***Transformers 2:Revenge Of The Fallen***

Originally Posted by CP1708

Little more emphasis on slightly, cost me almost 60 bucks for myself, wife and daughter.
eek.gif
smh.gif
damn CP, how did your tickets come out to almost 20 dollars a person?

^ Imax probably. If its a regular theater then what a ripoff, unless that $60 also includes a popcorn and hotdog then I could understand.

SAW it again for the 3rd time.. yes I am paying to watch it, and I paid for my twins on two eveningsso well over 50 dollars just in tickets, I have no problem with that because its what I and my shorties love to do. The movie is really good and run time DIDseem a lil longer than just 6 minutes and thats maybe because of the dessert fight scene which I think they coulda shortened up a tad or made it a bit moreinteresting and just have auto bots and decepticons go head to head for a few.. but damm movie didnt let me down one bit.. and MEGAN.. ohhhhh MEGAN
pimp.gif

Yea, he was true to the movie in some aspects, but without the Dinobots, i really can't say it was faithful. Or maybe i was bitter that they introducedsix new Autobots and only one was ffrom the Original Series. I think i truly hated the twins, and Optimus Prime was always a G, i guess you guys forgot hekilled like three Decipticons in the first movie.

Angel

1? ummm Soundwave? Ravage? Sideswipe? Jetfire?.....The construticons? im forgetting some too, all the ones I named where from G1 season1........The dinobotsand ultra magnus I bet show up in part 3 along with the Insecticons

The only thing I don't get.

how the remote controlled truck knew all that stuff about the old Transformers...if it was just created by the allspark sliver after Sam dropped it.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

six new Autobots and only one was ffrom the Original Series.
Angel
Sideswipe, Skids, Wheelie, Jetfire (Skyfire) & Arcee are all from G1.

Along with the others I named.............And I thinkyou may have found the only flaw Dirty, crap, didnt even think of that unless the "all spark" isall knowing or something

Damn, i forgot Arcee and Side Swipe...my bad, i stand corrected.

edit- I think the all spark implants information into people/things. Same reason Sam began to see all the weird symbols. My guess of course.

Angel

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

how the remote controlled truck knew all that stuff about the old Transformers...if it was just created by the allspark sliver after Sam dropped it.
I don't remember the monster truck being created by that all spark. He did just sort of pop up out of nowhere though.

Originally Posted by AirVandal180

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I don't remember the monster truck being created by that all spark. He did just sort of pop up out of nowhere though.

now that I think about it your right? no?.......And see I know by your reply Blaze21 you watched the og jetfire aka. skyfire is the same only people whowatched the cartoon would know that

just saw it. i liked it.

i thought it flowed nicely. i loved the runtime. dont see how i be reading that it had no plot. i understood the plot just fine
laugh.gif

It was good. Nothing amazing though and def not as good as the first one.
A lot of complaints.

-Too much action
-Too much CGI
-Numerous corny scenes
-The screenplay was pretty damn bad

One things for sure, Meagan Fox is drop dead gorgeous. My goodness.

I think the people who critique this movie have some good points...

Obviously we've seen this plot before...so we can't be led to think this is new...we aren't that easily fooled.

I think the movie length seemed long to those who were dreading the movie at that point...if they liked it, then it wouldn't have been too long. Itwasn't a literal statement.

But there were way too many fillers that didn't advance the plot...in that You tube critique they mentioned that every dialogue resulted in a punch line. Iagree, it also lead to one liners which means that the writing (plot) was left secondary. They also mentioned they probably wrote it as they went along. I haveto agree with this. There are many, many....many more flaws in plot I can speak of. I do give a lot of respect to the C.G.I department for this and that isall. But I think Michael Bay and his production team of writers ruined a title that had potential.

Maybe in the 80's if this movie came out it would have been the s**t....... But in today's A.D.D society, I think we're not that naive about plotslike this. We can recognize BS coming a mile away. We've became a little more sophisticated. Simple movies win and so do complicated ones....but there is adifference between good taste in scenes and bad tastes. When I say taste I mean what is the best direction this scene/visual/plot/ should be handled.

I think we should expect a lot from a movie costing this much to produce and costing that much to see. Also a movie that already had a popular and wide fanbase even before the 1st one came out. I know you cannot please everyone but at least bring the votes of approval to a standard (read the pages of this threadto determine the approval rating....seems on the negative side).

Some people mentioned to take it for what it's worth but I think we can't because there are tons of great action movies out there that had incredibleplots that exceeds Transformers 2. If we take it for what it's worth then the next one will be at the same caliber. Sure it made 201 Million in the boxoffice but I would like to see, out of those ticket sales how many people left satisfied. I know it's about money and Hollywood doesn't care aboutsatisfactory ratings (street fighter, Fantastic Four, 1st Incredible Hulk). If we continue having movies like this slide then that's what we are going tohave to keep getting....bad movie production. As a kid from the 80's/ fan, I'm upset that I let myself go "PAY" to see a movie like this.

Remember I'm talking about quality here not dollars earned.

finally watched it with my girl. Good movie, i liked it
like some people said, some stuff coulda been left out

Has anybody copped the new ROTF leader Prime toy? It looks beautiful but it is an absolute pain to try to transform... first time through took me a half hour
laugh.gif

I don't get why they even made the matrix disintegrate if it was to repair itself mysteriously somehow near the ending...to me that was pointless
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

I don't get why they even made the matrix disintegrate if it was to repair itself mysteriously somehow near the ending...to me that was pointless
indifferent.gif
In the original movie, when Optimus Prime died he gave Ultra Magnus the matrix. This was because he was not "worthy" to unlock it.Essentially, he had not earned the right to use, just as the Primes in the movie said the "matrix is earned". Even Galvatron failed to use theMatrix's powers. Eventually in the Original animated movie, Hot Rod earns the right to use the Matrix and becomes Rodimus Prime.

btw, one of my favorite parts of the movie was Megatron transforming into his gun mode. I loved it..oh, and the OG soundwave voice too.

Angel

^ cuz u have to earn it. this way, it keeps bad guys from usin it.

if it already came as dusty, then the potential good guys/worthy users wouldnt even notice it

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

^ cuz u have to earn it. this way, it keeps bad guys from usin it.

if it already came as dusty, then the potential good guys/worthy users wouldnt even notice it
This part made no sense to me because why would the Primes sacrifice their own lives to protect it from the Fallen if it would have disintegratedin his hands, not including the machine needed it to destroy the sun....

Angel

Back
Top Bottom