Was in Toronto over the long weekend. Vol. Why are Canadians so WEIRD!?

I went to t dot with a few friends for a bachelor party. A few observations from the weekend.

- Toronto/Canada are “isolated” as hell. Every time we asked a local about a hot spot, eatery, etc.. we had to field questions on why we were there and of course, why did US vote for Trump. (As if we all voted for that nut job) how bout you come and see for yourself?
- Toronto has the highest concentration of fine women I’ve ever witnessed with my own eyes (I’ve been to 20 countries and have dated within 5 of them)
- Due to Toronto’s women, we are blessed with the music by Drake, The Weeknd, etc which is largely fueled by drugs, judging women, crying about women, leaving Toronto, coming back to Toronto, peeling for strippers..
- There is a weird duality between the folks we encountered during the day and the folks we interacted with at night. Almost like a two-faced yin and yang. The people during the day were friendly, approachable. Everyone we encountered at night outted us as Americans immediately, and the conversation ended shortly thereafter. Also, most were higher than Mars. Even approaching other brown/Black people; West Indian, Caribbean, African, they wanted nothing to do with us.
- according to some conversations with Torontoins, the culture is largely fueled by image, judging others, segregated thinking. Everyone’s main concern is looking good.
- T dot f’s with Drake HEAVY. Every club was either Drake on repeat for three hours or other Toronto/Dancehall artists, not a single U.S. artist was heard. All this was to my surprise, but again, isolation and that chip
On the shoulder.
- The strip club was fantastic and easy on the dollar
- The crew and I went back through Drake’s and The Weeknd’s catelogue, our visit gave full context to the content of their music (which I still love)
- The fact that Drake as been outted with the Black Face picture is not surprising. There’s really no racial context for these folks to fall on up there. They don’t have the same daily lessons and reminders that we have in the U.S. it’s almost Utopia up there. As easy as that sounds, it’s not easy to get use to.

Yo, some of my Canadian folk on here explain all of this, are y’all really this WEIRD or am I just an outsider looking in?! I understand that our interaction is a very small sample of the culture at larger; however, a lot of these critiques I heard from people that live there.

Last edited:
Yeah, America doesn't have a good rep. Folks here in Canada get uppity if you're American. They don't realize that the Americans who do visit are good guys.

Gonna hit up the Montreal stripclubs in a few months for a bachelor party. Hope it’s fin there too.

Yeah, America doesn't have a good rep. Folks here in Canada get uppity if you're American. They don't realize that the Americans who do visit are good guys.

Man, that’s exactly how we felt, like we came up here to explore and have a good time, not to be judged for the state of our Nation.

Went twice, good folks to me.

making a thread like this is silly and weird tho.
Reminds me of dude who wanted to take dance lessons when drake hotline bling came out. You likely made us look like squares. Stop it.

Went twice, good folks to me.

making a thread like this is silly and weird tho.
Reminds me of dude who wanted to take dance lessons when drake hotline bling came out. You likely made us look like squares. Stop it.

:rofl:

Square tho, fam?! I am culture. I never said we didn’t have a good time, we had a ball. The game was just a bit different from my experiences in Paris, London, MIA, Vegas, Tel Aviv, Istanbul, NYC, etc.. So, I’m not really sure where you’re coming from.

I went to t dot with a few friends for a bachelor party. A few observations from the weekend.

- Toronto/Canada are “isolated” as hell. Every time we asked a local about a hot spot, eatery, etc.. we had to field questions on why we were there and of course, why did US vote for Trump. (As if we all voted for that nut job) how bout you come and see for yourself?
- Toronto has the highest concentration of fine women I’ve ever witnessed with my own eyes (I’ve been to 20 countries and have dated within 5 of them)
- Due to Toronto’s women, we are blessed with the music by Drake, The Weeknd, etc which is largely fueled by drugs, judging women, crying about women, leaving Toronto, coming back to Toronto, peeling for strippers..
- There is a weird duality between the folks we encountered during the day and the folks we interacted with at night. Almost like a two-faced yin and yang. The people during the day were friendly, approachable. Everyone we encountered at night outted us as Americans immediately, and the conversation ended shortly thereafter. Also, most were higher than Mars. Even approaching other brown/Black people; West Indian, Caribbean, African, they wanted nothing to do with us.
- according to some conversations with Torontoins, the culture is largely fueled by image, judging others, segregated thinking. Everyone’s main concern is looking good.
- T dot f’s with Drake HEAVY. Every club was either Drake on repeat for three hours or other Toronto/Dancehall artists, not a single U.S. artist was heard. All this was to my surprise, but again, isolation and that chip
On the shoulder.
- The strip club was fantastic and easy on the dollar
- The crew and I went back through Drake’s and The Weeknd’s catelogue, our visit gave full context to the content of their music (which I still love)
- The fact that Drake as been outted with the Black Face picture is not surprising. There’s really no racial context for these folks to fall on up there. They don’t have the same daily lessons and reminders that we have in the U.S. it’s almost Utopia up there. As easy as that sounds, it’s not easy to get use to.

Yo, some of my Canadian folk on here explain all of this, are y’all really this WEIRD or am I just an outsider looking in?! I understand that our interaction is a very small sample of the culture at larger; however, a lot of these critiques I heard from people that live there.

Fam, did you limit yourself to just the downtown Toronto core?

Did Pusha T release another song? Because uhhhhh...that Duppy "freestyle" kinda killed Push.

I don't even like Drake...ijs.

Fam, did you limit yourself to just the downtown Toronto core?

Yea man, we didn’t have time to trek around the entire GTA. Quite a few people mentioned a club called Rebel. I was really just looking for something more down to earth, but that was hard to explain :lol:. I have a wedding to go to in Scarborough In August, so part deux may be in affect.

XNFpoSu_d.jpg

Yea man, we didn’t have time to trek around the entire GTA. Quite a few people mentioned a club called Rebel. I was really just looking for something more down to earth, but that was hard to explain :lol:. I have a wedding to go to in Scarborough In August, so part deux may be in affect.

Alright bro, you experienced our downtown core which most of us local cats stay the 'eff away from. As grimeyy grimeyy said you experienced an 'ish ton of them due to your location. However we've got some ultra-left wing cats running the country so the uninformed sheeple are being made to believe by our media that ALL Americans are bad which is NOT the case.

You're right about the birds being fine here though, I've traveled the world and I'll attest to that. I will also concur that the aforementioned know they're fine and aren't overly friendly.

The downtown spots will play Drake & The Weeknd extensively as they're both 'local' so I feel for you having to be subjected to their whiny trash.

During the day you'll encounter the normal, working class people who are generally friendly and helpful. At night it's the waste people - I think this might be typical of most downtown cores.

If you're visiting Scarborough again, then you owe it to yourself to check out the bars/clubs in Pickering/Ajax. They're a bit more homely and friendlier. Won't necessarily find the baddest birds but you'll get some great food and better overall treatment.

Is OP black? Yes, it matters.

Yep, all 5 of us black.

Alright bro, you experienced our downtown core which most of us local cats stay the 'eff away from. As grimeyy grimeyy said you experienced an 'ish ton of them due to your location. However we've got some ultra-left wing cats running the country so the uninformed sheeple are being made to believe by our media that ALL Americans are bad which is NOT the case.

You're right about the birds being fine here though, I've traveled the world and I'll attest to that. I will also concur that the aforementioned know they're fine and aren't overly friendly.

The downtown spots will play Drake & The Weeknd extensively as they're both 'local' so I feel for you having to be subjected to their whiny trash.

During the day you'll encounter the normal, working class people who are generally friendly and helpful. At night it's the waste people - I think this might be typical of most downtown cores.

If you're visiting Scarborough again, then you owe it to yourself to check out the bars/clubs in Pickering/Ajax. They're a bit more homely and friendlier. Won't necessarily find the baddest birds but you'll get some great food and better overall treatment.

*handshake* thank you, fam!

Toronto is :pimp: great city other than the hellish winters. Food is great, women are :pimp: and actually dress well, nightlife is :pimp: too

How is this exclusive to Canada? You will get this question no matter where you go. Trump is a good representation of how many Americans act abroad/treat foreigners, so you'll get asked this before people accept you as a "safe" visitor. I've been getting this question since 2016 in many different countries throughout Asia/Europe, and I'm not white.

Back
Top Bottom