The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

That CW is looking nice! Looks like Nadal has hella cushion in his shoes too lol. Probably needs it at this point.

I wish this wasn't on ESPN+.

Gauff has to go back to the lab. Maybe change up coaches because she's regressing.

Last edited:

883c712fbfe07607104c46e83e44af2d.gif

Kerber another seed to get bounced as well, probably still rusty from the effects of Covid.

Sabalenka is a sitting duck waiting to get eliminated with how horrible her serving is at the moment.

Good win by Murray. Tough and hard-fought. Hope it didn't take too much out of him.

I thought Sabalenka was done after being down a set and a break. 😅

And a good win by Emma as well... Guess the pressure was on after not having a lot of good results after her USO.

finally sitting down to watch some matches I want this dude Shapovalov to lose he's a screaming douche :lol:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a tennis player wear full length leggings/pants
I thought she was out in her practice gear. 😂
I've seen Venus, Caroline, Iga, play in leggings, but they had their normal tennis skirt on top. And it was pretty cold that day.

NB visor, Nike top, unknown leggings, Asics sneakers.

I thought she was out in her practice gear. 😂
I've seen Venus, Caroline, Iga, play in leggings, but they had their normal tennis skirt on top. And it was pretty cold that day.

NB visor, Nike top, unknown leggings, Asics sneakers.

lol it was trippin me out like, she wore yoga pants to a match? and ya the skirt combo is common for sure

ah I forgot about the catsuit too but that was full body and had some pre-match hype

Good win for Anisimova against Bencic, should be a good match next when she faces Osaka.

One of the weirdest winners you'll ever see.

saw this live and totally assumed it was illegal :lol: apparently as long as you don't touch the net, you good

Go do it if you get the chance have managed to catch him play live a couple of times, priceless memories.

Quite a number of upsets today Muguruza, Kontaveit and Schwartzman out.

Shame was expecting Muguruza and Kontaveit to do well.

Separately the previously highly rated American Cici Bellis has retired at just 22 because of injuries.

Cici retiring already is pretty unlucky. I remember a few years ago when she had a decent season and was supposedly the next huge talent. Rough time with injuries.

Naomi missed SO many 2nd serve returns and change-up serves. Amanda was rock solid.
Apparently, Naomi will drop out of the top 80 after Oz.

Back
Top Bottom