Tipping Male Bartenders.....Yay or Na?

I hate cheap people! I hate serving them and I hate hanging out with them!

I work as a server/cocktail waiter and when someone doesn't tip me best believe I'ma attend everyone else before them. When someone tips good, I'llpass half of that to the bartender and tell her to make it good. If not then you'll get the standard 1 oz shot of house liquor instead of a nice upgradelike goose or Smirnoff.

Tipping is an investment. The first time I attend any bar I over tip and talk to the bartender cool to make sure he/she remembers me. After that it's awrap, hooked up drinks and preferential treatment.

I bet these cheap $!#@* wonder why they get bad service lol. Just stay home and make your own drinks if you don't wana waste money. Yal proly not smashineither.

I'm out...gona go to the bar and catch the cavs game with some free beers
pimp.gif

LOSERS! ahahahahh

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i tip well and get treated well. especially since i'm not of age yet, i tip well so i make friends so i can go back to that place without them questioning me. also they hook you up. once my friends and i went to some bar after work and then ended up getting a lesson on how to make beer, free philly cheese steaks, and hooked up beer.

it works out for you in the end
you're a girl....
eyes.gif
so? i'm in the service industry, i know how it goes. i have to tip, because well, that's how i make my money so how am i going to bestingy and not want to give someone a few dollars of mine that came from somebody else?

people who don't tip usually don't go out very much, it's simple as that. and when they do go out, they obviously don't know how to have a goodtime. like bastitch said, rookie @+*$.

I would say look at it like this they are people just like you. The average person is going to remember you because you will be one of the few that didn'ttip and you will get special treatment, and not in a good way. Most likely you will be ignored and your drinks will be weak. It goes both ways if you tipbetter than most you will be treated better than most. If you think you are going to end up back at the same spot you should not even be asking this question.I once was a delivery driver and I never forgot the houses that didn't tip. If I had a situation where I would have to make a choice of who gets foodfirst, you know I'm taking my sweet time to deliver the one that ain't tipping. It's only a dollar or two that is expected if you can't do thatdon't bother and not only because of the other person, but because you will in some way get worse service than you would have before. The only time I maynot tip, which would definitely be a rare occasion, would be if I was somewhere I wouldn't go back to anytime soon and I was super tight on cash.

Originally Posted by socluis90

I hate cheap people! I hate serving them and I hate hanging out with them!

I work as a server/cocktail waiter and when someone doesn't tip me best believe I'ma attend everyone else before them. When someone tips good, I'll pass half of that to the bartender and tell her to make it good. If not then you'll get the standard 1 oz shot of house liquor instead of a nice upgrade like goose or Smirnoff.

Tipping is an investment. The first time I attend any bar I over tip and talk to the bartender cool to make sure he/she remembers me. After that it's a wrap, hooked up drinks and preferential treatment.

I bet these cheap $!#@* wonder why they get bad service lol. Just stay home and make your own drinks if you don't wana waste money. Yal proly not smashin either.

I'm out...gona go to the bar and catch the cavs game with some free beers
pimp.gif

LOSERS! ahahahahh

basically

Originally Posted by JJUVE

The tipping business is a sham. If you're getting payed less then minimun wage, then you're getting screwed.

I dont think i'm getting screwed. i show up to the bar at 6:00 after leaving my day job, work for 7 or 8 hours, in a bar with a great atmosphere filled with girls, and leave with $250-$300 cash money in my hand...and i get drunk for free. all because my customers are nice enough to drop me $1 or so when i get them a drink... appreciated.
+1

while it may or may not be a sham, we are not getting screwed in any way. i can work 8 hours with people i like, end up getting 200-300 dollars in tips, freefood, and i have a few free drinks after the shift...... then can go out afterwards because i get out at like 1... serving is the @*%* . don't be madsnoopie.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Just like most things.... if you want good service, you tip well.
But what about the !!++*+ bartenders that don't know how to make drinks that still expect a good tip? Your reputation precedes you in thissituation as well. If you suck, don't expect to get a tip. Goes for waitresses/waiters as well. If you can't give me simple things like water andutensils, don't expect a good tip.

what if you just get a bottled beer, should you tip $1-2?

Those don't count from my experience and shouldn't count as being tip worthy.

at if you just get a bottled beer, should you tip $1-2?
If youre just getting one, then maybe $1, but if you end up buying a few by the end of the night just tip well for the last one.

But what about the !!++*+ bartenders that don't know how to make drinks that still expect a good tip? Your reputation precedes you in this situation as well. If you suck, don't expect to get a tip. Goes for waitresses/waiters as well. If you can't give me simple things like water and utensils, don't expect a good tip.

Well yeah, Im going on the assumption that the bartender knows what theyre doing. Its pretty hard to mess up the majority of the drinks.

I always tip when I go out to bars or clubs, but when I tip I don't expect them to hook me up with anything

but if you go to a bar some what often I would suggest tipping because they will definitely hook you up

but if you really are trying to be cheap with tipping I suggest buying drinks on a card so that you don't have to tip them after every drink you get

you can tip them how ever much you want when you close out

Its just good etiquette.

Drop 3 for a simple drink. If the drink is well poured drop a 5. If you want to get good drinks all night drop a 20.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

not one bit, I probably pay more than most americans do at a bar. $3-5 a beer.

laugh.gif
you consider THAT amount more than most?
Honestly
roll.gif

Im camped out on a stool if i see $3 domestics
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

4.50-5 is average

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by JJUVE

The tipping business is a sham. If you're getting payed less then minimun wage, then you're getting screwed.

I dont think i'm getting screwed. i show up to the bar at 6:00 after leaving my day job, work for 7 or 8 hours, in a bar with a great atmosphere filled with girls, and leave with $250-$300 cash money in my hand...and i get drunk for free. all because my customers are nice enough to drop me $1 or so when i get them a drink... appreciated.
+1

while it may or may not be a sham, we are not getting screwed in any way. i can work 8 hours with people i like, end up getting 200-300 dollars in tips, free food, and i have a few free drinks after the shift...... then can go out afterwards because i get out at like 1... serving is the @*%* . don't be mad snoopie.
im not mad at all. but old dude was talkin about being shady and not properly serving people their drinks because they dont tip
eyes.gif

if someone wants special service, fine through a few tips. But im fine with regular service, so I dont see the need to tip just to get REGULAR service. I gottapay extra just to make sure you do you job?
censoredua3.gif
outta here. If you bringin in200-300 a night, just give me my regular service and keep it movin'.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by Durden7

Just like most things.... if you want good service, you tip well.
But what about the !!++*+ bartenders that don't know how to make drinks that still expect a good tip? Your reputation precedes you in this situation as well. If you suck, don't expect to get a tip. Goes for waitresses/waiters as well. If you can't give me simple things like water and utensils, don't expect a good tip.

what if you just get a bottled beer, should you tip $1-2?
Those don't count from my experience and shouldn't count as being tip worthy.

i disagreed with you in that foamposite thread but what you said here was 100% correct.

I just tip everybody now. I've learned the error of my ways. If you hold the door open for me because I'm only a few steps behind you, I'll hit youwith a couple bucks. Apparently it's the only way to get people to do their duties.

not one bit, I probably pay more than most americans do at a bar. $3-5 a beer.
LOL! I see $3 beers at a bar and I'm buying rounds for the squad just to celebrate finding such a deal.

Back
Top Bottom