The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually, it has a lot to do with how the games run and you just gonna skip slap over the PSP in the PLAYSTATION thread??

PSP is a bad example... it had proprietary memory, and physical games on a disc... which takes longer to load to the very limited RAM on that system. The Switch uses MicroSD.

Y’all and these spoilers man. I’m glad I finished the game already :smh: I’m gonna have to finish up CP77 before yall start spoiling SM2

75% thru CP77 and it crashes at the same point in a main mission. One of the side quests is bugged as well and won't allow me to finish.

I'm going to load an old save and see if I can get it to work. But if not I'm deleting this game for good.

75% thru CP77 and it crashes at the same point in a main mission. One of the side quests is bugged as well and won't allow me to finish.

I'm going to load an old save and see if I can get it to work. But if not I'm deleting this game for good.
What's the name of the quest? That really sucks. I'm on the last main quest now and got caught up with bae's (Panam) quest line. That led me to doing Silverhand quests and now River.

The game is really good and I almost wished I was playing on PS5 for the trophies but it probably is better that I got it on PC based on your experience.

What's the name of the quest? That really sucks. I'm on the last main quest now and got caught up with bae's (Panam) quest line. That led me to doing Silverhand quests and now River.

The game is really good and I almost wished I was playing on PS5 for the trophies but it probably is better that I got it on PC based on your experience.

I played it on PC on q 2080 and it still drops frames. Def built for a 3080 or higher. Def upgrading my PC once those 50XXs drop.

I played it on PC on q 2080 and it still drops frames. Def built for a 3080 or higher. Def upgrading my PC once those 50XXs drop.
I'm playing on a 3070Ti and I can't get 1440p60 consistently. That Phantom Liberty update was intense.

Same as you though, waiting for the 50xx once I get back from my deployment next year, assuming it's out by then.

I'm playing on a 3070Ti and I can't get 1440p60 consistently. That Phantom Liberty update was intense.

Same as you though, waiting for the 50xx once I get back from my deployment next year, assuming it's out by then.

Rumor is they are pushing out supers this spring so 2025

All this Spider-Man talk had me feenin so EYE decided to finally start my NG+ playthrough for Spider-Man: Remasterd.

Took me a minute for the muscle memory to kick in for the controls, especially for the combat.

Doesn't help that I'm playing on Ultimate difficulty.

Ultimate isn't too bad just gotta be cognizant that Peter can get hemmed up expeditiously.

Gonna try and 100% Remastered and have a PS5 playthrough of Miles Morales.

Then I'll be able to join in on the SM:2 fun before someone posts more spoilers. :lol: :smh:

The Quarry and Aloy bae gonna have to understand.

Without spoiling for those who hadn't played, it's the parade where you need to take out 3 snipers. I reloaded an old save and will give it a shot tonight.

Anyone playing on PS5, I'd suggest multiple manual saves and uploading to the cloud

Without spoiling for those who hadn't played, it's the parade where you need to take out 3 snipers. I reloaded an old save and will give it a shot tonight.

Anyone playing on PS5, I'd suggest multiple manual saves and uploading to the cloud
Damn that sucks cause you're really close to the end :smh:

So damn back logged, I can't even think of Spiderman right now.

Dead Island Los Angeles
Street Fighter 6
Mortal Kombat 1
FC24

Still playing Destiny 2 and Modern Warfare 3 and MGS Collection drops next month. Jesus :angry:

In the middle of a spiderman 2 playthrough, just found out about a infinite perk glitch for Cyberpunk and.... just started a new Phantom Liberty playthrough lol

6 hours in the Baldur's Gate 3 and I can see why it gets high praise.
Phenomenal game.

It's crazy what this game lets you do in all situations you're put in.
NPC interactions are nuts.

My next session I gotta buckle down, start assigning roles i.e. brute, healer, etc.

1698242961986.jpeg

Looks like COD is getting a slim bundle after all.
I expect Spiderman to get one too but gonna be weird having bundles for both slim and new one at the same time.

PS5 fat bundles would probably have to be discounted.

I am legit mind blown by this. I just knew there was a disc drive on the back. No wonder all the ports have problems. Wth Nintendo?!?!

Ports have problems cuz the switch is underpowered. It's using mobile tech that's 8 years old at this point.

Switch uses flash memory like a SD card. It's better than disks which are slower and consume more power from having to spin up and read it from a laser.
That's why Vita ditched the UMD drive for a flash card.

1698241516805.jpeg

They're limited in capacity though so games not only have underpowered hardware but also they need to squeeze the game assets and media into a smaller card.
That's why you see massive downgrades in Switch ports.

Publishers sometimes cheapen out too and put games on the smaller cards and let you download the rest online.

1698243277765.jpeg

Uhh... what makes you think a disc would run better? Storage medium really has little to do with how a game runs, since it's loaded into the RAM then ran from that, not the storage medium. Also, discs on a handheld... doesn't sound like the best idea. I mean it worked for the walkman, but that was replaced by the ipod for a reason...

Actually, storage has a lot to do which is why they made a big fuss this gen about SSD's and the other compression/decompression tech that goes with it.
RAM space is limited compared to game sizes so you can't load entire games on RAM.
Getting assets in and out from the SSD to RAM is fast with the new drives which is why we practically have no loading now for games and why you can get across open world much faster.

What’s the word on the PS5 digital console? Any reputable store to buy for retail? Trying to get one for my son.

Just wait for the slim. The OG Digital would be the first to go out of stock since its made in limited capacity.
Slim releases in few weeks and you get the option of buying a disk drive down the line.

Wasnt talking about SSD and modern onboard storage, Im talking about physical storage mediums for games, ie carts vs discs. Pretty much all modern games are installed to onboard memory anyway now, regardless if you own the physival disc or not.

Wasnt talking about SSD and modern onboard storage, Im talking about physical storage mediums for games, ie carts vs discs. Pretty much all modern games are installed to onboard memory anyway now, regardless if you own the physival disc or not.

Got you.

Switch still reads games from the cards without installing onto storage since its basically a read only SD card.

But like you said, for modern consoles, the disk just becomes a license once the game has been installed.

Wife got me a PS5 for my birthday. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I will get AEW on PS5 now because I want physical. Something tells me that game will get pulled down from stores in the next 10 years...

I was looking forward to that Switch version though, but I can't be an ignorant consumer when a better version exists. Now I'm just waiting for that 19.99 - 29.99 price. $40 still too much.

:lol: At least buy MArio Wonderland on Switch.

AEW is a ghost town right now man.

Happy Birthday man.

Back
Top Bottom