Tipping Male Bartenders.....Yay or Na?

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

I must amend one of my earlier comments.

When I tip at a CLUB, I'm not going to expect to get anything more than, possibly, faster service on the next go-around. And even that is well worth it.

But at BARS, and especially dive bars, good tips WILL usually let the help recognize that you appreciate their work, and they will take care of you for it.
this
pimp.gif

I usually tip $1 for my drinks, and like $2 if they give me some extra Hennessey in my French Connection. But for real it aint no point in tipping real big ifyou don't plan on getting more than 1 or 2 drinks. I always drink before I get in the club, and then get something to drink from somebody who has a table. Bammas be extra generous at the tables when they are wasted. Thanks for the "Goose" Playa!

However,

If bammas are not going to tip, just do it properly. The clubs that I go to they have multiple bars and multiple bartenders. If you get one drink from onebartender and you dont tip him/her, go to another bartender. As simple as that. You won't have diminished service or anything, because you are first timecustomer every time you get a drink.
Or,

You can open a tab and stunt like you are going to drop a big tip. The bartender would then try to hook you up with bangin drinks. When the bill comes at theend of the night,
1) sober up,
2) turn your ninja mode on real quick,
3) get the receipt,
4) sign it real quick and leave a dollar or less in tip portion,
5) leave the receipt on the bar, don't wait for the bartender to pick up the receipt
6) Vanish with the quickness.

If this is performed in 8-11 seconds, your mission will be complete.

--You tip..big or small they will remember you and hook you up the rest of the night.
--Things like acknowledging your at the bar for another round faster, makin your drinks a little stronger..even free soda towards the end of the night whenyour tryin to sober up a little.

Originally Posted by ICUP

I usually tip $1 for my drinks, and like $2 if they give me some extra Hennessey in my French Connection. But for real it aint no point in tipping real big if you don't plan on getting more than 1 or 2 drinks. I always drink before I get in the club, and then get something to drink from somebody who has a table. Bammas be extra generous at the tables when they are wasted. Thanks for the "Goose" Playa!

However,

If bammas are not going to tip, just do it properly. The clubs that I go to they have multiple bars and multiple bartenders. If you get one drink from one bartender and you dont tip him/her, go to another bartender. As simple as that. You won't have diminished service or anything, because you are first time customer every time you get a drink.
Or,

You can open a tab and stunt like you are going to drop a big tip. The bartender would then try to hook you up with bangin drinks. When the bill comes at the end of the night,
1) sober up,
2) turn your ninja mode on real quick,
3) get the receipt,
4) sign it real quick and leave a dollar or less in tip portion,
5) leave the receipt on the bar, don't wait for the bartender to pick up the receipt
6) Vanish with the quickness.

If this is performed in 8-11 seconds, your mission will be complete.

yall realize bartenders dont make wages right? thats some !%#$#* up ##$% to do ...

Exactly the kind of cheap douche that I was talking about.

Dude tryin' to look like he's got money while drinkin' cognac or runnin' up a big tab, but ends up shafting the bartender at the end of thenight.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

I dont see why tips should even be given for certain jobs.

Why the hell should i give u extra money for doing something you were hired to do. I never understood that. I understand waiters/waitresses getting tips because they actually have to work though

EDIT: since people get butt-hurt so easily on NT dont take my comment seriously

Answer is really simple, people who work for tips don't get much of a paycheck. Their employers are legally allowed to pay them way under minimum wagebecause they are allowed to count tips as part of the wage. Servers (waiters and waitresses and bartenders) get paid somewhere around $2 or $3 an hour, theydepend on tips to make a living. Which is why people who don't leave tips are d-bags.

I dont tip on beer, I dont see a need for it. But when it comes to mixed drink i just leave a dollar, but if its really good and strong i MIGHT leave $2.Regardless of gender.

Originally Posted by EB4President

I dont tip on beer, I dont see a need for it. But when it comes to mixed drink i just leave a dollar, but if its really good and strong i MIGHT leave $2. Regardless of gender.

The point in tipping for a beer is the fact the the bartender still only makes $3 an hour, whether he served you a beer or a long island iced tea...

how can some of you be so cheap as to not tip someone who probably depends on tips to make ends meet? just stay home.

Originally Posted by ikari XD

how can some of you be so cheap as to not tip someone who probably depends on tips to make ends meet? just stay home.
it seems like most bartenders are actually caking, so
grin.gif

laugh.gif
mannn OP its dudes like u that be mad about the "diluted" drinks...

as a bartender nuthing irritates me more... like sumone else said if u aint tryna spend money stay ya @@$ at home... and jus a word for the wise when we seeppl like u... after specials r over n u dunno the prices of drinks... we overcharge to compensate for ur lack of tipping... and dont order a shot or anythingwith special glassware b/c its not getting cleaned before i pour ur drink in it hahah word to the infamous "jersey turnpike"
roll.gif

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

laugh.gif

as a bartender nuthing irritates me more... like sumone else said if u aint tryna spend money stay ya @@$ at home... and jus a word for the wise when we see ppl like u... after specials r over n u dunno the prices of drinks... we overcharge to compensate for ur lack of tipping... and dont order a shot or anything with special glassware b/c its not getting cleaned before i pour ur drink in it hahah word to the infamous "jersey turnpike"
roll.gif
smh.gif

If bammas are not going to tip, just do it properly. The clubs that I go to they have multiple bars and multiple bartenders. If you get one drink from one bartender and you dont tip him/her, go to another bartender. As simple as that. You won't have diminished service or anything, because you are first time customer every time you get a drink.
that doesn't work when there's one bar only.
dudes talk to each other

I know someone that got froze out of getting a drink b/c he didn't tip.

Originally Posted by StephonUrkel

laugh.gif

as a bartender nuthing irritates me more... like sumone else said if u aint tryna spend money stay ya @@$ at home... and jus a word for the wise when we see ppl like u... after specials r over n u dunno the prices of drinks... we overcharge to compensate for ur lack of tipping... and dont order a shot or anything with special glassware b/c its not getting cleaned before i pour ur drink in it hahah word to the infamous "jersey turnpike"
roll.gif
Way to get back at them! My friend calls that DWB

I hate tipping. I have that guilty conscious, but would really rather not give em anything. but I do..

You guys that don't tip need to seriously stay the +@%% home. Are you that broke? Don't go out then. Are you really trippin on a few bucks? Make moremoney. Are just just an %$%*$#!? Well, what goes around..comes around.

smh.gif

I can't believe people are so cheap. You are buying spirits. Show some #%%#%+% spirit back! Jeez.

Back
Top Bottom