This needs to be discussed

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

some dude offered me $175.00 or was it $160.00 for CDP 6's a few weeks ago from off here 
roll.gif

if thats not low balling i dont know what is 
i could see paying less then aftermarket value 

but come on 

also another dude offered me $200.00 for CDP 4's
laugh.gif

they both wanted deadstock shoes

SMFH

How is $200 for cdp 4s lowballing?

some dude offered me $175.00 or was it $160.00 for CDP 6's a few weeks ago from off here 
roll.gif

but come on 

laugh.gif

SMFH

Originally Posted by AEA18

Whats funny is that CDP 3,4, & 11 are considered to have horrible quality but they cost just as much and sometimes more than 1st retros or even same price as OG's. It was easier for me to get the Motorsport 6's DS for a decent price(210 shipped) then any CDP 3-13 DS which makes absolutely no since to me.
noticed that also. although i think people wised up to the whole bred 11's real heads will pay a premium for the 01 rather than drop 200+ the foogaze lookin cdps.. cdp 3's will soon drop in value when the 2011 versions come out.. cdp 4's.. 
eyes.gif
 really comes down to people wanting the same shoe but having a fresher newer version seems a little more practical to wear.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Whats funny is that CDP 3,4, & 11 are considered to have horrible quality but they cost just as much and sometimes more than 1st retros or even same price as OG's. It was easier for me to get the Motorsport 6's DS for a decent price(210 shipped) then any CDP 3-13 DS which makes absolutely no since to me.
noticed that also. although i think people wised up to the whole bred 11's real heads will pay a premium for the 01 rather than drop 200+ the foogaze lookin cdps.. cdp 3's will soon drop in value when the 2011 versions come out.. cdp 4's.. 
eyes.gif
 really comes down to people wanting the same shoe but having a fresher newer version seems a little more practical to wear.

pointless thread to sum it up it went something like this

OP makes thread with long rant complaining of people and the term lowball makes it seem like he's looking for info
NTers try to inform him on the matter
OP gets pissy about people not agreeing with his point of view
NTers try even furthur to explain what they meant
OP blah blah blah complain complain cry
NTers finally realize "oh this mofo doesnt want answers he's just a cheap skate who pretended to want info or discuss when he really just wants people to accept his lowball offers"

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif

OP makes thread with long rant complaining of people and the term lowball makes it seem like he's looking for info
NTers finally realize "oh this mofo doesnt want answers he's just a cheap skate who pretended to want info or discuss when he really just wants people to accept his lowball offers"

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 19MushiMushi88

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif

roll.gif

this was good thanks for that goodnight.

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif

roll.gif

this was good thanks for that goodnight.

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif
Ignorance

-EndThread
can I have my time back
laugh.gif
Ignorance

So this post is getting funnier by the moment, people lets get real. I could understand if we were discussing houses, land, and maybe even cars to a certain extent. We are talking about shoes and yall are talking about "Low Balling" on shoes. A product that you buy and know that it will depreciate over time whether worn or not. The replays in here make me better understand why we see such rediculous prices on resells. Low Balling is a practice that deals with auctions so, with that clear let me understand how in the hell you can explain to me that it's cool to sell a pair of shoes for a 200 or more percent increase and not think that you are not High Balling. I want yall to look that term up and see if it applies to you and your friends in this jacked up community. I see so much talk on Supply and Demand, I wonder if you really and truely understand the concept or just speaking what you heard. Another thing that baffles me is how in the heck does a buyer set the price, when price is always set by the seller. No matter what you think or whom might have told you, a Buyer can not set a price. As sellers we set a price, if the price is over or under or percieved value is on us. If we bait a person into buying a shoe for 600 and then we tell our buddy what we sold it for, of course he is going to set his price and then everyone else will follow suit. So as I said, the seller set the price, not me or you as a buyer. The Buyer sets the market shift, now go ahead and google it so you can come back and say that I am wrong. The Market shift will require us to either raise our prices or lower the price, therefore Supply and Demand is being set for a certain price. If the Market shift is to low for you liking you can go against it and try to re-shift the market by lowering the supply which will up the demand and possibly shift the Market to what you think is a great price or still to low. This is what causes people to go and buy out the store and hold on to supply, in order to drain the demand and make people buy at the price they feel the value is, which sets the Price. People should be upset over these prices and I wish you would think my money aint long, so I can slap you with my wallet lol. holla.

So this post is getting funnier by the moment, people lets get real. I could understand if we were discussing houses, land, and maybe even cars to a certain extent. We are talking about shoes and yall are talking about "Low Balling" on shoes. A product that you buy and know that it will depreciate over time whether worn or not. The replays in here make me better understand why we see such rediculous prices on resells. Low Balling is a practice that deals with auctions so, with that clear let me understand how in the hell you can explain to me that it's cool to sell a pair of shoes for a 200 or more percent increase and not think that you are not High Balling. I want yall to look that term up and see if it applies to you and your friends in this jacked up community. I see so much talk on Supply and Demand, I wonder if you really and truely understand the concept or just speaking what you heard. Another thing that baffles me is how in the heck does a buyer set the price, when price is always set by the seller. No matter what you think or whom might have told you, a Buyer can not set a price. As sellers we set a price, if the price is over or under or percieved value is on us. If we bait a person into buying a shoe for 600 and then we tell our buddy what we sold it for, of course he is going to set his price and then everyone else will follow suit. So as I said, the seller set the price, not me or you as a buyer. The Buyer sets the market shift, now go ahead and google it so you can come back and say that I am wrong. The Market shift will require us to either raise our prices or lower the price, therefore Supply and Demand is being set for a certain price. If the Market shift is to low for you liking you can go against it and try to re-shift the market by lowering the supply which will up the demand and possibly shift the Market to what you think is a great price or still to low. This is what causes people to go and buy out the store and hold on to supply, in order to drain the demand and make people buy at the price they feel the value is, which sets the Price. People should be upset over these prices and I wish you would think my money aint long, so I can slap you with my wallet lol. holla.

In regards to "who sets the prices" We live in a capitalist society , if I want to sell something for an outrageous mark up its my right however it doesn't mean it will sell at that price, I've seen things in the buy and sell forum that swing both ways high prices and great deals, obviously there's no set price . I kind of see your point about people posting things like "no lowballers" when sellers can just ignore or tell the buyer that the price offered isn't close , but chances are if your in this hobby you already have a good feel for what is reasonable.
I also think the Buick example given a few pages back was a good one, people who collect and have money will pay top dollar to have what they want

In regards to "who sets the prices" We live in a capitalist society , if I want to sell something for an outrageous mark up its my right however it doesn't mean it will sell at that price, I've seen things in the buy and sell forum that swing both ways high prices and great deals, obviously there's no set price . I kind of see your point about people posting things like "no lowballers" when sellers can just ignore or tell the buyer that the price offered isn't close , but chances are if your in this hobby you already have a good feel for what is reasonable.
I also think the Buick example given a few pages back was a good one, people who collect and have money will pay top dollar to have what they want

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by adtheone

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

Originally Posted by adtheone

I am really frustrated at the term LOWBALL, I am always reading where people are saying do not lowball me, lowball offers will be ignored etc… What I don’t understand is if you are offered more than what you paid for an item how can it be lowballing? Remember there is only one purchase that you can ever make in life that you can hope to gain substantial revenue on and that is property i.e. land and houses. Wait, maybe it could be you don’t want less than the market value of a shoe, I can understand that if you can explain to me what the market value is and how it is configured. A lot of times people look at ebay and the marketplace on the sneaker forums like %***##$$$$#@@ and Niketalk and see what the prices are and say that’s the market value. Truth is a lot of times the buy now price is never met and you see the same posting month after month. That is not the market value.

The biggest thing that bugs me is how you can ask for above retail on a shoe that has been worn and call it vvvnds, this is a myth that really needs to stop. There are only two categories when it comes to anything and they are new and used. Who in the hell came up with all these sub categories? Well I know some people may say that, “I would be stupid for selling for less than what others are selling their stuff for

Here's my take.

It's just a term people like to throw around to sound like their shoes are important.  I offered a well-known member a whole $10 less than his asking price and he calls me names and used the term "lowballer"  multiple times in his response.  Then he tells me to pay him his asking price right now and send as a gift, yeah right.
laugh.gif

Here's my take.

It's just a term people like to throw around to sound like their shoes are important.  I offered a well-known member a whole $10 less than his asking price and he calls me names and used the term "lowballer"  multiple times in his response.  Then he tells me to pay him his asking price right now and send as a gift, yeah right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dtb00201

roll.gif

but come on 

laugh.gif

SMFH

basically what I was wondering. Whoever offered that much for those iv's are balling imo. I couldn't even see paying retail for that pack when they released. Now since it's not many pairs left for sale and the average price on retros these days on ebay are in $200 range.....guess a lot of buyers don't mind taking one in the rear

roll.gif

but come on 

laugh.gif

SMFH

basically what I was wondering. Whoever offered that much for those iv's are balling imo. I couldn't even see paying retail for that pack when they released. Now since it's not many pairs left for sale and the average price on retros these days on ebay are in $200 range.....guess a lot of buyers don't mind taking one in the rear

Originally Posted by air max 87

you sound upset
laugh.gif

stuff is only worth what people willing to pay, south beachs retailed for $160, now they are "valued" 800+

would i pay that? nope, i didnt want to pay the OG retail and passed because i couldnt get a discount.

someone would gladly pay 800+

it comes down to what you think its worth, shoot the offer even if its a "lowball" people these days think they can get rich off sneakers, it doesnt work that way.
Haha
roll.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

you sound upset
laugh.gif

stuff is only worth what people willing to pay, south beachs retailed for $160, now they are "valued" 800+

would i pay that? nope, i didnt want to pay the OG retail and passed because i couldnt get a discount.

someone would gladly pay 800+

it comes down to what you think its worth, shoot the offer even if its a "lowball" people these days think they can get rich off sneakers, it doesnt work that way.
Haha
roll.gif

roll.gif

but come on 

laugh.gif

SMFH

because the resell is going for $350.00 and above the cheapest i saw a pair for was $275.00 and thats within the past year
low balling is offering $200.00 for a $400.00 item or you dont understand low balling 

i had a chance in 2009 to get packs for $160.00 and the 4's alone for $155.00 but passed like a fool 
indifferent.gif

i just looked on ebay  and the cheapest  i saw a pair for was $359.99 

not counting a used pair with 4 days left 

Back
Top Bottom