or glitches yet so far for me

Question regarding remote play. I been tryin to setup that ps play app and the only ps5 that shows up on it is my son's who's in another room. My question is do i need to connect my ps5 and phone directly to my router to set it up or or is there something I'm doing wrong. Sh*t's been driving me nuts for the past 2 nights :lol:

Any help for an old guy tryin to pass the slow day at work is appreciated :smokin

I just connected my phone and ps5 on the same channel from my router and the app found it, there is a setting to allow remote play on the ps5, too.

Yea Sony gonna mess around and people are going to stop buying consoles on release.

I think the price of the PS5 pro would change their minds :lol:

1 in 5 PS4's sold were PS4 pros and that needed a glow up more than PS5 did.

I think the pro would be for PS VR 2 and for games towards the end of the gen that are 4K/30fps

Unreal Engine 5 is thirsty apparently and we're still waiting for games that look like the Matrix and Portal demos .

PS VR 2?!?! It doesn't matter if it's PS5 or PS5 Pro if they're not going to invest in games that people actually want to play. VR2 shouldn't have released without Astro Bot 2 or Alyx.

I know the tech industry will find a way, but how much can they improve aside from 60fps AND ray tracing?

I think we should focus on making games a standard 4k60 before moving onto something new. A lot of games aren't able to hit that consistently. Personally, I'd be cool with 1440p60 but 30fps should disappear. The problem is the casual game doesn't care/know better. Also graphics are a better selling point when compared to performace.

I have a non-astrobot title that could move at least 1 million units on PSVR 2.

Last edited:
image.jpg

I wanted to get that dualsense special edition controller but i already own the edge.

PS VR 2?!?! It doesn't matter if it's PS5 or PS5 Pro if they're not going to invest in games that people actually want to play. VR2 shouldn't have released without Astro Bot 2 or Alyx.

On the bright side, It'll be cheaper by the time those games come out. If they come out

Getting PSVR one month then PS4 Pro the next month for PSVR and FFXV was hard on the wallet on that 2016 salary :lol:

It's good to spread the hardware cuz I know there are some people who will get The PS5, the slim, the Pro, Portal, Dualsense Edge, PSVR2, Pulse headsets and a bunch of multicolored dualsense'.

I know the tech industry will find a way, but how much can they improve aside from 60fps AND ray tracing?

The leak MS document for next gen pretty much shows what the future will be.
Machine learning and AI is going to be a big focus. Something like Nvidia's DLSS to make rendering easier so you can get high framerates without sacrificing image quality

Ray Tracing on consoles is still pretty much the basic level. Current consoles still have to be selective as to how they use it so there's still a long way to go with ray tracing.
GT7 only has ray tracing in replays because its just not powerful enough for native 4K 60 with ray tracing. Consoles definitely need

Something like this will be the goal eventually one day.

Apart from that, I still think there's only a few games really taking advantage of the SSD in PS5 and direct storage on PC.

I think we should focus on making games a standard 4k60 before moving onto something new. A lot of games aren't able to hit that consistently. Personally, I'd be cool with 1440p60 but 30fps should disappear. The problem is the casual game doesn't care/know better. Also graphics are a better selling point when compared to performace.

I think things have shifted with all the graphics modes we're getting. I thought it would change once cross gen died but current gen only games are still getting modes.
I can't see the next Uncharted or TLOU being only 30fps like before.

performance mode is the way to go for me, I can’t play games at 30fps anymore. Red Read redemption 2 feels so sluggish

Fidelity vrr uncapped on Spider-Man 2 is butter
IMG_0326.jpeg

I really need to get a 120Hz TV.

I'm interested to know what modes you guys are playing it in actually.

1697891804953.png

Last time this is going to happen.
Missed opportunity not bundling it with the slim though. Who's going to buy this when the slim launches around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom