What are your thoughts of Desean " Action" Jackson?

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

Top 10 receiver by next year.

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

That's not including T.O. or Moss because on any given Sunday they'll show flashes of themselves in their prime.

Desean needs to continue making plays for a few years to top those guys I listed. Top 10 is definitely not out of the question.
But he ain't in it right now.

for the record im a fan of desean and hes awesome BUT i hope he has a horrible game next week!
ohwell.gif

Soon as I saw him backpedal in I figured dudes were gonna hate. I mean he ain't doin cartwheels into the endzone anymore so we good.
laugh.gif

I'll be honest, everyone knows I'm one of the biggest DeSean fans on this board. Loved the guy at Cal and knew he would be a big play threat. However,I gotta admit I didn't expect Jackson to have this much of an impact at the receiver position. Everyone knew he would have the long punt returns for TDsand 60-yard catches here and there, but DeSean has been able to consistently make plays at wideout game in and game out.

Comparing DeSean and Mac9 outta college I really thought Maclin was the more polished receiver and would be a more consistent target for McNabb but thatprobably won't be the case (given it's Jeremy's rookie season).

I could do without some of the showboating but as an Eagles fan you can't really complain as long as he continues making huge plays.

Originally Posted by AG 47

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

That's not including T.O. or Moss because on any given Sunday they'll show flashes of themselves in their prime.

Desean needs to continue making plays for a few years to top those guys I listed. Top 10 is definitely not out of the question.
Youve got to be kidding me. Derrick Mason. Your not a top 10 receiver because you are the only option. Vincent Jackson as well. When your TE Gatesor not has more attempts and receptions than your no 1 receiver your not a top 10 receiver

TO is done, Moss is lazy they dont count. Colston is inconsisitent, Meachem is leading the Saints in TD's and receiving yards is he a top 10? No he isnt.

Also NO ONE on that list punt returns and is a number 1 option. Only 3 or 4 of those WR's have the break away ability Jackson has. And they are targetedway more than Jackson ever has been in Philly.

Holmes? When was the last time ya'll saw Santonio Holmes do anything no QB or not. Id easily put Jackson over Mason, Holmes, V. Jackson any day of theweek.

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

Haha I know, just felt like being a homer.
laugh.gif

But seriously, he'll be in top 10 discussion soon.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

AG 47 wrote:

Mr DragonFly Jones wrote:

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

Youve got to be kidding me. Derrick Mason. Your not a top 10 receiver because you are the only option. Vincent Jackson as well. When your TE Gates or not has more attempts and receptions than your no 1 receiver your not a top 10 receiver

TO is done, Moss is lazy they dont count. Colston is inconsisitent, Meachem is leading the Saints in TD's and receiving yards is he a top 10? No he isnt.

Also NO ONE on that list punt returns and is a number 1 option. Only 3 or 4 of those WR's have the break away ability Jackson has. And they are targeted way more than Jackson ever has been in Philly.

Holmes? When was the last time ya'll saw Santonio Holmes do anything no QB or not. Id easily put Jackson over Mason, Holmes, V. Jackson any day of the week.

Derrick Mason is a better wide receiver than Desean Jackson. It has nothing to do with him being "the only option" as you put it.
The bottom line is he is a consistent, Go To, wide receiver and have you noticed how he's ALWAYS open? His routes are crisp and he has solid hands.
Seeing as he is the only option for the Ravens, you'd think defenses would find a way to stop him from getting his catches. Brandon Marshall is the Broncos
only option and he is most definitely top 10.

As far as Vincent Jackson goes, the man is damn good. Watch some Charger games. I hate the Chargers, but I'll give credit where credit is due.
Vincent Jackson has come into his own. He is big, fast, and can catch. A nightmare for opposing corners. And just because Gates gets most of the
receptions on the team is no slight on Jackson. Gates is one of the BEST to ever play his position.

Colston inconsistent? Based on what? He's really broken out this year, but he's been playing at a high level. And for the record, Meachem does NOT
lead the Saints in TD's. That would be Colston.

Santonio Holmes is beyond clutch. He's the man in Pittsburgh. He makes catches when they need them. The superbowl is a prime example of that.

And btw, T.O. can still ball. He's hardly done. The Buffalo Bills are done. See Randy Moss in Oakland. It's kinda like that. Speaking of Randy, thislazy
knock has been with him his whole career, since Minnesota. Was he not Top 10 then? Lazy or not, Moss is still a great wide receiver.

You know what's funny though, you have a problem with the Colston, V. Jackson, and Holmes. Take them off the list and Desean STILL isn't top 10.
laugh.gif

Look, my ONLY knock on Desean is that he just needs to keep doing what he's doing for a couple more years. Hell, maybe even next year. That's allI'm saying.

AG 47 wrote:

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

Youve got to be kidding me. Derrick Mason. Your not a top 10 receiver because you are the only option. Vincent Jackson as well. When your TE Gates or not has more attempts and receptions than your no 1 receiver your not a top 10 receiver

Also NO ONE on that list punt returns and is a number 1 option. Only 3 or 4 of those WR's have the break away ability Jackson has. And they are targeted way more than Jackson ever has been in Philly.

Holmes? When was the last time ya'll saw Santonio Holmes do anything no QB or not. Id easily put Jackson over Mason, Holmes, V. Jackson any day of the week.

Derrick Mason is a better wide receiver than Desean Jackson. It has nothing to do with him being "the only option" as you put it.
The bottom line is he is a consistent, Go To, wide receiver and have you noticed how he's ALWAYS open? His routes are crisp and he has solid hands.
Seeing as he is the only option for the Ravens, you'd think defenses would find a way to stop him from getting his catches. Brandon Marshall is the Broncos

As far as Vincent Jackson goes, the man is damn good. Watch some Charger games. I hate the Chargers, but I'll give credit where credit is due.
Vincent Jackson has come into his own. He is big, fast, and can catch. A nightmare for opposing corners. And just because Gates gets most of the
receptions on the team is no slight on Jackson. Gates is one of the BEST to ever play his position.

Colston inconsistent? Based on what? He's really broken out this year, but he's been playing at a high level. And for the record, Meachem does NOT

Santonio Holmes is beyond clutch. He's the man in Pittsburgh. He makes catches when they need them. The superbowl is a prime example of that.

And btw, T.O. can still ball. He's hardly done. The Buffalo Bills are done. See Randy Moss in Oakland. It's kinda like that. Speaking of Randy, this lazy
knock has been with him his whole career, since Minnesota. Was he not Top 10 then? Lazy or not, Moss is still a great wide receiver.

You know what's funny though, you have a problem with the Colston, V. Jackson, and Holmes. Take them off the list and Desean STILL isn't top 10.
laugh.gif

Look, my ONLY knock on Desean is that he just needs to keep doing what he's doing for a couple more years. Hell, maybe even next year. That's all I'm saying.

I watch Chargers games Jackson has gotten stronger he has size over most DB's in the league he has good hands but he doesnt have the capability to breakone EVERY time he touches the ball. He's a possession receiver as most of the guys you named are.

And if you watch Steeler games THIS year you'd see how many numerous drops Holmes has had since that catch in the Super Bowl.

Colston this past week passed Meachem, and its by 1 TD. I had Colston last year on my fantasy team, FAIL. Better year this year? Yes, but with his size heshould be!

Jackson only doesnt get put there because its his second year, and you said that yourself, all im saying is this year id replace Jackson over Holmes, V Jackand Mason all day.

Does it discredit my opinion that I have D Jax on my fantasy team??
nerd.gif

I don't know how you can put Bowe, Santonio, and Mason above DeSean at this point. Holmes is close but the other two not so much. If you're arguingMason and Bowe are more consistent, fine but when it comes to being a better receiver DJ has surpassed them. He makes so many big plays and impacts the outcomeof the game tremendously. The Eagles would honestly have 2-3 less wins this season without him. Mason and Bowe are replaceable.

I still can't believe the Rams drafted Donnie Avery instead of DeSean Jackson. "He's too small" - right. Nobody cares how tall you are whenyou are waltzing into the endzone time after time.

I hope that him and Maclin can hook up for some great years ahead.
pimp.gif

AG 47 wrote:

TheAssassin23 wrote:

AG 47 wrote:

[/homer]

Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Reggie Wayne
Brandon Marshall
Vincent Jackson
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Santonio Holmes
Derrick Mason
Marques Colston
Chad Johnson

And btw, T.O. can still ball. He's hardly done. The Buffalo Bills are done. See Randy Moss in Oakland. It's kinda like that. Speaking of Randy, this lazy

laugh.gif

Look, my ONLY knock on Desean is that he just needs to keep doing what he's doing for a couple more years. Hell, maybe even next year. That's all I'm saying.

I watch Chargers games Jackson has gotten stronger he has size over most DB's in the league he has good hands but he doesnt have the capability to break one EVERY time he touches the ball. He's a possession receiver as most of the guys you named are.

And if you watch Steeler games THIS year you'd see how many numerous drops Holmes has had since that catch in the Super Bowl.

Colston this past week passed Meachem, and its by 1 TD. I had Colston last year on my fantasy team, FAIL. Better year this year? Yes, but with his size he should be!

Jackson only doesnt get put there because its his second year, and you said that yourself, all im saying is this year id replace Jackson over Holmes, V Jack and Mason all day.

Does it discredit my opinion that I have D Jax on my fantasy team??
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
I feel it. In Holmes case, that ENTIRE team is having a down year. But don't sleep on what he's capable of. I've Holmes dominate a game whenit matters most.
3rd down receptions for first downs. Bailing Big Ben out with a tough catch. Things like that.

At the end of the day, it's really all opinion and I'm not knocking you for feeling like D-Jax is a Top 10 receiver. I'm saying he just has tocontinue to put up these numbers.
I like dude and have followed his career since his Cal days (been a Cal fan for some time). I just don't feel he's earned Top 10 as of today. Not overthe guys I listed. But believe
me, if D-Jax keeps this up, he'll be in the discussion soon, real soon.

Desean Jackson is the reason im not in the playoffs for fantasy...

dude put up 40!!!! when i was up 38!!

F U DESEAN

^^Thats how he saved my season!! Im in the semifinals thanks to that guy. Now for another big week DESEAN! MORE DANCING! MORE COWBELL!!

I like the guy, I just wish he'd do numbers more like 7-8 catches for 160-170 yards and 2 TDs instead of 2-4 catches for 110-120 and 1 TD.

PR and KR though?
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom