The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Outside of Nintendo this is pretty industry standard. Look at Bethesda raving about Microsoft’s support once they were purchased. It’s just fluff.

True, there is a lot of PR fluff. Reminds me of when EA and Nintendo got into a partnership one E3 which went nowhere.

However, Sony has been helping or partnering with other studios for a long time. Obviously not for free. It usually comes with exclusivity of some sort.

It used to be Santa Monica for NA with games like Journey and Sound Shapes
XDEV Europe for the Quantic Dream games and Housemarque before they got purchased
Japan Studios for Bloodborne and Everybody's golf etc..

Now it's all combined globally under Sony XDev which is literally a support studio to help other studios.

1677935740461.png

They're obviously not doing the bulk of the work I don't think it's hard to believe Sony is offering money and support devs when seeking exclusivity. It's just business.
A lot of the studios Sony acquired comes from this sort of partnership like Housemarque.

Make sure your PSVR2 controllers are seated properly in the Sony cradle... or any of them with magnetic adapters for that matter. Surge protection is also highly recommended. The magnetic dongles seem to be a less-than-optimal design choice...

I'm going to stick with the oem USB cables + a dual outlet 20W cell phone fast charger and a non-charging controller / headset stand for now. I don't have any pixel issues with my headset and would hate to RMA the whole bundle just for a replacement controller. Panel lottery seems to be a thing as well.

PSVR2 CHARGE fail 2.JPG PSVR2 CHARGE fail.JPG

Wanted to play the other Horizons before I jumped into the VR one.
Just finished Zero Dawn & it was a decent game. Will delve into the PS5 releases next.
Should I spend money on 2nd or just jump into the 3rd one?

Last edited:
Anyone know what's going on here? Only happening with the new Harry potter disc. I took it back got a new one thinking it might be a bad disc but the new ones doing it too. Hasn't happen on any other game I'm playing or downloaded recently.

Attachments

• 20230307_095453.jpg
    20230307_095453.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Anyone no what's going on here? Only happening with the new Harry potter disc. I took it back got a new one thinking it might be a bad disc but the new ones doing it too. Hasn't happen on any other game I'm playing or downloaded recently.
Maybe file corrupted on initial download. Can you completely delete it and re-download, update.

Picked up Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 1&2.

Looks similar to the Sniper Elite series. Love that series so decided to give it a try.

Maybe file corrupted on initial download. Can you completely delete it and re-download, update.
Yah I did that. Completely wiped harry potter from the system and re-downloaded it. Still happening. Looked around online and people saying GPU but wouldn't you think I'd have problems from on other games? I put in Spiderman Miles Morales at 60 FPS swinging thru times Square and no problems at all.

TLoU has been great so far. having not played the games before, i thought there'd be more infected going in but to be honest the story has been so good i haven't really "missed" it. knowing the little i know about the game, i'm surprised they didn't stretch out the first game over two seasons. sad this week is already the finale.

March PS Plus games available now.

Going to give BF2042 another try. Maybe more people will be playing now.

is the PS plus extra subscription worth it?

A lot of people in this thread will tell you no but they’re also the ones buying games at or near release date. Reality is there’s not a one size fits all answer.

Best way to know is to go through the library and decide for yourself if the added value you’d get is worth it. For me it for sure has been. But once I go through the games I care for in it I might decide not to renew the following year.

Was a no-brainer when the holiday prices were up... frfr.
A lot of people in this thread will tell you no but they’re also the ones buying games at or near release date. Reality is there’s not a one size fits all answer.

Best way to know is to go through the library and decide for yourself if the added value you’d get is worth it. For me it for sure has been. But once I go through the games I care for in it I might decide not to renew the following year.

Thanks for the insight. Only asked because the 2nd game in the horizon series ($70) is free with the sign up. It’s discount for $25 and then $100 next year so was gonna jump by curious what others thought.

Thanks for the insight. Only asked because the 2nd game in the horizon series ($70) is free with the sign up. It’s discount for $25 and then $100 next year so was gonna jump by curious what others thought.

Word.

For me, it's all about staying on the holiday szn rotation and killing the auto-renew to avoid that full-price hit. And like others have stated, making sure there are some titles in there I genuinely want to play to make the service feel almost "free"...

Playing Gow:R on performance in high frame rate mode. Without vrr my tv reports running mostly at 120hz but when I turn on VRR frame rate hovers around 80-90 but also strangely looks better. Anyone can ELI5 for any of this?

Back
Top Bottom