What are your thoughts of Desean " Action" Jackson?

Whats ya'll's feelings on Desean Jackson. Im not specifically an Eagles fan (actually im a Jags fan) but I like Jackson, enjoy watching an excitingplayer that NFL defenses cant stop. Got into a debate at work about the guy and wanted to see what some of NT's 2 cents was.

Guy at my job : "He's so good, but also such a piece of crap. You can tell he's going to be a problem, like a TO type of guy. He didn't stoptalking for like 30 mins after his long TD reception"

Me: Piece of crap? That guy is awesome, he hasn't showed any signs of being a diva. He has made a few boneheaded plays but you don't hear from him thatway. Which long one? The 72 yard punt return or the 60 yard reception to tie the record for most plays from scrimmage over 50 yards in a season? I don'tknow a receiver in the NFL that wouldnt talk after that and after coming back from a concussion.

Guy at my job: He hasn't had the chance to be a diva because he doesn't have that gigantic contract yet, AND Donovan McNabb is keeping him in line fornow, which is why you don't hear from him...yet. He also has Drew Rosenhaus as an agent, and he makes a spectacle every time he scores a TD. Yes he hadthat stupid play where he dropped the ball before scoring that TD last year because he was all wrapped up in himself and what he was going to do to celebrate.I'm sure there's other things I haven't seen or heard about him that would support his "piece of crap" status I'm giving him. Mark mywords, he'll be a problem child in the NFL.

When I said "TD reception" I meant "TD reception".

As for WRs that would not talk for 30 mins after a TD reception, Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Bernard Berrian. Those are just afew of some of the best WRs in the NFL that wouldn't do that, I'm sure 90% of WRs in the NFL wouldn't, but you don't hear about those guys asoften. Also, a concussion is no big deal, it's part of playing in the NFL and the main reason people in the NFL have such low life expectancies.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic player, as I mentioned in my original email when I said "man he's so good" so the issue isn'this ability, just that he'll be one of those guys everyone hates like TO and Randy Moss when he was on the Vikings and Raiders, and now his true colors arecoming out again on the Pats since they're not the best in the league any more.

Me: Bernard Berrian??

Do you guys agree or disagree on Jackson becoming a problem child in the NFL??

Your friend is an idiot. I don't know how you can criticize someone for something they haven't done yet and have no history doing just because you havean inclination that they will.

DeSean isn't like T.O.

Kid is just too flashy
pimp.gif

Your friend is crazy. I swear why can't people get over the fact that dudes are happy to get in the endzone? If you don't like them celebrating, keepthem out of there or lay the wood on them.

Desean is just super confident, ain't nothing wrong with that. Until he starts trash talking players during the week leading up to the game or makingpre-conceived TD celebrations then he won't be a problem child. I haven't seen him getting angry on the sidelines or heard his teammates complain abouthim so where is your friend getting all this from? His TD celebrations?
laugh.gif

I agree with all of you especially Fear, Jackson has been nothing but fun to watch, this idiot at my job is just a hater LOL

The guy is saying after Jacksons TD the camera panned over to him and he did his muted shout outs to the camera, I said thats why you think he will be aproblem child?? LOL

I think he's funny, but just not against the Giants. I would have been the one laughing if he tore his achilles back stepping into the endzone from the 10yd. line.

he has everything it takes to be a diva only time will tell......................but until then he
pimp.gif

I agree. it's hard to really hate the kid. He's consistent, has good hands and speed, and is one of the league's best game changing players. On topof that he is confident in his abilities. I like telling 49er fans each season how much they slept on drafting this kid in their own backyard. smh

Originally Posted by HighRep87

DeSean isn't like T.O.

Kid is just too flashy
pimp.gif

Yeah Dude is nice...
I like the celebrations it just shows the kid likes to score and he is having fun out there...
and I'm a Cowboys fan...

He's a good player but it's poor sportsmanship to dance on the field of play before scoring. At least run hard into the endzone first.

He's more concerned with dancing than scoring. Even the biggest showboats like TO and Chad Ocho don't throw the ball down in the field of play orbackpedal and start to dance before scoring.

Imagine if LeBron slowed down during a fast break and starting dancing before doing a dunk. This thread would be 10 pages by now with angry NTers.

Originally Posted by cguy610

He's a good player but it's poor sportsmanship to dance on the field of play before scoring. At least run hard into the endzone first.

He's more concerned with dancing than scoring. Even the biggest showboats like TO and Chad Ocho don't throw the ball down in the field of play or backpedal and start to dance before scoring.

Imagine if LeBron slowed down during a fast break and starting dancing before doing a dunk. This thread would be 10 pages by now with angry NTers.
You're an idiot for comparing the two.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

He's more concerned with dancing than scoring. Even the biggest showboats like TO and Chad Ocho don't throw the ball down in the field of play or backpedal and start to dance before scoring.

word...
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I guess I must have been describing you.
laugh.gif

californias finest
pimp.gif

you cannot compare touchdown celebrations to Lebrons dancing...TD celebrations are during a dead ball while Lebron is dancing like clown while the clock isplay

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

californias finest
pimp.gif

you cannot compare touchdown celebrations to Lebrons dancing...TD celebrations are during a dead ball while Lebron is dancing like clown while the clock is play
Watch the replay. He slowed down and backpedaled(on the field) into the jerk dance.(in the endzone). So technically, he started hisdancing/showboating on the field of play.

Back
Top Bottom