The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Women's can be tough for me to watch, but that Sharapova match was good. 

Wozniacki is just missing something from watching her....not sure what.

Heat here in Melbourne is shocking today!!
Todd Woodbridge just said that it could drop back to 13 degrees next week!?  Really!?  The fluctuations! 

Has it been especially hot this year?  They always talk about the heat every year, but it seems like it's a bigger deal this year?  Or at least, over the past few years.  Global warming. 

Lighting-warning now!?  LOLOZ

BeFoRlLCAAAbu3T.jpg:large

Last edited:

Todd Woodbridge just said that it could drop back to 13 degrees next week!?  Really!?  The fluctuations! 

Has it been especially hot this year?  They always talk about the heat every year, but it seems like it's a bigger deal this year?  Or at least, over the past few years.  Global warming. 
its crazy...

Its now raining over Melbourne Park...!!

Its always been hot, but with tomorrow, it makes it 4 days in a row.. Not something we've had for a little while..Next week the low is 14 for Wednesday and top of 24.. There's always rain during the open

Here's the radar, rain right on Melbourne

View media item 749215

We had crazy lightening strikes last night and they've said it's gonna happen tonight again.

Today has seen play suspended for heat, then lightening and now rain

Last edited:
Anyway... Sock and Monf are absolutely drenched right now... humidity killin' it right now.

Also, Rafa wore white CB 4.3's today. 

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+9xL2RdLFnJ6x.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+UkjXAsGFtQsx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+NBkSqP2xFDEx.jpg

Rafael+Nadal+2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+BnEyrmRR0iUx.jpg

Last edited:
Watched Sock and Monfils last night. Sock came close in the first set and then lost the break in the 2nd and that was that.

I casually watch Tennis unlike a lot of you, but I remember 4 or 5 years ago watching Monfils and thinking he would be very very good. Great even. You see the flashes, but he just doesn't put together runs in majors. I'm pulling for him right now. Hopefully he can make something happen. I love his attitude....Some say that's a reason why he hasn't succeeded. Whatever though.

Monfils definitely has the shots, but sometimes his attitude might be too relaxed in that he'll let-loose a few shots which will cost him a crucial game and ultimately the match.  His body/knees are also a liability.

Anyway... Day 4

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+sR_lriI5GqWx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+Ij5turWZoyhx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+f8Wxt_BTuwMx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+3snkCBbDwiIx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+z3RDbl4NRl7x.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+dhddwOcafpCx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+mRhb1yY-jIqx.jpg

Great fight-back by Sloane today...

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+eiF-m9YieUGx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+dDRCi3XmhWxx.jpg

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+YJCwykFZNM4x.jpg

And an impressive battle by Kyrgios too.  Cramping late into the 5th. but toughed it out.  Bernie could learn a thing or two.

2014+Australian+Open+Day+4+EhNSS9cUp3Ix.jpg

Monfils is the JR Smith of tennis. tons of talent, but lacks mental fortitude and intelligence :lol:

Monfils is the JR Smith of tennis. tons of talent, but lacks mental fortitude and intelligence
laugh.gif
I kind of agree, but I think Monfils is out there with the intention of putting on a good show. He digs the crowd.

I don't know if JR even realizes what he does sometimes. Shoe laces, really? 

Sucks that Gulbis lost.  I didn't get a chance to watch the match, but I do like Querrey so I am ok with the result.  

I love watching Monfils play, the way he entertains the crowd.  Yea, I do wish sometimes he would be more serious and not waste all his energy early on, but nobody can argue he is fun to watch.  I got the pleasure of seeing him play live at the US Open last year vs Isner, and he broke out a dance move in the middle of the match.  It was great.  

Pennetta made it to the 4th round today, woohoo!  Glad to see her healthy and playing well again.

Ivanovic vs Stosur tonight.  Wish I could see that, because I think it will be a great match.  Both players like to be agressive and dictate with their forehands.  Sam has the Aussie crowd on her side, home court, but Ivanovic has been playing well so far this year.  Go Ana!

Back
Top Bottom