The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I'm not worried about Naomi in the long run if she's mentally ok. The women's tour is in shambles if we're honest. I wish one of these ladies would seize the opportunity and go on a run. I'm happy that Sloane and Jozy got married (Black Love) but I don't think she's going to play much longer.

Rafa's energy def has dropped a bit. Missed that 0-15 FH in the 4th, which could have turned things his way.

^ I think there are a few others (like Simo) who are still wearing the old Vapors. I'm sure Nike pumping those out for their athletes.
Delpo still wears the Air Max Cage from 2013! 😅

Anyway... I don't know how Rafa won that. He looked pretty drained with whatever that stomach issue was. Shapo caved early in the 5th tho... that break was all UFEs.

Fell asleep just as Shapo was about to tie it up late in the 4th set :lol:, glad to wake up and see that Rafa managed to pull through after all the momentum stated swinging Shapo's way.

Back in the semis :pimp:

Hopefully FAA can take care of business tonight

Yea they both hated each others guts for years :lol:, Shapo's just extremely salty he couldn't close the deal after coming so close

His outbursts are Kygrios-esque at times, always easier to play the victim and lash out at others than take accountability

Australia will take home the men's double title, and they'll have a chance to take home the mixed doubles and the ladies singles. Could be quite the weekend for them.

Barty makes it look so easy... plus her oppos don't seem to have an answer for her slice BH.
Her technique and fundamentals are so solid. Kids, learn from her playing style!

Meanwhile, Iga looks like she has no answers for Collins right now. I don't really care much for Collins, but her excessive 'come on's' are pretty irritating. 😅😅😅

Back
Top Bottom