Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

You know him personally bro?

Most people had kids at a younger age back in the day. If he's 40 his dad would have been 25 at the time. I'd think at the least he's 35.

It really is amazing how you and every other high post count member on this site think your words are made of gold. Most of you are a bunch of part-time mall employees that barely played a competitive game in your lives outside of rec league but claim to know about the game more than everybody else.

Bunch of online Skip and Steven A's

Yo how old are you? You keep talking about the younger generation and how it's so acceptable nowadays an it all sounds made up. Maybe douchebags say around their white friends but it's not acceptable in any generation. White people say that word around you? Are you black?

I'm so confused because you sound so confident but you're talking straight nonsense. Like all white people that want to use the word. Is that the category you fall under?

So saying you're my nikka or that's my nikka (persons name) is considered racist ? I hear at all the time and thought it was endearing and used the same as homeboy, dude...etc. No ban. I want to know if that's the racist word in question.

We are talking about ER.

Just saw that Warren Sapp said Incognito called him a N' a few years back....

Since he's an honorary black guy, I'm not sure why Sapp isn't letting it slide...

are you shocked that black people sometimes "let" a white guy get away with saying N___ this N___ that?

that's pretty damn normal in nyc. at least when i was going to school. everybody said that stuff. unless you couldn't get away with it. but that was rare from what I saw. I think it's a regional thing. Probably a personal thing at the end of the day

Last edited:
So saying you're my nikka or that's my nikka (persons name) is considered racist ? I hear at all the time and thought it was endearing and used the same as homeboy, dude...etc. No ban. I want to know if that's the racist word in question.

u ever hear friends call each half an N?

Yo how old are you? You keep talking about the younger generation and how it's so acceptable nowadays an it all sounds made up. Maybe douchebags say around their white friends but it's not acceptable in any generation. White people say that word around you? Are you black?

I'm so confused because you sound so confident but you're talking straight nonsense. Like all white people that want to use the word. Is that the category you fall under?

Who do you work for? What was the highest competitive basketball league you have played in?

The line is opaque between locker room and professional etiquette.

It's possibities that martins playing the boy who cried wolf role as well. Possibilities can go both ways.

The more that's coming out, the more people are coming to incognitos defense. Riley cooper was deservedly crucified this summer yet teammates of all races are defending incognito knowing that that can be a bad look for them.

The more that comes out so far has looked good for incognito and bad for Martin. No NFL lockerroom is going to want what they would view as a potential problem in him.affecting team chemistry.

I really don't think any of this looks good for Richie, just perhaps not as bad as originally thought.

Not many people with a football background is taking up for Martin....just a bunch of fans who watch games with a finger up their *** is

Maybe looking good is a reach. He's a dirty player. That's not disputed here but pretty much everyone has vouched for him as a good teammate and good guy to have on the team.

Crazy though. In the minds of most NFL players they rather deal with a bully then a snitch.

Martin hasn't said anything either, anyone think he might be setting up a lawsuit?

I wouldn't put it past him to take it that route considering how poorly he's already handled it. He'll most likely get blackballed from the league due to his own exaggerations so I can see a lawsuit as payback for him.

Maybe looking good is a reach. He's a dirty player. That's not disputed here but pretty much everyone has vouched for him as a good teammate and good guy to have on the team.

Crazy though. In the minds of most NFL players they rather deal with a bully then a snitch.

that's most people in general

Not many people with a football background is taking up for Martin....just a bunch of fans who watch games with a finger up their *** is

Inappropriate and unnecessary. Make your point in a better way

Last edited:
Martin didn't really have a good out. If he goes off and beats the hell out of Incognito then hes labeled a degenerate and a thug. He does this and he is ripped for not being a man. He's got a Stanford degree, he doesn't need the NFL

Martin didn't really have a good out. If he goes off and beats the hell out of Incognito then hes labeled a degenerate and a thug. He does this and he is ripped for not being a man. He's got a Stanford degree, he doesn't need the NFL

Not necessarily. Andre Johnson who to my knowledge is a solid citizen put a beat down on cortland finnegan a few seasons back and the general reaction was good job on Andres part finnegan has been seen as a headcase and had it coming. Hell some people were praising Andre Johnson for putting the hands on him.

Not necessarily. Andre Johnson who to my knowledge is a solid citizen put a beat down on cortland finnegan a few seasons back and the general reaction was good job on Andres part finnegan has been seen as a headcase and had it coming. Hell some people were praising Andre Johnson for putting the hands on him.

True, but Martin shouldn't essentially be forced to fight Richie. Is it an option that probably would've been viewed as 'ok'? Yeah, but it doesn't have to be his only option nor should be. He can deal with Richie being inappropriate in whatever manner he wants since Rich was the one acting in the wrong

Martin hasn't said anything either, anyone think he might be setting up a lawsuit?

I figured as much considering his family background (both parents are lawyers).

Bottom line is that people spent 16 pages saying "but he is a racist bully" while his teammates say they were like best friends, incognito fought and stuck up for the dude, they planned to go to heat games together and have pictures snapped together out on the town or on the team plane, laugh about the voicemail in the locker room, etc. Yet people close their eyes.

Oh no they made a dude spend 0.2% of his income on a rookie dinner and were tough in the locker room. If that is what constitutes bullying, then they better investigate every single team.

While I agree to a point, they didn't share the same locker room and the position martin/richie both play you're in constant contact with that person

He has the right to deal with it however he sees fit but at the same time there potentially may be negative reprecussions from how he handles it.

Its so much speculation and conflicting stories but if he was really laughing at the voicemail, participating in hazing pranks on rookies and what have you then he's going to portrayed in a negative manner and in the eyes of most NFL players and coaches he'll be viewed as a hypocrite and the guy who broke the unwritten locker room code of conduct. If he's content with that then he's feel free to handle things the way he did but most of his peers aren't going to receive him well and view him as a hypocrite.

Bottom line is that people spent 16 pages saying "but he is a racist bully" while his teammates say they were like best friends, incognito fought and stuck up for the dude, they planned to go to heat games together and have pictures snapped together out on the town or on the team plane, laugh about the voicemail in the locker room, etc. Yet people close their eyes.

Oh no they made a dude spend 0.2% of his income on a rookie dinner and were tough in the locker room. If that is what constitutes bullying, then they better investigate every single team.

So you think Martin is jeopardizing his NFL career to lie about the harassment and file a suit that will probably go nowhere? I'm confused....

u ever hear friends call each half an N?
He may have worded it wrong but how bad is it to call someone a uncle tom? Srs, because thats what hes basically saying to martin

Your gonna be labled a thug for standing up for yourself and having a reason to do so lol dudes just assume things

I felt the racial aspect was over blown from the beginning

While I agree to a point, they didn't share the same locker room and the position martin/richie both play you're in constant contact with that person

True but teammates fight as well. Most the time we don't know about it because they keep it in house. I read a book by some dude. Tim green who played on the falcons in the late 80's and early 90's. he made mention to teammates fighting over gambling, a player in the league smashing another teammates wife and the other teammate found out, and players fighting over petty stuff. In the eyes of most NFL players their seeig Jonathan Martin as breaking one of their biggest unwritten rules in not keeping this stuff in house.

Back
Top Bottom