The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Nole & Rafa both got walkovers! 
eek.gif

Surely that has to be the first time that's happened in a top-tier, premier event! 

Serena is just on another level. When she's on it is a wrap. I'm going to be sad when she finally packs it up. One of my favorite athletes of all time.

Li didn't play that poorly.  Served very well and net-play looked decent.  Could have cut down on the UFE's, but that's part of her attacking game.  Got 2 early breaks cuz she was solid while Serena was everywhere.  Credit to Serena for stepping-up her game bigtime, especially her returns late in the 1st set... so deep and so much pace.  Li shouldn't be disappointed with her performance in the final.  Indian Wells SF and Miami F... that's a good 2 weeks. 

Rafa was poor, but Nole just too good... 

And closes the head-to-head to 22-18! 

Last edited:
Serena always acts timid in the beginning and gives you hope, I swear she does that on purpose
laugh.gif
I think it's more of a mental thing as mentioned above.

Kind of how basketball players "heat check" when they just go off and seem to never miss. 

About the Djokovic-Nadal final, disappointed Nadal lost so easily, but with how Novak was playing...

Never liked Djokovic, but boy do I respect him.

Last edited:
I didn't like Nole a few years ago when he had all those suspect injuries and whatnot, but credit to him, he got his act together, his diet sorted and improved his game/movement immensely.  The guy's grown on me and I respect that.  

Anyway...

is Hingis the first HOF'er to win a tour event?! 

Sony+Open+Day+15+esb3ZxdN87qx.jpg

Francis...

Sony+Open+Day+15+R1x0r3OvBR7x.jpg

Sony+Open+Day+15+6NZFbLVUegQx.jpg

Sony+Open+Day+15+OPZXtJ_ZLyOx.jpg

Bubs...

Sony+Open+Day+15+QuQnhSgWi7Rx.jpg

Lol, Nole-hater!

This was posted in the Agassi thread in retro, but as an Agassi fanboy, I feel the need to post it in here!

Back
Top Bottom