||| - The Official Wiz Khalifa Thread [Cabin Fever Out Now] // Rolling Papers out March 29th - |||

Maybe, Kush and Orange Juice was a one hit wonder in terms of appealing to a certain crowd. That + his involvement on How Fly was what stood out to me in terms of his body of work. I find it ironic that he would be so selective with record companies, turn down touring opportunities, etc only to release something so "pop" motivated.

People love to bash Curren$y when his sale figures come out but dude doesn't turn his back on half of his fan base.

Also, he can put Chevy Woods on all his songs but I'm going to keep it real, I won't be a fan of his.

Rooftops with spitta is 4mins and 20secs
laugh.gif

my wiz khalifa hype was def dying down. i kept hearing the same thing over and over again. which is fine if he does it well and keeps a unique sound, but the quality kept goin down. and it got more and more repetitive.

so this album def solidified my point. hot garabage.

"kush and oj" and "how fly" is how im gona try to remember wiz, not this trash.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Tre and Justin. i'm a bigger Big Sean fan than Wiz. but be real. it's VERY close over who is more repetitive. especially with Sean reusing lines now.

I will admit that, Big Sean is using lines over and over, word to "Every rapper named big got bodied, blah blah blah"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by zona0924

Originally Posted by FudgeMoney24

Yo I love Wiz but this album is hot garbage.

It's early, though. Perhaps it will grow on me.

How can hot garbage grow on you? Just curious.
I've hated many songs before on first listen.  But after a while sometimes they grow on me and I feel foolish for previously hating them.

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Not one weed song on the whole damn album  
What happened to "Usually I make a weed soooong" 
30t6p3b.gif
This.  Like I posted earlier, what happened to "This album is gonna be more like Kush & Orange Juice", or am I the only person who remembers him saying that in a interview?

Originally Posted by CJ616

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Not one weed song on the whole damn album  
What happened to "Usually I make a weed soooong" 
30t6p3b.gif
This.  Like I posted earlier, what happened to "This album is gonna be more like Kush & Orange Juice", or am I the only person who remembers him saying that in a interview?

Nah I remember his saying that. "a mature K & OJ"Smh liar, wiz is a big fat phony

Yall dudes seem reallllllllll angry and i dont see the point. You should have saw where this album was headed with roll up he signed to a major, majors dont let you release the material that you wanna release. It never happens i dont understand why yall dont understand this simple concept, unless your a vet in this game your pretty much gonna make the music your label wants you to make point blank

NOT ONE WEED SONG? Weed songs are what sold out all his shows. I don't want to go to a rap concert with my boys and hear a bunch of love songs.

Originally Posted by tyisny

Yall dudes seem reallllllllll angry and i dont see the point. You should have saw where this album was headed with roll up he signed to a major, majors dont let you release the material that you wanna release. It never happens i dont understand why yall dont understand this simple concept, unless your a vet in this game your pretty much gonna make the music your label wants you to make point blank

all majors arent like that. atlantic just super greedy... interscope let wale do him... motown lets cudi do him... atlantic just one of them labels u dont sign with if u wanna keep control...

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by tyisny

all majors arent like that. atlantic just super greedy... interscope let wale do him... motown lets cudi do him... atlantic just one of them labels u dont sign with if u wanna keep control...

Sometimes letting an artist do them can prove to be a failure as well.  I haven't heard Wiz album yet, but I'll probably grab it next week.

wiz is doin his thing....cabin fever was sick cant til next week, Rolling Papers is a must have

Wiz is slowly losing a fan. Besides like 4 tracks, this is utter *!$+. He said mature KxOJ. This *!$+ is for $**$@@ who wear colored skinny jeans and wear scarves around their necks. @$!% OUTTA HERE CUH!

A lot of singing going on. But not as bad as some people make it out. I just think everyone was expecting something else...

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Maybe, Kush and Orange Juice was a one hit wonder in terms of appealing to a certain crowd. That + his involvement on How Fly was what stood out to me in terms of his body of work. I find it ironic that he would be so selective with record companies, turn down touring opportunities, etc only to release something so "pop" motivated.

People love to bash Curren$y when his sale figures come out but dude doesn't turn his back on half of his fan base.

Also, he can put Chevy Woods on all his songs but I'm going to keep it real, I won't be a fan of his.

SMH

thought the album was too poppy. not my vibe. Couple joints on it were nice though.

Sounds like this is exactly what Wiz wanted to make as an album and to sell. After this album im guessing he gon get on his Kush x OJ vibe so he dont lose fans. If he doesn't then so be it...We dont buy albums anyways.

Currensy verse on Rooftops
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom