Tipping Male Bartenders.....Yay or Na?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I just tip everybody now. I've learned the error of my ways. If you hold the door open for me because I'm only a few steps behind you, I'll hit you with a couple bucks. Apparently it's the only way to get people to do their duties.

laugh.gif
i remember you would go in on some of the past why do we tip threads

really though in my book good service gets good tips, when i get good service i make sure your well taken care of.

however if you have an attitude like your entitled to a tip and offer me lackluster service then your tip is going to be me writing down what you did wrongin serving me so that you offer better service next time and possibly get rewarded for it.

and for the record my definition on lackluster service is when you half +%# it and just not put the proper effort in. if the place is extremely busy i canunderstand and ill still take care of you but if the place is half full and you rather goof around then service me, then i'm not going to reward you, orif anything if the foods good ill walk in the back to the kitchen and tip the cook.

in past situations when ive gotten both great food and great service, ive made sure the cook got tipped as well.

laugh.gif
i only been to bars in my college town, so most decent beers werearound $2-4, or you have the $1 plastic cups
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Uh. Yeah.

Male of Female, they hookin' your drinks up for the rest of the night. Unless you tryin' to go home sober, you tip.

i refuse to give dude anyone money for handing me a beer.
This.

But as far as tipping in general,

You really need to take care of your regular bartenders, because it will always pay itself back in the form of free drinks, preferential treatment, and other perks along the way.
This.

/thread

i used a friend's id and bought 8 shots for everyone and tipped the male bartender about 20 bucks. Later that night he would ignore everyone else and justwave me over to him whenever i needed more drinks.

All the dudes in here saying that they don't tip, or saying "Do your job", or saying that the bartenders have to "earn" a tip are theones waiting forever for service, not getting stiff drinks, and thinking that they can holler at the hired gun.

And you don't have to be extravagant or excessive with your tips, either.

Take care of them, they take care of you. It's that simple.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

I just tip everybody now. I've learned the error of my ways. If you hold the door open for me because I'm only a few steps behind you, I'll hit you with a couple bucks. Apparently it's the only way to get people to do their duties.

laugh.gif
i remember you would go in on some of the past why do we tip threads

really though in my book good service gets good tips, when i get good service i make sure your well taken care of.

however if you have an attitude like your entitled to a tip and offer me lackluster service then your tip is going to be me writing down what you did wrong in serving me so that you offer better service next time and possibly get rewarded for it.

and for the record my definition on lackluster service is when you half +%# it and just not put the proper effort in. if the place is extremely busy i can understand and ill still take care of you but if the place is half full and you rather goof around then service me, then i'm not going to reward you, or if anything if the foods good ill walk in the back to the kitchen and tip the cook.

in past situations when ive gotten both great food and great service, ive made sure the cook got tipped as well.
I've been pushing hard to get my job into that subjective list, based on no consistent criteria, of jobs where you give people extra for doingwhat they're supposed to do. But no dice so far, maybe I'll start a website or something.

tippin is a must, no matter what sex the person serving your drinks is. trust me, you tip them well, you'll get hooked up real well.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Drink before you go. Overpriced and diluted drinks FTL.
never works...hammered and I still end up going to the bar
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
same here.

its hit or miss with predrinking for me. either i underdrink and i'm heading straight to the bar when i get in or i overdrink way too much beforegetting in and im a belligerent mess once i get in.

predrinking when done perfectly can be a perfect cost effective strategy though.

I must amend one of my earlier comments.

When I tip at a CLUB, I'm not going to expect to get anything more than, possibly, faster service on the next go-around. And even that is well worth it.

But at BARS, and especially dive bars, good tips WILL usually let the help recognize that you appreciate their work, and they will take care of you for it.

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Drink before you go. Overpriced and diluted drinks FTL.
never works...hammered and I still end up going to the bar
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
same here.
He's saying before you go to the bar. Get drunk then just order 1-2 drinks for show haha

Originally Posted by sn00pee

laugh.gif
i only been to bars in my college town, so most decent beers were around $2-4, or you have the $1 plastic cups
pimp.gif
If that's the range of your experience, then you really shouldn't be trying to learn folk, now should you?

Man, you mixed drink folks that don't tip need to buy a bottle and stay home. I can't speak for beer drinkers.

Talbert

Always tip and you should tip good (unless the bartender can't make drinks). Once you find a regular spot and a bartender you like they will take care ofyou time and time again when you tip well. At my peek I coul easily spend $100-$200 a night on drinks when I went out. But I made sure to always tip well andafter that the bartender would take care of us, charging sometimes only about half of what my real bill should have been.

For the sake of NT I went out last night with the intentions of tipping a male bartender.(pause) To my surprise all the bartenders were females, whom Igraciously tipped except for 1.
Shawty had me waiting for like 8 minutes servicing others that walked up after me and everything. I damn near snatch her +++ over the counter after she finallymade my drink and handed me my change. And for everybody mentioning tipping your regular bar tenders, we rarely go back to the same bar/ club/ lounge and bythe time we do decide to go back, new bartenders are in rotation.

laugh.gif
This thread is comedy

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Why the hell should i give u extra money for doing something you were hired to do. I never understood that. I understand waiters/waitresses getting tips because they actually have to work though
Because they are some of the hardest working people in America, b.

They can't help it if the club/bar owner wants to keep his operating costs low by shifting the burden of paying his bartenders to you the customer. Withouttips these guys can't eat! Now can your conscience handle that?!

Oh, the irony of NT.

E'ryone loves their Gucci and their Polo and their Yeezys, yet some %$!#$$!%%@@!@ are too cheap to drop an extra buck fiddy on a drink.

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Oh, the irony of NT.

E'ryone loves their Gucci and their Polo and their Yeezys, yet some %$!#$$!%%@@!@ are too cheap to drop an extra buck fiddy on a drink.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom