The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely think the environment changes the experience.

I only play at night. contrast is better, daylight is too bright (no curtains where TV is)! lol.

We only have one TV and its in a large volume room (walls spans 2 floors). Feels cold and empty, and eerie depending on what game I play. Need to create a set up in smaller room with more comfy vibes
Yea I meant to mention the glare I get because the sun won’t stop lol and my tv is like angled to the window somehow because of what’s it’s on. I played this morning for like 20 minutes it felt good but then the game froze it was sad

dat bad boy going for 2k rn good deal

It's a great deal, it's the same price it was on BF, I don't really see it going much lower outside of the rare last one open box type deal. If you can fit a 77 inch screen I can assure you will be happy with it.

TLOU2
Game is phenomenal!
Tommy is a beast!
So is Abby, I just melee EVERYTHING
Loving the supporting cast.
Definitely taking my time exploring it all.

On Seattle Day 1
Ran into some shamblers and decided to break.

Didn't think I'd be playing as Abby before she kills Joel.

Bought Lies of P recently and just beat it, all the optional bosses etc. Found it pretty overrated...IMO it does not come close to FromSoftware games.

Bought Lies of P recently and just beat it, all the optional bosses etc. Found it pretty overrated...IMO it does not come close to FromSoftware games.
Without spoiling it, how was the ending? I haven't finished yet but I hear the ending is pretty dope and gives a clear indication of the direction the sequel will go.

Without spoiling it, how was the ending? I haven't finished yet but I hear the ending is pretty dope and gives a clear indication of the direction the sequel will go.

The ending is alright, but like the FromSoftware games there are multiple endings depending on your actions through the game. The story/characters in general felt weak...The voice acting and writing was ***. I got a ton of other gripes about the game :lol:

You must be a lore guy cause FROM stories, imo, are the wack in how they tell them. FROM wants you to talk to characters that you probably killed for being hostile, then visit his Mom and explain why you did what you did. After that you gotta duke it out with her and then take whatever item you get from the fight to an undisclosed location and drop it and wait for 5 minutes before receiving confirmation that you completed the quest.

Bloodborne 10/10 :smokin

It's a great deal, it's the same price it was on BF, I don't really see it going much lower outside of the rare last one open box type deal. If you can fit a 77 inch screen I can assure you will be happy with it.
Idk if I can fit that I’d probably have to put it in the floor but really I can’t afford 2k rn

Idk if I can fit that I’d probably have to put it in the floor but really I can’t afford 2k rn

Just go with a LG C3 65 or 55 inch banger:

lg.png

I got the 55" C2 in my room wall mounted.

You must be a lore guy cause FROM stories, imo, are the wack in how they tell them. FROM wants you to talk to characters that you probably killed for being hostile, then visit his Mom and explain why you did what you did. After that you gotta duke it out with her and then take whatever item you get from the fight to an undisclosed location and drop it and wait for 5 minutes before receiving confirmation that you completed the quest.

Bloodborne 10/10 :smokin

Lmao I love that about their games, it's hilarious. But I know that's not for everyone.

But in Lies of P the locations, level design, boss design is garbage. From start to finish there is hardly any variation...It's pretty much the same backgrounds over and over again. Super short designs. The game is also more linear. Pretty straightforward.

In all the From games there is so much variation in the settings, the levels are so well-thought out and fun to explore.

Bloodborne is absolute fire. The gothic+Lovecraftian themes were done really well.

It's very hard for me to separate Dark Souls 1, Bloodborne, and Sekiro...all of those were pretty near perfect for various reasons. DS2 and Elden Ring are a notch below that, then Dark Souls 3. I still need to play Demon Souls...Never got it for PS3, still haven't bought a PS5.

You mounted it yourself?
I actually got free Best Buy geek squad and had them come out and mount the TV. I bought the wall mount myself off amazon for like $15. Free Best Buy geek squad since I used my BB credit card and got the 1 year total tech membership that also included interest free financing for like 2 years.

But wall mounting it yourself with another person should be easy with the right tools.

Last edited:
I need to finish Sekiro. I got to the headless ape, got thrashed and started paying something else. Game is dope and a true test of skill.

And I am having trouble, on easy, with Stranger of Paradise. :lol:

What game is the best teacher for Soulsborne games?
I think the biggest thing in Souls' games is patience. A lot of deaths come from trying to get one more hit. Sometimes you just gotta take that one hit and regroup :lol:

I need to finish Sekiro. I got to the headless ape, got thrashed and started paying something else. Game is dope and a true test of skill.

The headless ape was crazy lol, definitely one of the harder fights. Sometimes I spam the guard/deflect and it works out lol.

And I am having trouble, on easy, with Stranger of Paradise. :lol:

What game is the best teacher for Soulsborne games?

Tough to say...They all feel pretty hard when you start out.

I think Dark Souls 1 or Bloodborne are fine to start with. Sekiro has the most fluid combat, but it's a bit different from the other games. You can't change your weapon in that one, all the others you can have a lot of different playstyles.

IMO they are some of the most rewarding and fun to play games, once you get into them and they click for you they are:smokin

Back
Top Bottom