The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

What a collection of players... past and present.

ALeqM5hxDx0G6ihQkEexIDb4lVfaRx-fZA

Wimbledon also has a new grounds-keeper this year, so maybe it was something different they did when prepping the courts?  It could also be a weather factor as it's the only surface that changes throughout a tournament.  Given that it's a fortnight, the changes will be even more.
You can't blame the courts for these upsets.  I think we have been so spoiled over the past 5 years with the dominance of the Williams sisters and the big three Fed/ Nadal/ Nole, that we just expect these guys to make every semi and final.  Tennis is a grueling year long sport, with travel to literally every part of the world intermixed.  Add that to the incredible skill of these pros and variability of court surface and we should see more upsets like this.  So happy for Sabine today, I was actually shocked that Serena gave her credit for outplaying her.  I think this is the first time in recorded history that she has not lost because of an injury or because she had a bad day, such a poor sport.  Good riddance Serena, I hope Sloan or Sabine wins this thing to show how classy women are supposed to act at Wimbledon:

Sabine only because Petra kvitova is on Sloane's side of the draw. Petra is quietly having a great run and she is the most accomplished grass court player left in the draw.

Nole was dialed in against Chardy and Haas. Nobody is beating Djoker if he minimizes his unforced errors like that.

Kvitova has to be the women's favorite remaining with Serena and Masha out.

Calling it now: Sabine loses her next match (or the one after) due to inconsistency and failure/inability to dial down her power for more potent accuracy.

Djokovic looking very good at this crazy *** Wimbledon, hopefully we get him and Murray in the final but who knows with how **** has been going :lol:

Rooting for Sabine after watching her outplay the goddess Serena. I give her a better shot than Sloane who is far too inconsistent although just as talented

Wimbledon also has a new grounds-keeper this year, so maybe it was something different they did when prepping the courts?  It could also be a weather factor as it's the only surface that changes throughout a tournament.  Given that it's a fortnight, the changes will be even more.
You can't blame the courts for these upsets.  I think we have been so spoiled over the past 5 years with the dominance of the Williams sisters and the big three Fed/ Nadal/ Nole, that we just expect these guys to make every semi and final.  Tennis is a grueling year long sport, with travel to literally every part of the world intermixed.  Add that to the incredible skill of these pros and variability of court surface and we should see more upsets like this.  So happy for Sabine today, I was actually shocked that Serena gave her credit for outplaying her.  I think this is the first time in recorded history that she has not lost because of an injury or because she had a bad day, such a poor sport.  Good riddance Serena, I hope Sloan or Sabine wins this thing to show how classy women are supposed to act at Wimbledon:
No, I wasn't saying the courts were to blame for the upsets.  It was on the number of injuries and slips in the first few days.  

I was never a fan of Serena, so I hear ya.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Sabs win, but my full-support will be for Li Na! 

Not sure Sloane's up for the challenge just yet... maybe a bit more experience will be needed.  Women's draw is so open now.

Nole was so sharp against Chardy... but then again, it was Chardy.  Would like to see Andy take this one...

Good thing now is that Sabine is the new fan favorite, she won a lot of new admirers yesterday and the Brit crowds are gonna be behind her all the way whoever she gets. Hopefully that support will spur her on just that extra little bit for the semis and then the final.

Fully expect her to get past Kanepi today though.

Last edited:
While I'm fully-invested in the Li-Rad match, Sloane must win... I absolutely hate watching Marion play! 

bartoli got some thighs man :nerd:

she probably thinking, "oh hell nah im not goin out like these other fools with an injury"

Lol, I've always enjoyed watching the crazy French girl myself.

Funnily enough it was watching Marion that first put me on to Sabine when they played here a few years back. I'd actually like to see them meet in the final so 'Bine could get payback.

Last edited:
Li-Na should be dominating this match. Way too many unforced errors. She's determining everything and hurting herself.

Li Na should have taken that 1st set too.  Dunno why she refused to challenge those close calls.  Had she challenged that serve on set-point, it would have been an ace and should would have won the set. 
mad.gif

damn come on Li :frown:

edit: wow. double fault at the worst time

Last edited:
Li Na should have taken that 1st set too.  Dunno why she refused to challenge those close calls.  Had she challenged that serve on set-point, it would have been an ace and should would have won the set. 
mad.gif
I'm pretty heated about it. I had a bet on Li Na. That challenge killed me. At least the last game was entertaining. 

Li is just too stubborn on the challenge. that will stick to her for a while :smh:
Rad got the breaks on the delays and all.

Bartoli or Flipkens will be in the Wimbledon final... wow.

Anyway, your semifinalists...

Kirsten+Flipkens+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+KH-fotn9elHx.jpg

Marion+Bartoli+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+Ggxwge3hRaFx.jpg

Agnieszka+Radwanska+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+2z42GAhtsD8x.jpg

Sabine+Lisicki+Wimbledon+Tennis+Championships+vQYTy51XU74x.jpg

Last edited:
What're you guys thinking for tmrw?

Obviously Djokovic. But I think Del Porto and I think Kubot will play well, but I really don't watch too much tennis. I usually can bet Wimbledon well though.

Back
Top Bottom