The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well then it becomes a trial and error thing on ways to use ELs and not get caught. seems like nothin is for sure tho the way people are getting Megged with or without bots.

People who got megged did use. Just not for that particular release. Looking back into the history.

interesting info about NIke using a third party IT company. seems like this could b a whole other issue LOL...but like you said i will press on, theres other avenues i use beside NDC to cop the shoes i want. ive always had plans A, B, C,and D in place come release day for a shoe i realy want...
All this stuff is public knowledge lol.  it makes sense if you think about it. Nikes purpose is athletic clothing blah blah blah so why would they spend a lot of money on IT. might as well out source it and spend those funds else where. But i will say they are doing a better job at it than finishine LMAO who has out sourced their IT to some local company (probably a board member's homeboy) and has only 1 technical admin contact! So i say this to say these companies will fix their sites but its not at the top of their priorities list. so we will continue to find these vulnerabilities and continue to take advantage of them.

PEOPLE FORGET THAT THE SHOES THEMSELVES ARE LIMITED. EVEN WITH EVERYTHING SET UP PERFECTLY, YOU CAN STILL STRIKE OUT.
no disrespect to you or anything but why are you always typing in caps? is your kb broken or do you just like doing it? lol no offense just a pet peeve of mine whenever i read your posts i'm screaming in my head
roll.gif

All this stuff is public knowledge lol.  it makes sense if you think about it. Nikes purpose is athletic clothing blah blah blah so why would they spend a lot of money on IT. might as well out source it and spend those funds else where. But i will say they are doing a better job at it than finishine LMAO who has out sourced their IT to some local company (probably a board member's homeboy) and has only 1 technical admin contact! So i say this to say these companies will fix their sites but its not at the top of their priorities list. so we will continue to find these vulnerabilities and continue to take advantage of them.
Well, finishline already redirects the origin site though 

Nike also has that mirror origin site, but can't find add to product links there 

Last edited:
easier said than done.
things were simpler when it was just creating a simple script to automate the process. there are just more factors in the equation now that the bot boom is in full effect. algorithms need to be optimized. latency needs to be minimized. computers needs to be upgraded in some cases. servers are being used. scripts need to be maintained.

this is higher level stuff now and its not like people are now really going out of there way to help others get to the next level. I know you have tried but its fairly rare to see that from others. those with technical backgrounds are starting to pull away from the novice, or uneducated users. its not really their fault and its not something as easy as saying, put your big boy pants on. you have to see it from all perspectives.
everytime you help someone get a shoe, your giving yourself less of a chance to cop.  i dont blame anyone for not helping period.  if i knew the secret to get every release, you best believe i wouldnt be sharing ****.  however, id point people in the right direction.  nobody likes doing all kindsa work and research, to just give it away for free to the other guy and lessen your own chances.  

Just read the last couple of days too funny. I call bs on the tweetdeck explanation, how can Nike know if you used tweetdeck or not? If they were that good they would of cancelled all of the people who used early links. To whoever asked why Nike doesn't stop early links its because they have to generate the link before the shoes go on sale. They have to account for all the pairs in their inventory and have it connected to their online store. Then there site gets hit with thousands of orders In a matter of seconds/minutes. There servers do a good job of managing that in real time. Any attempt to catch not or EL users would probably decrease how effective their checkout system is. I just hope they do away twitter for releases all together.

Just read the last couple of days too funny. I call bs on the tweetdeck explanation, how can Nike know if you used tweetdeck or not? If they were that good they would of cancelled all of the people who used early links. To whoever asked why Nike doesn't stop early links its because they have to generate the link before the shoes go on sale. They have to account for all the pairs in their inventory and have it connected to their online store. Then there site gets hit with thousands of orders In a matter of seconds/minutes. There servers do a good job of managing that in real time. Any attempt to catch not or EL users would probably decrease how effective their checkout system is. I just hope they do away twitter for releases all together.
Why can't Nike install a module that once the link goes live, it also tweets? 

Your explanation is comical.
Nikes like omg we can't stop the product page from being live before it's supposed to go live. We done goofed!
All while Eastbay puts the link out there for everyone to see and can block add to cart requests until a given time.
Then some magic happens when the product page becomes unavailable on Ndc once they say it's sold out even tho sizes are still available :lol:

easier said than done.

things were simpler when it was just creating a simple script to automate the process. there are just more factors in the equation now that the bot boom is in full effect. algorithms need to be optimized. latency needs to be minimized. computers needs to be upgraded in some cases. servers are being used. scripts need to be maintained.

this is higher level stuff now and its not like people are now really going out of there way to help others get to the next level. I know you have tried but its fairly rare to see that from others. those with technical backgrounds are starting to pull away from the novice, or uneducated users. its not really their fault and its not something as easy as saying, put your big boy pants on. you have to see it from all perspectives.
everytime you help someone get a shoe, your giving yourself less of a chance to cop.  i dont blame anyone for not helping period.  if i knew the secret to get every release, you best believe i wouldnt be sharing ****.  however, id point people in the right direction.  nobody likes doing all kindsa work and research, to just give it away for free to the other guy and lessen your own chances.  

Thanks Sherlock. The thread exists because members said they'd help other people out. The main members that post in here are the ones that asked for it. If you don't want to help then you don't need a thread.

Nikes like omg we can't stop the product page from being live before it's supposed to go live. We done goofed!
All while Eastbay puts the link out there for everyone to see and can block add to cart requests until a given time.
Then some magic happens when the product page becomes unavailable on Ndc once they say it's sold out even tho sizes are still available
laugh.gif

the trick to early link is to get it into your cart. go to another browser after NDC has tweeted. Sign in and checkout....
do you mean...

1) to add to cart while logged into your NDC account on one browser and then open a new browser? (i.e. login and add to cart on firefox then open on explorer, login and checkout?)

or

2) add to cart on browser while not logged in, then open another instance of the same browser, login and checkout?

i find that adding to cart across different browsers only works when logged into your NDC account.

Then some magic happens when the product page becomes unavailable on Ndc once they say it's sold out even tho sizes are still available :lol:

[thread="565593"]They still have to create the link before 8 AM on Saturday morning, no matter if it is live or not. How early are those EL going live? [/thread]

Doesn't matter. They are live early and you can add them to cart before release. Any software person can tell you it's trivial to fix the issue. This isn't the first time people figured out the link to the page on Ndc. Used to just show the error page back in the day.

How do you discover the link? Pattern looks somewhat sequential in the pid/pgid numbers, but nothing really consistent. Brute force guessing?

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the useful information on this thread. finally read all the posts...  and thanks to @evilside for the early link to the KBV. got really lucky ... I can fully depend on this on all future releases. But I wouldn't know what to do if decides to go on an e-vacation.

I've started doing some homework and got to it for the last couple of days. I've finally figured out how to grab that early link... BUT I do have a question for the early link guru's here. How do we figure out the link decoration to the twitter links (ie: usns_..._bball_preludev? I can't figure out how to decipher that part... and as we all know too well, having the link decoration wrong is just as bad as having it missing. Any hints or pointers?

Thanks Sherlock. The thread exists because members said they'd help other people out. The main members that post in here are the ones that asked for it. If you don't want to help then you don't need a thread.
i havent seen alot of help for a while on here.  recently its just been who was successful and who failed, and what both sides used. i believe that is beneficial, at least to me it has been.  but the help on this thread is only to a certain level, once you get there, its all on you to progress.

Good thing most of the releases this year are. Will give me more time to experiment and learn and not worry about striking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom