The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Fer has to do so much on every single point just to hang in there. Too much to ask for, given his game.

No pics, but apparently it was something to do with children's rights according to the commentators.

good lord, this man at the French Open. :x :x grats to Rafa. all the way to the end, he was toying with ferrer. even on championship point, playing him like a marionette.

Last edited:
Since I'm done with school, maybe i'll finally get some tickets for the US Open and watch a few matches. I just have to remember to put some money aside for it :smh:.

Borg with 11 grand slams at the age of 26 always blew my mind. It's been amazing to see Federer and now Rafa, keep pace with him. It's a great time to be a tennis fan.

Never in doubt for me. Rafa is just too strong on the clay. The only player that gives him problems on a consistent basis is Nole due to his excellent backhand.

Rafas court movement and footwork in clay is in a different level above anybody.
i doubt if he can sustain it in the future tho he has to drop a lot of hard court competitions for his knees to keep up.

Rafa :pimp:

Can't believe i remember being in 4th-5th grade and watched him win his fitst french open. Such a dominate player. First player to ever get me following tennis :pimp:

Rafa > Fed

Can't agree with Rafa > Fed

Dominance all around > In one event

Nadal still has time but his body will eventually break under the force he plays with plus he has to deal with Joker and sometimes Murray for the rest of his career.

[quote name="RoOk"]Rafa > Fed[/quote]Let's not get carried away. [quote name="RoOk"]Rafa on clay > Fed on clay[/quote]Fixed.

Never in doubt for me. Rafa is just too strong on the clay. The only player that gives him problems on a consistent basis is Nole due to his excellent backhand.
Nole has ridiculous movement too, but more importantly, I think it's Nole's ability to turn a defensive-retrieval shot into an offensive one.  That is incredibly hard to pull-off and for him to do it consistently, just nuts.

But for Rafa to come back as strong as he did from being, what 7 months out (?), is incredible too.

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+A4YY_RIWtFGx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+jKyrlm_-xllx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+mxGQ60lpFptx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+V3-rxEw3kwGx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+QbuP7PBMN-cx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+TsCmzZE_5Lqx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+gbOZQ6MJ1XXx.jpg

2013+French+Open+Day+Fifteen+_T_iFXi449px.jpg

What was the impressive streak Federer had a few years ago?

I know he has a bunch of impressive records and streaks, and I know that's a very vague question to ask, but he had a streak a few years that was in the 140s... and I can't remember what. Unbroken sets maybe?

going to try and look it up, but I'm almost positive SinnerP remembers what I'm talking about.

That guy with the flare is such a damn fool. With all the craziness and concerns of bombings, you can't be doing that crap. They should've let Ferrer and Nadal take turns smacking his skull with racquets.

Probably Fed's 23 consecutive grand slam semi final streak.

, I agree about Nole's movement. Nole unlike most players that play Rafa plays can play him even on those lefty forehand to backhand exchanges which allow s him to trouble Rafa.

What was the impressive streak Federer had a few years ago?

I know he has a bunch of impressive records and streaks, and I know that's a very vague question to ask, but he had a streak a few years that was in the 140s... and I can't remember what. Unbroken sets maybe?

going to try and look it up, but I'm almost positive SinnerP remembers what I'm talking about.
Off the top of my head, like aepps said, I think it was his Slam semi-final streak...

According to Wiki...

Federer has reached a record 33 Grand Slam semifinals (2003 Wim – 2013 Australian Open), which is two more than the previous record set by Jimmy Connors (1974 Aus – 1991 USO).

King of Clay. I'd be lying if I said the knee injuries and Nole's dominance didn't worry me.

I see US Open for Rafa. Wimbledon for Nole (or Muzz).

I think Nadal will take Wimbledon as well now that I think about it. He probably will be "hurt" by the US Open.

As much as I love watching Rafa and I consider myself a fan of his game, he reeks PED's to me. How much his body changed, his comebacks from "injuries like nothing has happened, running through tournaments and then disppearing again. Also his combination of strength and his seemingly endless stamina just doesn't seem natural. I'm not doubting his skill at all but there are so many things that seem off.

I wonder how many more majors Rafa would have had he been healthy man.

Back
Top Bottom