The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

:lol: glad too see I'm not the only one who hated Novak during his early years on the tour and dont mind him too much now

:nerd: Nadal still isnt wearing his current line of shoe?

I only recently became a Nole fan. Once he stopped the clown antics and got serious about his game I stopped hating on dude

Decided to wear ATC II Lavas for the first time, weather was beautiful so I had to play some tennis too.

Just wanted to post here since I visit this thread the most.

I have to admit when I first put them on, I was pleasantly surprised by the cushioning esp. of the heel.

Shame the lens didn't focus, this would have been a great shot.

Feels good to unDS! Personal favorite.

Bonus pic: These are a great performance shoe, been through a lot of matches and heavy sliding.

Hahahaha...

Bonus pic: These are a great performance shoe, been through a lot of matches and heavy sliding.
Do you slide on hardcourts?  I only "slid" on astro-turf (I hated that ish), but it makes me cringe every time I see players do it on HC's... 

Hahahaha...

Do you slide on hardcourts?  I only "slid" on astro-turf (I hated that ish), but it makes me cringe every time I see players do it on HC's... 
Astro-turf sounds fun to play on! Does it feel like one of those cushioned playgrounds at the park?

nerd.gif
...afraid I do slide on hard court on occasion.

I don't do it as much now, but once in a while on defense. 

Definitely don't recommend it, you really have to disperse your weight correctly or you'll sprain something.

Nah, I HATE it.  On older, used courts, the turf is pretty compressed and hard, so with the sand it's a bit easier to slide... but the bounces are skiddy and low.  Messes up my timing if I've been playing on HC's.  

I once got to play on a brand new turf court and it was even worse.  The surface was almost spongy cuz the "grass" hadn't been compressed enough.  Slow bounces.  

There are terrible HC's too, but at least they offer a truer bounce. 

Just heard the commentator say that Steffi Graf had the best forehand ever on the WTA tour. I immediately changed the channel. I still believe that she would be several Grand Slams short if Monica Seles didn't get stabbed in '93.

lightlotus lightlotus nice wear man. I still need to unDS those vapor 9 Flame. :smokin

I hit the courts this week after work for the first time in months. Wore the 3.3 Courtballistec :lol: that i'm still trying to break in. Shows how much I've been playing :x

Scoreboard-watching, but I'm happy for Petko... she's been through a lot with her injuries and all. 

Break em in like Rafa!

@LightLotus nice wear man. I still need to unDS those vapor 9 Flame.
smokin.gif

I hit the courts this week after work for the first time in months. Wore the 3.3 Courtballistec
laugh.gif
that i'm still trying to break in. Shows how much I've been playing
sick.gif
Haha thanks, need to replace them soon unfortunately since the worn-out soles are paper thin now. 

Never had those Courtballistecs, but must be real comfy!

They're non-identical twins, BTW.

As for Rafa's CB's... they're PE and look much softer than the GR's.  Makes sense as he doesn't need the durability... needs the comfort and flexibility for movement. The GR's, I think, are much stiffer. 

In need of new tennis shoes since my Vapors are absolutely worn to the ground...

Would like to hear all of your opinions.

From what I've played with I really liked the following:
  • Nike Zoom Breathe 2K10 (original ones, not updated)
  • Asic Gel Resolution 2
  • Vapor Tour 9
Prefer a low profile, low to the ground shoe that has significant court feel.

^ Why don't you just get the 9.5's?

I'm gonna bust out my Air Trainer 1 Chloro 2008 next week for some light hitting... muahahahaha... 

^ Why don't you just get the 9.5's?

I'm gonna bust out my Air Trainer 1 Chloro 2008 next week for some light hitting... muahahahaha... 
Just get the 9.5
nerd.gif
@SinnerP @proto onslaught

Only concern is durability...granted I love the Vapor 9.5s and the colorways, but I don't think I can justify a shoe that I'll blow through in months time.

Leaning towards the Ballistecs cause of that guarantee, but just by the fact that Nadal doesn't even wear them that much concerns me.

Haven't had much experience with his line in general besides the Air Max Breathe Cage II which I thought was too clunky, loved the fit though.

Meanwhile it's collecting dust in the closet...
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure you can find deals on the 4.3 ballistec or older models. those suckers are built like tanks. But not low profile like you prefer though

Havent seen or held the latest nadal model in hand but looking at pics I would be concern about their durability

Nike does have a 6 month gurauntee on those though

I'm sure you can find deals on the 4.3 ballistec or older models. those suckers are built like tanks. But not low profile like you prefer though

Havent seen or held the latest nadal model in hand but looking at pics I would be concern about their durability

Nike does have a 6 month gurauntee on those though
Mhm, here's a nice write up I found on TW's forum for anyone interested.

Quoting user aussta54:
 "So first impressions, these have the potential to be my new favorite shoes (currently my favorite shoes are the Vapor 9s). Out of the box they were much more comfortable than the Courtballistec 4.3. Almost on par with the Vapor 9 when it came to comfort. The other thing was that they are extremely light. They feel lighter than the Vapor 9s, even though the specs say they're .6 ounces heavier. One thing that I noticed is that the toebox was a bit larger than the Vapor 9s and the previous Courtballistecs. I thought it might annoy me, but I was able to cinch up the laces and the Adaptive Fit took care of it. On the court, I thought they were as comfortable as the Vapor 9s, but with much more support. The heel is slightly higher off the court than the Vapor 9s, but the toe box felt the same. I liked that because I could actually "feel" the court much more than I could with the previous CBs and the Air Max Cages. One of the other things that I noticed is that they were much more "springy" than the Vapor 9s. It might be the Lunar cushioning system. With the Vapors I feel like I somewhat "sink" whenever my foot hits which I like since it cushions the blow, but with the Lunar Ballistecs, I felt like it had a slight trampoline effect when I landed. I kind of liked that too. It cushioned my blow, but it felt like my first step was much quicker. One thing that might be an issue in the summer is that there doesn't seem to be much ventilation. All in all, I think I will really like them. I've been looking for a sturdier shoe that was still light like the Vapor, and this fits the bill. Plus, it has a 6 month outsole durability guarantee so it should last me much longer than my Vapors."
TL;DR: Vapor 9s and Lunar Ballistecs are very similar, 9s with better ventilation and lower to the ground (not by much) while LBs are more lighter, comfy and supportive.

Seriously considering a re-vist to Nadal's line, don't think ventilation will be that big of an issue.

Last edited:
Durability shmurability... burn them things out so you have an excuse to buy more kicks... duh! 

Durability shmurability... burn them things out so you have an excuse to buy more kicks... duh! 
Lmao! I've been spoiled with too many shoes.

A good challenge I'm thinking of doing is to not buy shoes for a month straight...even if I see AJ1 Breds in front of me which I hope doesn't happen. 
indifferent.gif

Just snagged the last 8.5 (sized down 0.5 from my usual 9) pair of the Lunar Ballistecs in White/Lt Crimson from TW.

Will be posting pictures and my thoughts in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom