The Wu going at Joe Budden!!!

I don't think G Rap was trying to go Platinum with his last album. He's just having fun with it and only made it for his real fans. Most people, evenheads that like him, didn't even know it was out. I appreciate the fact that he's still doing what he loves and putting out heat. Nothing wrong thatthat. You have to be a complete moron to think that G Rap right now would still not go toe to toe with and destroy 99.9% of rappers alive.

Sounds like excuses... Listen, that should tell u sometime when a legend can't even break a 1000 copies...

All members of that group don't deserve equal respect...I mean only a maniac would give U-God the same respect they would give ghost...
I see where you stand...And I feel you. But just cause Ghost was a way rapper better than Baby Huey doesn't mean he don't deserve equalrespect, In my eyes. Peep...

Maybe its just me cause I studied and read almost everything they wrote or interview they were on from the moment I heard them. They all helped each other formtheir own unique styles...Like Michael Jordan's older brother whooping his little butt everyday for years and years, I believe he deserves equal respectcause Mike wouldn't have been as nice without that in his life. But that's me.

These guys used to literally torture each other writing and rhyming and with the fashions and new slangs every day...competition was their life. And I have yetto be impressed by anybody to this day still like I was with them.

And in none of my threads have I said anything disrespectful about Joey...He did his thing from 01-03. Nothing that wowed me...except for all his early DJ cluefreestyles. Those were serious.
pimp.gif
This here is beef I don't approvethough. Feels like a waste of oxygen on both ends. Wu members know who they are. Why defend their honor against Joey? No offense to him but I feel legends likeWu should only recognize the words of legends as well. Otherwise its like in Afro Samurai where he's going around cuttin heads of anybody and everybodythat challenges him...its stupid. Literally stupid.

Remember Jay-Z vs Jayo Felony?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...it was a waste of oxygen on Hov's part.

laugh.gif
this was so whack. People are really fans of these super averagerappers from Wu-Tang? Wu-Tang is one of those rap groups who were good in the early 90s and people "love" them because they are seen as"raw", "underground", "anti-commercial". So they are held at a different standard and seen as legends. And of course....no oneshall dare speak ill about legends. GTF outta here
eyes.gif
. This N wasn't saying anything
eek.gif
. M16 could have made a better diss record. Anyone from Slaughterhouse would eatthe Wu for breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, and midnight snack.

-The Shaolin Nectar

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

JamesOnNT wrote:

NostrandAve68 wrote:

This is a losing situation for Joey, him murking a 40 year old rapper past his prime proclaims exactly what... its expected for him to?
But if he doesn't come back then he's the biggest loser/lame/worst rapper ever. Catch 22.

Can't wait for Budden to kill him .. diss will probably be out today/tomorrow.
Thats why I said its a losing situation. Joey comes back and murks Deck, what does he gain.. he actually loses credibility for going at 2 legends
now {Meth & Dech] and most people including myself expect Joey to come nicer than a 40 year old Dech so its basically meh.

only a lame would say u lose credibility for goin at a legend... this is rap... thats y %+%* b !@%$+@ up cuz dudes b too soft/scared to speak they %*+#%# mind... joe is who he cuz luckily he dont give a *$+* what people think... more rappers need that attitude...

You are a lame for being a nobody that wants attention so they go after certified legends because they are ranked higher on VIBE's website. I mean, seriously ?

Joe Budden is nothing more than an attention whoring gimmick rapper. His 2 minutes of fame are up, now he caught some internet hype and is riding it out by getting into as many beefs as he can. First dude smacked his boy and sonned him, Saigon murdered him, now Wu-Tang is gonna take turns passing him around like a high school dropout video girl. Budden should stay in his lane and ride his little wave out with some more videos of Tahiry, because outside of the internet he's irrelevant. Deck will go down as a legend, Budden will go down as the Pump it Up clown.

This is almost as pathetic as Tech-9 dissing Rakim. Fortunately Rakim did the right thing and ignored the clown. RZA needs to send a search party out for Shyheim and let him lace up Budden.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Deck has NEVER been talked about as an individual...never.

Joey raps better than _'s.

indifferent.gif

What kind of teeny bopper skirt wearing hip hop fan lames are you talking to ? Inspectah Deck is a legend in his own right. Joey isn't seeing him, even with 20 years on him, which is pathetic. Next we gonna have Rajon Rondo calling out Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson to a ball game saying "this is basketball, your irrelevant, play me one on one right now!"

What did Tech 9 say about Rakim?

Aye, aye, check it
I understand señor already
But in this case, on this show, i'm a top priority
In lawrence, your minority and i'm the majoriry
Check it, i was young and broke
But i'd fetch it, if it was freshest
Shelf the store for the eric b. and rakim record
Promoters called us and said,
"we got this show and want you to close us"
Ghostface and brother ali rockin with a band in 'sota
We couldn't wait to see rakim rock
But he never ever showed up
He swole up cause he didn't wanna go up before us
Man, what's wrong with these people?
Think that the world gotta kiss their @%$!%
500 capacity but you wanna get 200 passes

Thought it was about gouda
40 water told me,
"n9na, get ya cabbage, stay savage and ravage the average"
Y'all better hope radio and video
Keep me from slithering... into they circle
I'll change it, that's why they shivering
Rakim the god? he just miss the king's delivering
Cause they know they'll fall
And i'll blow them all to smithereens

Get off your high horse
Keyshia cole, get off your high horse
Rakim, get off your high horse
Industry, get off your high horse
Yeah

Originally Posted by M16

Aye, aye, check it
I understand señor already
But in this case, on this show, i'm a top priority
In lawrence, your minority and i'm the majoriry
Check it, i was young and broke
But i'd fetch it, if it was freshest
Shelf the store for the eric b. and rakim record
Promoters called us and said,
"we got this show and want you to close us"
Ghostface and brother ali rockin with a band in 'sota
We couldn't wait to see rakim rock
But he never ever showed up
He swole up cause he didn't wanna go up before us
Man, what's wrong with these people?
Think that the world gotta kiss their @%$!%
500 capacity but you wanna get 200 passes

Thought it was about gouda
40 water told me,
"n9na, get ya cabbage, stay savage and ravage the average"
Y'all better hope radio and video
Keep me from slithering... into they circle
I'll change it, that's why they shivering
Rakim the god? he just miss the king's delivering
Cause they know they'll fall
And i'll blow them all to smithereens

Get off your high horse
Keyshia cole, get off your high horse
Rakim, get off your high horse
Industry, get off your high horse
Yeah
indifferent.gif
that was wack

dissing a r&b singer?

but good looking on this M16

I'll take Deck's verse on C.R.E.A.M. over Budden being born.

Outside of NT. I have never had a conversation about Budden's music, cause no one knows who he is.

The few times I bought up his name, I get the " _ is you serious?!" face..." You talkin bout homie that had that song with Marques Houston?
indifferent.gif
"

Y'all overrating the hell out of his recent work too. Budden's name shouldn't even be in the convo as far as top albums/mixtapes in the last 3years or so. Not with all of these crazy mixtapes cats been dropping left and right.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

I'll take Deck's verse on C.R.E.A.M. over Budden being born.

Outside of NT. I have never had a conversation about Budden's music, cause no one knows who he is.

The few times I bought up his name, I get the " _ is you serious?!" face..." You talkin bout homie that had that song with Marques Houston?
indifferent.gif
"

Y'all overrating the hell out of his recent work too. Budden's name shouldn't even be in the convo as far as top albums/mixtapes in the last 3 years or so. Not with all of these crazy mixtapes cats been dropping left and right.
eek.gif
i thought i was the only one

i'm sorry but:
Cold World and CREAM
not to mention appearances (and having the best verse) on lots of songs off of the wu solos and albums.

what does joe have? pump it up? yeah, ok.

There is an OBVIOUS generation gap on Niketalk when it comes to music.

A lot of younger people hear the name Wu-Tang and automatically associate it with being irrelevant, boring, incoherent, uncomprehendingly lyrical ol' headsand automatically brush them off without even actually giving them a listen.

That's cool if you come from a younger generation and can't relate to the music.

But if you come from the 90's era and you're fronting on Inspectah Deck as a rapper and the critical acclaim of his solo albums you're playingyourself, HARD. Yeah Meth was THAT DUDE and Rae and Ghost had the best style/swag w/e, but bar for bar Deck was the hardest one in the group to outshine on anytrack.

As far as this dis song, Deck went in.
pimp.gif
Even I didn't expect a replyfrom him of all people. That Jeopardy segment was priceless
roll.gif

OptimusPrimeAPhiA wrote:

A WHOLE LOT OF BS.
People really do act like their opinions on the internet are a poll of everyone...quite naive if you ask me.
QFT.

You honestly cannot put Budden in the same bracket as Deck. Yes Deck is somewhat irrelevant in today's music scene, but when it comes to worldwide fanbase,Budden is not touching ANY Wu-Tang member. Masta Killa does better numbers than Budden.

Originally Posted by M16

arguably outshined Pun on his own track

QFT.

And for the record, Uncontrolled Substance is a classic and HIGHLY slept on album.

The difference is...Deck is done. He doesn't have a career. Once again, if this was just a regular Deck song, nobody replies to this post. I might not have even clicked it if his name was in the title. Joey isn't even 30 yet. He's dropped more solo +$%@ that Deck and has sold more records than Deck.

Deck has NEVER been talked about as an individual...never. Say his name and you think "That _ from the Wu?" Ask for a verse...blank.

When are _'s gonna get off this whole "internet" thing? I'll assume you're a real person, I know I am. If we were in a room together, we might just talk about Joe Budden....outside the internet. Not saying his name is buzzing or anything... The only way we would talk about Deck is if he walked past us. Nobody's talking about him on the net or off the net. People know who he is because of the Wu. Joe stood on his own and has more people checking for him that Deck ever had.

But honestly, I talked about that and NONE of it matter because Joey raps better than _'s. And if yall are so hip hop this and that. The _ has bars, plain and simple. And I'm not downing Deck as far as rapping goes, but Joey is just better than him. No matter who was apart of what, who has more respect, who did this and lost that...Joey can rap.

But like you said, he kills this _ and he's just doing what he's supposed to do. It's a no win for Joe. He put himself in this spot by being "outspoken" 1 guy took it so personal...and now his homie who is sadly begging for attention made a diss track when Deck's name never came out of Joey's mouth.
People really do act like their opinions on the internet are a poll of everyone...quite naive if you ask me.

Originally Posted by The Game is a Foot

A lot of younger people hear the name Wu-Tang and automatically associate it with being irrelevant, boring, incoherent, uncomprehendingly lyrical ol' heads and automatically brush them off without even actually giving them a listen.

QFMFT

Deck murked out on this
pimp.gif

a list of songs deck destroyed:

cream
triumph
cold world
tres leches
guillotine
assassination day
duel of the iron mic
wu tang clan ain't nuthin to +!*$ wit
the mystery of chess boxin
for heavens sake

and thats just ten off the top.

*bonus*
heaterz

holla at me when buttons comes out with ONE song on a retail album that messes with any of the above.

A lot of younger people hear the name Wu-Tang and automatically associate it with being irrelevant, boring, incoherent, uncomprehendingly lyrical ol' heads and automatically brush them off without even actually giving them a listen.

QFMFT

Deck murked out on this
pimp.gif

No alot of people see the name wu tang look back on the last decade of rap and can fathom how the entire Wu and legends go in the same sentence. The WU besidesMeth and Ghost have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years in hip hop and there is a reason for that. There is a reason jay at 37 or nas at 35 canstill release a record and shut down hip hop because they are really that good. My problem with old rappers isn't their age it's the fact that they areliving off accolades and achievements from a decade ago.
ohwell.gif

Cats like Nas, Jay, Jada, Cam, talib Kweli have somehow remained relevant through the music industry not because of what they once did but because they stillrelease good music.

I'll admit that dudes on the street aint talkin bout buddens because the majority of these dudes haven't heard outside of pump it up/fire... however dudes witnessed Deck on Wu albums in there prime and guarenteed that 3/5 cats would more than likely claim redman as a member of the Wu beforethay name Deck

Originally Posted by debs 168

a list of songs deck destroyed:

cream
triumph
cold world
tres leches
guillotine
assassination day
duel of the iron mic
wu tang clan ain't nuthin to +!*$ wit
the mystery of chess boxin
for heavens sake

and thats just ten off the top.

*bonus*
heaterz

holla at me when buttons comes out with ONE song on a retail album that messes with any of the above.

No alot of people see the name wu tang look back on the last decade of rap and can fathom how the entire Wu and legends go in the same sentence. The WU besides Meth and Ghost have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years in hip hop and there is a reason for that. There is a reason jay at 37 or nas at 35 can still release a record and shut down hip hop because they are really that good. My problem with old rappers isn't their age it's the fact that they are living off accolades and achievements from a decade ago.
ohwell.gif

Cats like Nas, Jay, Jada, Cam, talib Kweli have somehow remained relevant through the music industry not because of what they once did but because they still release good music.

That makes no sense.

1) Jay (turning 40 this December) isn't relevant in 2009 because of his skills, he's relevant because he's the most influential human being in hip-hop, EVER. Jay-Z's lifestyle>>>>>>>>> than his music. And his music is GREAT. I'll put it like this, every african american male celebrity under the age of30 that you would aspire to be like, wants to be like Jay-Z. Word to Lebron.

2) Did you really just put Talib Kweli, Jada and Cam's careers in the same category as Nas'?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

dudes witnessed Deck on Wu albums in there prime and guarenteed that 3/5 cats would more than likely claim redman as a member of the Wu before thay name Deck

laugh.gif
Ok, I'm done with this thread cause you are obviously talking outof you a__.

I didn't say it was right...that's just what it is. That was really just a sidebar to the post. Nothing too much to do with Budden or the Wu, really...though I did mention Budden. Wu doesn't really have the popularity to stop a Joe Budden from eating. They're not in the way. A Rapper like Jay-Z is...and I like Jay but he commands too much attention and he's just not as good anymore. Whatever though...

If you're still making music at 40...cool, but honestly, for my taste, they're not making better music than Joe Budden. And if we're being all the way honest...JOE DIDN'T DISS THESE _'s in the first place. Meth got in his feelings like a girl about that Vibe video. It was real wack on his part.
Joe got his felings hurt like a girl about that vibe list and made a video crying about it.... real wack/girly/sensitive on his part...

Meth did nothing wrong........

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

What barbershop u go to that they be talking about Joe Budden
laugh.gif
, I haven't heard the name Joe Budden uttered outside of the internet until he started flashing his girl on camera. Dude gotta live off recording his wifey to get mentioned.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

because this is the gotdamn truth. I have NEVER EVER EVER heard anyone outside of the net mention Joe Budden when it came to anything.
but for real how many people has Joe Budden had beef with now? and he STILL hasn't popped off yet?? this is just sad.
smh.gif
smh.gif

EDIT
and for the record....

Deck's "I bomb atomically, Socrates, philosophies and hypothesis..." verse off Triumph > anything Budden has ever/will ever put out.
One of the greatest verses in hip hop EVER

The generation gap is apparent.

Look at the way most of us older Wu heads are talking about this subject. We're taking it and actually turning it into something were we are directing youyounger guys into opening your ears to how important Deck was. And helping ya'll understand this legend shouldn't have to stoop so low to beefing withrappers clearly not on their level...now or ever.

And these "Ahh phooey, you Wu fans get off your high horse", he's washed up and never mattered, Ghost/Rae/Gza were better are just the exactstatements I would expect from people who haven't actually heard the man's albums and true history/impact with his group.

Bet ya'll didn't know that on their entire Wu Demo tapes the only one that wasn't off beat was Deck. Everybody else you could hear struggling tostay on beat....Deck though had the flow & lyrics from the start. Peep for yourself.

QFMFT

Deck murked out on this
pimp.gif
QFTx2

i'm a huge WU head. ya'll know that. im very disappointed in many NTers. smh @ some of you even thinkin that Joey comes close

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

The generation gap is apparent.

Look at the way most of us older Wu heads are talking about this subject. We're taking it and actually turning it into something were we are directing you younger guys into opening your ears to how important Deck was. And helping ya'll understand this legend shouldn't have to stoop so low to beefing with rappers clearly not on their level...now or ever.

And these "Ahh phooey, you Wu fans get off your high horse", he's washed up and never mattered, Ghost/Rae/Gza were better are just the exact statements I would expect from people who haven't actually heard the man's albums and true history/impact with his group.

Bet ya'll didn't know that on their entire Wu Demo tapes the only one that wasn't off beat was Deck. Everybody else you could hear struggling to stay on beat....Deck though had the flow & lyrics from the start. Peep for yourself.

QFT

This is almost as shameful as the dudes who were arguing Roc > Wu in terms of influence and music a while back.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by dgk3188

i'm a huge WU head. ya'll know that. im very disappointed in many NTers. smh @ some of you even thinkin that Joey comes close
yo, how did that P.E.A.C.E acronym go again.
thinking of a tat
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom