The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

This era of dominance is what I was thinking about... I think (
laugh.gif
):
- From 2004 through 2006, Federer won 94.3% of his singles matches (247–15) and 69.4% of the singles tournaments he entered (34 titles in 49 tournaments, including eight of twelve Grand Slam tournaments).

- Federer won 31 consecutive sets (10 consecutive straight-set matches) beginning with his Tennis Masters Cup round robin match against Andy Roddick on November 14, 2006, and ending with his first round match against Kristian Pless at the Dubai Tennis Championships on February 26, 2007. Federer also won 30 consecutive sets (12 consecutive straight-set matches) from 2004–05 and 28 consecutive sets (11 consecutive straight-set matches) in 2008.
I just remember that when he would LOSE A SET, I was like "What?! Who did it? WHOOOO?!" Like it was legit 'newsworthy' hearing that he even lost a set during that time. I figured he won the match, but hearing he won 3 sets to 1 was like... well, it was like he lost.
laugh.gif

Me and this dude at work the other day played ball... FINALLY... after weeks of both of us jawing at each other. I'm not making this up for e-props or whatever, but when I was up 5-0, 6-0, 9-0, 11-0, it was clear I'm the better player. But when he finally scored, making it 11-1 (we were just going to 12), I was EEEEXTRA heated. Like, in my mind, the way I was dominating him, I should have skunked him, 12-0, so winning 12-1 was like... I lost.

That's how I felt following/watching Federer during that time. He was... it was as dominant a stretch as I've ever seen in sports.

*waits for jokes about the story of me and dude from work; pretty sure I know a few of the ones that are sure to come*

anybody knows a Tennis forum or FB groups thats kinda like NT but in a good way. :lol:

im sourcing for some infos and reviews.

Tennisforum.com is where I hangout. They have separate forums for the atp and wta.

I'm on TalkTennis too. But beware (and I'm sure it's the same on TennisForum), there are always trolls and fanboys... Fedfans, Nolefans, Rafafans, etc who will crap on each other. It gets so annoying and redundant that I end up not going to those parts of the forum, but instead, I spend more time in the gear section. Not all the members are like that, but there are enough.  There are also a few pro-stringers on there that provide great info on the pros.

nice" i'll check them out later :smokin

actually, im sourcing for Tennis school/academy. I wanna know some comments and feedbacks about certain camps thru personal experiences.
i wanna know which is worth the money or if the camp is just overrated, like paying at resellers price :lol:

Why not, Pro?

That's the only Slam within close proximity to me. I'd sure like to witness another Rafa victory.

I don't think we'll see Rafa win the US Open again.
No, IMO, I think he still has a good shot. He won't be the favorite (that belongs to Nole), but I think he still is a contender, along with Andy.  

A lot depends on how he'll do on the summer hard-court season, as almost all of his matches since his return has been on clay.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. I just don't see how his knees will survive more than a couple tourneys a year on the hard courts. I hope for the best but I'm not too optimistic about it.

Prime Rafa is the best player ever, can't overlook how he dominated Federer for a long time (not just on clay). Too strong and physical for any of these other guys/ Hope he manages to snare at least two more non-clay court majors in his career.

Was Novak beating Nadal before he started having knee problems or after? I don't remember.

Those hypothetical matchups are a waste of time since they can't be proven.

Right now Rafa is clearly better than Fed

Nadal is easily the strongest physical specimen to play tennis

I need to see him beat Djokovic consistently off clay to call him the best right now. Novak has him 11-5 on hard courts and he's smacked him up in all grand slam finals on hard court.

Tennis ain't the same when I don't have a favorite...From Pete and Steffi to Andy and Venus, but now Andy is gone and Venus doesn't play. I'm sad.

Tennis ain't the same when I don't have a favorite...From Pete and Steffi to Andy and Venus, but now Andy is gone and Venus doesn't play. I'm sad.
Pretty much why I mainly follow the women's side of things nowadays (and no, not just for the obvious reasons lol ...I actually enjoy the tennis)

Having said that it's kinda cool to watch the men's game when you're a neutral, makes it less stressful.

Will be supporting Masha, Sabine and Laura at SW19

I think Novak takes the men's title this year, especially given the draw ...women's title is obviously a non contest.

i have azarenka v. koehler on in the background, and her screams of pain caught my full attention :x :x :frown: hope vika's OK

on replay, foot slipped, looks like a thigh or knee

i have azarenka v. koehler on in the background, and her screams of pain caught my full attention :x :x :frown: hope vika's OK

on replay, foot slipped, looks like a thigh or knee

How could you tell the difference? Just kidding, I hope Vika is ok

Back
Top Bottom