The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I didn't watch any tennis today but I was looking at the scrolling results at the bottom of the TV screen. I was shocked to see so many ranked players eliminated by unranked ones. Definitely a bizzaro world kind of day.

Last edited:
What is in the water over there?
laugh.gif
Top players dropping like flies.
I wonder if a lot of them played quite a bit tennis so far or didn't have enough play/practice on grass. We'll see how today goes.

^ The gap has always been 2 weeks, so it's not something new.  If anything, I guess it was just a freak occurrence that so many had pre-existing injuries. The game is a lot more physical now so naturally, there will be more injures.  

Wimbledon also has a new grounds-keeper this year, so maybe it was something different they did when prepping the courts?  It could also be a weather factor as it's the only surface that changes throughout a tournament.  Given that it's a fortnight, the changes will be even more.

There will be a 3-week gap next year, so they'll be able to fit 1 more grass tournament in.  Better for players to adapt to the changes.

Anyway, lol, the irony.

BNsx0BICIAAMQy0.jpg:large

Roger+Federer+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+vkzixL5iH1_x.jpg

Meanwhile, Maria stuck around to watch Grigor... 

Maria+Sharapova+sits+stands+Court+3+watch+nP2phD7xqUkx.jpg

Last edited:
^ The gap has always been 2 weeks, so it's not something new.  If anything, I guess it was just a freak occurrence that so many had pre-existing injuries. The game is a lot more physical now so naturally, there will be more injures.  

Wimbledon also has a new grounds-keeper this year, so maybe it was something different they did when prepping the courts?  It could also be a weather factor as it's the only surface that changes throughout a tournament.  Given that it's a fortnight, the changes will be even more.

There will be a 3-week gap next year, so they'll be able to fit 1 more grass tournament in.  Better for players to adapt to the changes.

Anyway, lol, the irony.

BNsx0BICIAAMQy0.jpg:large

Roger+Federer+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+vkzixL5iH1_x.jpg
Those shoes are tight!!!
You'd think that a prestigious world-renowned tournament like Wimbledon would have a consistent/reliable grounds keeper for years. Guess not. I think the 3 weeks would give the players more rest as well.

Keep hoping ChampCruThik, you know Serena is the greatest women's player ever and she happens to be in her prime :lol:

I would take Sabine out for ice cream and hold hands with her though, them German women :pimp:

Sabine rustling Serena's jimmies out there in that first set 
nthat.gif

Come on Boom Boom!

Last edited:
...and Serena steps it up a notch just like that.

But Sabine takes it!!! 
laugh.gif

nthat.gif

Last edited:
:wow: :wow: the craziest major I've seen in terms of top seeds going out. That break at 4-4 was killer. And damn everyone really is going to the net hard this tourney.

If djoker or Andy get bounced early, I'm calling shenanigans

Sabine just lost me some $ but she's so cute I'm not even mad.

Serena was getting by on that serve, couldn't do it against her

Back
Top Bottom