The Wu going at Joe Budden!!!

Its only in a genre like hip-hop where lames admire younger artists going at legends, do you ever here reggae artists try to shame Bob Marley's name? you ever see U2 try to discredit the Beatles? Ne-Yo sh---ing on Stevie Wonder? Sure you can express an opinion but let it be in a respectful manner, its like me saying i think Pac was overrated as a lyricist, now thats totally different from saying "Yo F 2Pac he was a fake thug that wasn't that nice on the mic"
And that's because...

In general, rappers come from the block. That's how it is. Old _'s gotta move over. Sure you used to hustle hard in 86...but eff you now. Esp. on theEast Coast. On the West they're more on that "OG" $*%@...but these old _'s are still trying to hustle on the block and Joey and other youngercats are telling these guys to roll out. It's a more aggressive genre because of the people in it and where they come from. You're naming U2 and TheBeatles as if they were in competition at some point. Rock bands don't run around saying they're the best rock band of all time...rappers do. It'sbeen a competition from the jump. You can't say the older rappers wouldn't have done the same thing simply because rap is "newer" and this isthe 1st time this problem has really come up.

Thank you for paving the way, but now you're in the way.

Allow me to quote Joe from a few weeks ago:

Got all them years rappin, nothing else happening.
Need a new day to day.
Old heads in the game with no other way to get paid
Tthey gasping...Time out!
Go take a break from the play and grab a Gatorade...

CIDMAN911 wrote:

Alot of you guys really need to go sit ya spoiled butts in a corner and realize that once upon a time a rapper's success didn't measure in Itunes sales or Vitamin water commercials. It was their rhymes that helped us get through the hardships in these grimey *** neighborhoods we were growing up in. No mentions of Maybach's, million dollar chains, or any of that unncessary crap.

All kids like us growing up in crappy neighborhoods needed to hear was that we weren't alone in that lifestyle, and for what it was worth, It helped us cope just a little more with life. The rhymes even instilled most of us to have more atttitude, to not take shhh from no one. I wish all you tight ruby-red pants wearing, dance clubbin kids could run into a group of us early-mid 90's grimey cats.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

I hope this was a general statement and not in regard to Budden because if it was you obviously never listened to his music ..

I think it was more of a general statement so
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Are you joking ?

Killah Priest, Hell Razah, Shabazz, Killa Sin etc would all run trains on Slaughtahouse
If you talking about me, when you say disciples, I thought you were talking about lil _'s.

Like how Jay sent Young Chris, Freeway, Neef at Jaz-O
Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

Dudes taking Joe Budden over any member of the Wu are rookie hip hop fans, plain and simple
Y'all gon sit there and act like U-God isn't huff? And y'all overrating Masta Killa like $#!*.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

Silly rabbits.

Just because they each weren't individually commercially successful. That didn't make any of them less important than the other. Wu was a team effort, They fed and got better because of each other.

Who else since then has done that like them? G-Unit, Cash Money, No Limit...none of these crews lasted or even cared about each other.

IF YOU KNOW RAP...IF YOU REALLY, REALLY THINK YOU KNOW RAP...you would praise all members of the Wu with equal respect.

Alot of you guys really need to go sit ya spoiled butts in a corner and realize that once upon a time a rapper's success didn't measure in Itunes sales or Vitamin water commercials. It was their rhymes that helped us get through the hardships in these grimey *** neighborhoods we were growing up in. No mentions of Maybach's, million dollar chains, or any of that unncessary crap.

All kids like us growing up in crappy neighborhoods needed to hear was that we weren't alone in that lifestyle, and for what it was worth, It helped us cope just a little more with life. The rhymes even instilled most of us to have more atttitude, to not take shhh from no one. I wish all you tight ruby-red pants wearing, dance clubbin kids could run into a group of us early-mid 90's grimey cats.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Don't talk the talk, if you can't walk the walk
Phony brutha'z are outlined in chalk
I'm mad vexed, It's what the projects made me
Rebel to the grain there's no way to barricade me
Code:

Don't give me that B
laugh.gif
I love Wu as much as anybody but really what would those Ns be without RZA...
After Forever and RZA was done wit his 5 year plan the only ones putting out constantly good music was ghost and sometimes GZA and Masta Killah...
All members of that group don't deserve equal respect...I mean only a maniac would give U-God the same respect they would give ghost...

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

Its only in a genre like hip-hop where lames admire younger artists
going at legends, do you ever here reggae
artists try to shame Bob Marley's name? you ever see U2 try to
discredit the Beatles? Ne-Yo sh---ing on Stevie Wonder? Sure you can
express an opinion but
let it be in a respectful manner, its like me saying i think Pac was
overrated as a lyricist, now thats totally different from saying "Yo F
2Pac he was a
fake thug that wasn't that nice on the mic"
And that's because...

In general, rappers come from the block. That's how it is. Old _'s gotta move over. Sure you used to hustle hard in 86...but eff you now. Esp. on the East Coast. On the West they're more on that "OG" *#@%...but these old _'s are still trying to hustle on the block and Joey and other younger cats are telling these guys to roll out. It's a more aggressive genre because of the people in it and where they come from. You're naming U2 and The Beatles as if they were in competition at some point. Rock bands don't run around saying they're the best rock band of all time...rappers do. It's been a competition from the jump. You can't say the older rappers wouldn't have done the same thing simply because rap is "newer" and this is the 1st time this problem has really come up.

Need a new day to day.

There's nothing wrong with rapping when you are old if you still have legions of fanatically dedicated fans all over the globe and are still nice (WU-TANGCLAN). Kool G, Rakim, KRS-One are all 40+ and would ether any new cat into oblivion. There is no rule that says "Ok, you over 35 you have to retire and godo something else" - if the young cats wanna get on they have to do it just how the older cats did... through making good music; not through dissinglegends and other gimmicks.

if anything, saying something like that just shows your own ignorance. Wu-Tang been a positive force for years now, constantly bringing up and helping newcats. There are dozens of good underground rappers that have been helped through a Wu-Tang co-sign or letting them open up the stage. The list of Wu-Tangaffiliates is literally in the hundreds. So let's not act like Wu-Tang is big and evil just stopping "young" dudes from shining. Let's beserious, how old is Budden ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You can't say the older rappers wouldn't have done the same thing simply because rap is "newer" and this is the 1st time this problem hasreally come up.

And the reason this is the 1st time is because these new generation rapper have no respect. You cant really compare it to the streets because in rap no oneperson is stopping your cash flow but yourself and your wack $$$ songs. In the street dudes can just pop each other and thats that. Thats why I laugh at dudescrying bout "why these old rappers dont get out the way wah wah wah" step your game up dont try and use the dude above you as a stepping stone.

I didn't say it was right...that's just what it is. That was really just a sidebar to the post. Nothing too much to do with Budden or the Wu,really...though I did mention Budden. Wu doesn't really have the popularity to stop a Joe Budden from eating. They're not in the way. A Rapper likeJay-Z is...and I like Jay but he commands too much attention and he's just not as good anymore. Whatever though...

If you're still making music at 40...cool, but honestly, for my taste, they're not making better music than Joe Budden. And if we're being all theway honest...JOE DIDN'T DISS THESE _'s in the first place. Meth got in his feelings like a girl about that Vibe video. It was real wack on his part.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

At least Deck was relevant at some point in time...I can't even count the amount of times I've heard his verse on Triumph get mentioned as one of the greatest verses ever.

Joe Budden was never relevant.

Exactly.

Deck's solo discography >>>> Budden's
Deck's legacy >>>>>> Budden's

Deck was dropping heat on all the Wu albums, arguably outshined Pun on his own track (a impressive feat if you know anything about Pun) and held it downeverywhere else.

I didn't say it was right...that's just what it is. That was really just a sidebar to the post. Nothing too much to do with Budden or the Wu, really...though I did mention Budden. Wu doesn't really have the popularity to stop a Joe Budden from eating. They're not in the way. A Rapper like Jay-Z is...and I like Jay but he commands too much attention and he's just not as good anymore. Whatever though...

If you're still making music at 40...cool, but honestly, for my taste, they're not making better music than Joe Budden. And if we're being all the way honest...JOE DIDN'T DISS THESE _'s in the first place. Meth got in his feelings like a girl about that Vibe video. It was real wack on his part.

Truth of the matter is rappers at 40 are washed up...thats why there is this stigma of rapping at a old age...
There's not one rapper thats at that age or close to it thats not ruining their legacy the more they contiune to rap... (exception might be Nas)
The more legendary the career...the more damage they're doing to themselves...
I mean Kris-one put out a album with Marely Marl that no one gave a **** about...
how was? it was decent in this day and age but put it together with their catalog that @%$! is horrible...
The same with G Rap, EPMD, GZA, LL Cool J, etc...

G Rap's last album was solid, and he stay murking every track he's on; word to Chamber Music.

EPMD's album was pretty good. GZA's was top 5 mainstream for 2008.

I'd rather hear any of these "washed up cats" than most rappers who came out after 2000. Only exception is Cool J, who should have stoppedrapping after '98 when Canibus killed him.

Originally Posted by M16

express an opinion but
2Pac he was a
And that's because...

In general, rappers come from the block. That's how it is. Old _'s gotta move over. Sure you used to hustle hard in 86...but eff you now. Esp. on the East Coast. On the West they're more on that "OG" *#@%...but these old _'s are still trying to hustle on the block and Joey and other younger cats are telling these guys to roll out. It's a more aggressive genre because of the people in it and where they come from. You're naming U2 and The Beatles as if they were in competition at some point. Rock bands don't run around saying they're the best rock band of all time...rappers do. It's been a competition from the jump. You can't say the older rappers wouldn't have done the same thing simply because rap is "newer" and this is the 1st time this problem has really come up.

Need a new day to day.

There's nothing wrong with rapping when you are old if you still have legions of fanatically dedicated fans all over the globe and are still nice (WU-TANG CLAN). Kool G, Rakim, KRS-One are all 40+ and would ether any new cat into oblivion. There is no rule that says "Ok, you over 35 you have to retire and go do something else" - if the young cats wanna get on they have to do it just how the older cats did... through making good music; not through dissing legends and other gimmicks.

if anything, saying something like that just shows your own ignorance. Wu-Tang been a positive force for years now, constantly bringing up and helping new cats. There are dozens of good underground rappers that have been helped through a Wu-Tang co-sign or letting them open up the stage. The list of Wu-Tang affiliates is literally in the hundreds. So let's not act like Wu-Tang is big and evil just stopping "young" dudes from shining. Let's be serious, how old is Budden ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was actually well said, Wu brought alot of underground up and coming artists in the game, they ain't try to hog all the shine. And reallyso much old heads wouldn't be in the game if there wasn't a demand for their music, if Q-Tip couldn't sell 30K first week [which is better thanmany new artists] he wouldn't be in the game right, If Jay didn't have the ability to drop a track and it instantly reaches in the Top 5 spot on Itunesim sure he would retire. All these ole heads cats complain about only around because there's still a demand for their music. Nas dropped his first solo in94 and 2008 dude dropped an album and still debut #1 I mean so this ole head argument gotta cease. If these new cats actually put out music that was of valuethere would be no problem, you don't see Lupe complaining about ole heads do you... because he knows he puts out quality music that is appreciated acrossvarious spectrums.

Y'all gon sit there and act like U-God isn't huff? And y'all overrating Masta Killa like $#!*.
Everybody know U-God the weakest link, cats been saying that since Forever no pun
laugh.gif
. Masta is nice, dropped 2 very solid solo albums

I can't $$%@ w/ Masta Killa.

Never have, never will.

And I realize that U-God is the weakest link, yet people make blanket statements that suggest that EVERY memeber of the Wu is better than joe.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I can't $$%@ w/ Masta Killa.

Never have, never will.

And I realize that U-God is the weakest link, yet people make blanket statements that suggest that EVERY memeber of the Wu is better than joe.
QFT

Masta Killa, U-god and Rza verses gets skipped all the time

Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly

M16 wrote:

arguably outshined Pun on his own track
indifferent.gif

I don't get it ? It's definitely arguable that Deck got "Tres Leches". Pun is in my top 3 and I even think Deck got it.

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

At least Deck was relevant at some point in time...I can't even count the amount of times I've heard his verse on Triumph get mentioned as one of the greatest verses ever.

Joe Budden was never relevant.

my sentiments

Originally Posted by M16

There's really no reason for a group of Wu-Tang's caliber to respond to a crew of gimmick rappers (Slaughtahouse/Budden) at all. If it really escalates GZA can easily come through and single handedly lyrically slaughter each member's career individually.

The better way to handle this is to let some less known Disciple(s) come on and run through them on a track. No need for the greatest group of all-time to "diss" a few clowns with some internet buzz.

+1

Hopefully this will be the end of Joe Budden's career as we know it. Not that he even has a career as of now but hoefully we won't see any moreYoutube videos of him ever again......now his chick on the other hand we can always go for more footage of her. All Joe Budden had to do is stay in his laneand not even address Method Man or any other great MC for that matter, but Joey for some reason got gassed up by all of his "so called" internet fansand had to do something stupid like go up against Method Man, what an idiot. We all saw how he backed down to Ransom, now that the Wu has him in their sightsthat clown might not ever visit New York again.

The better way to handle this is to let some less known Disciple(s) come on and run through them on a track. No need for the greatest group of all-time to "diss" a few clowns with some internet buzz.
arguably...

Uncontrolled Substance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Buddens Career.

Even if Deck's legacy came from his group work he still brought HEAT. That verse on TRIUMPH is without a doubt top 5 verse in my eyes. Joe Budden has neverbeen relevant in his career. If you honestly think Budden is better than any wu member in anyway, you don't know hip hop.

Budden is the first rapper in history that got a buzz from his girls booty alone.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by M16

express an opinion but
2Pac he was a
And that's because...

Need a new day to day.

There's nothing wrong with rapping when you are old if you still have legions of fanatically dedicated fans all over the globe and are still nice (WU-TANG CLAN). Kool G, Rakim, KRS-One are all 40+ and would ether any new cat into oblivion. There is no rule that says "Ok, you over 35 you have to retire and go do something else" - if the young cats wanna get on they have to do it just how the older cats did... through making good music; not through dissing legends and other gimmicks.

if anything, saying something like that just shows your own ignorance. Wu-Tang been a positive force for years now, constantly bringing up and helping new cats. There are dozens of good underground rappers that have been helped through a Wu-Tang co-sign or letting them open up the stage. The list of Wu-Tang affiliates is literally in the hundreds. So let's not act like Wu-Tang is big and evil just stopping "young" dudes from shining. Let's be serious, how old is Budden ?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That was actually well said, Wu brought alot of underground up and coming artists in the game, they ain't try to hog all the shine. And really so much old heads wouldn't be in the game if there wasn't a demand for their music, if Q-Tip couldn't sell 30K first week [which is better than many new artists] he wouldn't be in the game right, If Jay didn't have the ability to drop a track and it instantly reaches in the Top 5 spot on Itunes im sure he would retire. All these ole heads cats complain about only around because there's still a demand for their music. Nas dropped his first solo in 94 and 2008 dude dropped an album and still debut #1 I mean so this ole head argument gotta cease. If these new cats actually put out music that was of value there would be no problem, you don't see Lupe complaining about ole heads do you... because he knows he puts out quality music that is appreciated across various spectrums.

Everybody know U-God the weakest link, cats been saying that since Forever no pun
laugh.gif
. Masta is nice, dropped 2 very solid solo albums

ur really only naming the minority
most older rapper think there is still a demand in their music when there isent...
G Rap sold 690 copies of his last album, epmd did about 2,000 copies, GZA did 9 thousand, krs-one like 5 thousand...
Their obviously losing fans wit the !!!+*$@% they putting out...

Back
Top Bottom