The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

I was about to say I can't believe that Stosur has been a fluke since she beat Serena a couple of years ago that happens a lot in women's tennis. So many one slam wonders smh....

I was about to say I can't believe that Stosur has been a fluke since she beat Serena a couple of years ago that happens a lot in women's tennis. So many one slam wonders smh....
Every time a comment like this comes up, I just think of Henin.

I miss watching Justine's one hander. 
ohwell.gif

Today was the best I have ever seen Ivanovic play, by far.  Her serve, which is so often a liability, was a strength today.  Her forehand was rock solid, and her backhand held up the whole match.  She was aggressive and stepping in on the second serves and returning them with pace.  Today she looked like a Number 1 Player. 

Kudos to Ana on a great match!  Yes, Serena obviously wasn't playing her best, but give credit to Ana because so many times I have seen her get a lead, then cough it up.  Most famous example was last year when she was up 5-2 in the third set vs Li Na, and ended up losing the match 7-5.  I think her new coaching team is doing a great job so far.  

I am very happy for her on her victory today!

^ Monfils played reasonably well in the first 2 sets... hung in there in a LOT of rallies.  Problem was, he just couldn't win the points.  The scoreline wasn't representative of the match.

There was also a bit of a scare when Rafa hurt his foot.  Didn't look like he did anything to it though.

Potential Ana vs. Genie match on Monday! 

EDIT ~ And Ana vs. Genie it is! 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom