the Vans thread...

Shout to the threegeees threegeees again for the discount code :pimp:

Haven't stayed up to date on my Vans news... Can anybody tell me why checkered authentics are 150 on ebay?  It's a beautiful shoe, but i'm not willing to pay that much for it...
2 words.

Jerry Lorenzo.

(unfortunately the checkered authentics are collateral damage, the ones that took the real heat are the checkered era lx and checkered slip on lx)

Yoooooo... I thought I was tripping earlier this week when I seen an influx of people posting checkered authentics on the gram.

It all makes sense now...... But still ridiculous.

who the heck is jerry lorenzo? googled him and all that shows up is his instagram and twitter...

who the heck is jerry lorenzo? googled him and all that shows up is his instagram and twitter...
Haha I asked my friend the same thing the other day. He said he used to be kanyes stylist and is responsible for kanyes goofy look. So then he started his own brand called fear of God and all the Kanye minions love it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong

Last edited:
Glad the snake skins were easy to get. Just hope the materials worth the $150.
Also hope the bones are just as easy to cop.

Haha I asked my friend the same thing the other day. He said he used to be kanyes stylist and is responsible for kanyes goofy look. So then he started his own brand called fear of God and all the Kanye minions love it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
I don't think he styled Kanye officially but he def wore a lot of Jerry's Fear of God stuff in 2014-ish.

Jerry is responsible for the premium long tees, layering items, boxy tees, and ridiculous $600 vintange band tee lol and not to mention, $1200 military "sneakers"

He also has a more affordable line at Pacsun called FOG.

Don't get me wrong, I like the aesthetic, but I stick to the Pacsun version of the stuff.

Are they supposed to look like the top picture or bottom picture?
they were actually supposed to look like the ones on the left

but they came out faded  (material, sourcing, quality issues)

you can get some wax/polish and make em look glossyish like the other ones

the blue ones are my favorite out of the bunch but i def suggest picking that one up in person to inspect it 

edit: just noticed the one on the bottom has white foxing/binding stripe

looks like photoshop or maybe it comes like that on the kids/womens size

but they should have the blue binding line like the one on top

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much would the Wtaps crossbones era will approximately retail for?

Wow if that's really how much retail will be going for, I'm going to have to double up :nerd:

I grabbed all the pairs yesterday but dumb blends had to go cancel my order 
mean.gif

Authentics were $65 and chukkas were $80

Man so tempted to grab blue snakes but seem to be sitting so maybe I can catch on sale soon? Tough one

FOG x Vans Sk8 released and they are in-store only. List of stores are on their site, but one close to me said they haven't received them yet. Resellers with no job are about to come up. :smh:

FOG x Vans Sk8 released and they are in-store only. List of stores are on their site, but one close to me said they haven't received them yet. Resellers with no job are about to come up. :smh:
Welp there goes any chance for anyone else in the world

Back
Top Bottom