What in your opinion is the single most dishonest profession?

You all can't blame lawyers for being DISHONEST. Blame our "System of Justice" it's not about if he did it or not
frown.gif
... It's about if his lawyer will stand up for him and defend him, which will only happen if the client has money
wink.gif
. Foolish Nter's blaming Lawyers, that is their job what do you expect them to do. They know that their client half the time is guilty, but they can't say anything they have to take this to their grave. They just can't be broadcasting to the world what their client said EVER, have to keep it to themselves. They'll get their license taken up because of this. Btw, been paying attention in Criminal Justice Class here, informs you all about Criminal $**+
pimp.gif

Don't think there is just 1 Most dishonest profession, them pigs are spread out like a disease. There will be always be black sheep in the bunch, you know. People "In general" are some slippery weasels, though

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Anyone who says doctors are dishonest, along with lawyers, or politicians needs to actually come up with a good reason as to why they think so.
Agreed.
+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.
I think some of ya'll need to really get a grasp on what you're talking about. Lawyers don't typically defend clients they think are guilty just to win the case. They do it because its their job. Even criminals have the right to an attorney. And what a lawyer thinks is irrelevant. What can be proven in a court is what matters. What if a man is innocent but every single lawyer out thinks he's guilty, does he not deserve legal representation? Maybe you should do some research on how our legal system works lol.

No need to research anything bro...as a person your moral compass must be really *%%%+# up to defend a serial killer caught on tape and try and bend the law to the best of your ability to try and get this serial killer back out in the streets based on a technicality or loophole of our flawed justice system...

Btw I'm using an extreme example with the whole serial killer caught on tape thing
laugh.gif
but the law is Far from just.

^^^
laugh.gif
I used an extreme example too, it's just that it's a very common extreme example, and I've been right there in court to see it plenty of times

Dentist. I have e %+%$ ton of fillings because of them and its a new one each time. I brush every day. before this fillings I was fine and not I cant even eat ice cream.

Great response UTVol the bottom line is, people saying doctors CLEARLY have no idea how the medical profession works
laugh.gif
I can't order a 100 tests and 20 different procedures without rationale and expect to get paid for it

-Doctors are in a position of great power, and patients are extremely vulnerable, however the medical profession is not a barren wasteland of lawlessness and deceit-We are taught that the patient should have full control of his or her own treatment and should be the prime decision maker

Human beings are almost programmed to be cynical of anyone with that much power and that's understandable, but do a little bit of research before you go making accusations-

I can't stick a needle in someone's back without telling them what it's for, alternatives to treatment, risks of the treatment, risks of forgoing treatment, make sure they understand what the procedure is and make sure I don't coerce them in anyway-this is the basic protocol for informed consent in medicine-do some doctors sway from it? Sure, but this is the standard of care by which most physicians are expected to abide by-Everything gets documented, and documented carefully otherwise you risk losing your license

Sry about the poor grammar, a few of my keys don't work
ohwell.gif
it's unfortunately a common misconception that people have about our profession. that for some reason we are ordering all these tests and doing all these unnecessary procedures and making bank off it. then we ride our golden chariots to the golf course and laugh about it with one another. and god forbid we actually miss something we literally pay for the mistakes.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Anyone who says doctors are dishonest, along with lawyers, or politicians needs to actually come up with a good reason as to why they think so.
Agreed.
+@#$ if anything LAWYERS is probably the most dishonest profession, being that even if they feel their client is guilty, they will defend them in order to win the case...still in awe at dudes talking about Doctors being dishonest.
I think some of ya'll need to really get a grasp on what you're talking about. Lawyers don't typically defend clients they think are guilty just to win the case. They do it because its their job. Even criminals have the right to an attorney. And what a lawyer thinks is irrelevant. What can be proven in a court is what matters. What if a man is innocent but every single lawyer out thinks he's guilty, does he not deserve legal representation? Maybe you should do some research on how our legal system works lol.

No need to research anything bro...as a person your moral compass must be really *%%%+# up to defend a serial killer caught on tape and try and bend the law to the best of your ability to try and get this serial killer back out in the streets based on a technicality or loophole of our flawed justice system...
No you obviously do need to do your research. You do understand that our justice system could not exist otherwise without some of these simple premises? This boils down to straight constitutional law son. The 6th amendment of the US constitution gives us the right to counsel. Not the option, THE RIGHT. Public defenders are paid to defend the public. Not to be judge of someone's character by virtue of their own moral compass. There's a reason lawyers are lawyers, judges are judges and the jury is the jury.

laugh.gif
at you folks saying lawyers. Dummies.

I would have to say mechanics/car salesman ranks the top of the list. Just last week fools tried to charge me $90 for a transmission fluid change. $90 to unscrew a drain plug and refill fluid? No  thanks @%#* face. Runner up would probably be the banking industry.

Originally Posted by raptors29

laugh.gif
 They ain't $!#@!

Tell that to the Doctor that your life might depend on one day.....I can't believe the %*%# that comes out of you guys mouths sometimes
roll.gif

NT never ceases to amaze me-

Something to keep in mind before you go around calling doctors "dishonest"

-Doctors are under a microscope 24/7
sick.gif
sick.gif
Everything gets documented and reviewed by third party organizations-A few people at the hospital I work at got in trouble for putting "unintentially" charting procedures they didn't do

-Half of the effort many doctors expend in medicine is covering their @+$es-it is very difficult for doctors to do unethical/dishonest/shady sh** without getting caught

-Seeing how hard most doctors work for their degree and license, most of them will tell you it just isn't worth it

-What exactly are doctors known for lying about? The diagnosis? I'm curious, what have doctors lied to you about
nerd.gif
Are you saying a majority of the history taking, procedures, diagnoses, assessments and management doctors dispense on a daily basis are simply LIES?

-As a profession medicine is EVIDENCE driven, doctors base their decisions on current standards and evidence from research are you saying the research they base their decisions on are LIES as well?

-Do xrays/mris and a lot of the technology used by doctors to come up with diagnoses LIE?

-I'm not even saying doctors are Saints, but the profession being synonymous with dishonesty or any more dishonest than you average profession is beyond me-maybe I'm biased

I will say a good example of doctors being dishonest is billing for unnecessary procedures and things of that nature but every profession has its bad apples

I just had this image of a doctor telling someone they had cancer when evidence clearly shows they don't just to perform expensive surgery on the patient-
laugh.gif
Someone else chime in, is this even possible to get away with in the field?
agreed to the fullest. Considering doctors as the most dishonest profession is just silly.
laugh.gif

i diagnosis is nothing more than a doctors opinion on your medical condition based off his knowledge capacity in that specific medical field (ortho, psych, internist etc.). some doctors know more than others. thus why someone should always seek a 2nd opinion when diagnosed with something serious. sure a doctor might bill the insurance company for a testing that probably wasnt warranted. but who  ives a damn about insurances?? bastard will do anything to save a dime, even if that mean screwing over a very ill patient by denying necessary treatment authorization.

that being said. someone mentioned it already. 

DEFENSE ATTORNEY.

gulity or not guilty. their job is to protect their client. 

edit: i guess liars is a bad way to put it.. like people have mentioned.. in most cases, these lawyers arent really lieing. theyre just doing theyre job. so i take that back..
ohwell.gif

SALES MAN!! theyll straight up lie up nd down to sell you their product. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

laugh.gif
at you folks saying lawyers. Dummies.

I would have to say mechanics/car salesman ranks the top of the list. Just last week fools tried to charge me $90 for a transmission fluid change. $90 to unscrew a drain plug and refill fluid? No  thanks @%#* face. Runner up would probably be the banking industry.

If its an automatic they should be replacing the filter as well which means taking the pan off.

When mechanics tell you whats wrong with your car, ask questions. Ask them how they came to their conclusions, do research on the vehicle you have and learn read up on some of the common issues owners see. There are dishonest mechanics which is why you need to do research on the shop(s) you're having your car serviced at to help avoid those kind of issues. If something doesn't make sense to you ask questions so that you can understand. Get second opinions. Knowledge is power.

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Those saying Doctors please explain!

Doctor checking in

I was going to say doctor but I haven't really had many bad experiences with them, so I'm going with dentists.

The reason why doctors/dentists can be dishonest is because they get paid so much and have knowledge of their field that the common people don't have, so it wouldn't be hard for them to prescribe something, make some solid cash and the average person would never know they just got played. That, and the whole health field scares people because no one wants to live with something wrong with their body, so they're easily gullible if a doctor/dentist wanted to fool them.

My dentist insisted on me getting fillings for cavities, charging me an arm and leg for each one. I went to another dentist and he told me the cavities were incredibly shallow and would recover just from careful brushing and told me to wait before committing to getting fillings. Meanwhile, the original dentist was trying to rush me into getting it done, saying it was urgent.

Again, this is all generalization. Lots of doctors are honest, good people. But there is huge potential for there to be dishonesty.

Just some personal advice, if you're ever getting anything done know what you're getting done, do your research-We live in the age of information, in this day and age physicians can be blown away by how much their patients know about their conditions

Being an EDUCATOR is actually part of a physician's job description, patients are not PASSIVE recipients of the information we give them-we don't say, Mr Schift you have cancer because I said so-Medicine doesn't work that way

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

Tell that to the Doctor that your life might depend on one day.....I can't believe the %*%# that comes out of you guys mouths sometimes
roll.gif

sick.gif
sick.gif
Everything gets documented and reviewed by third party organizations-A few people at the hospital I work at got in trouble for putting "unintentially" charting procedures they didn't do

-Half of the effort many doctors expend in medicine is covering their @+$es-it is very difficult for doctors to do unethical/dishonest/shady sh** without getting caught

-Seeing how hard most doctors work for their degree and license, most of them will tell you it just isn't worth it

-What exactly are doctors known for lying about? The diagnosis? I'm curious, what have doctors lied to you about
nerd.gif
Are you saying a majority of the history taking, procedures, diagnoses, assessments and management doctors dispense on a daily basis are simply LIES?

-As a profession medicine is EVIDENCE driven, doctors base their decisions on current standards and evidence from research are you saying the research they base their decisions on are LIES as well?

-Do xrays/mris and a lot of the technology used by doctors to come up with diagnoses LIE?

-I'm not even saying doctors are Saints, but the profession being synonymous with dishonesty or any more dishonest than you average profession is beyond me-maybe I'm biased

I will say a good example of doctors being dishonest is billing for unnecessary procedures and things of that nature but every profession has its bad apples

I just had this image of a doctor telling someone they had cancer when evidence clearly shows they don't just to perform expensive surgery on the patient-
laugh.gif
agreed to the fullest. Considering doctors as the most dishonest profession is just silly.
laugh.gif

i diagnosis is nothing more than a doctors opinion on your medical condition based off his knowledge capacity in that specific medical field (ortho, psych, internist etc.). some doctors know more than others. thus why someone should always seek a 2nd opinion when diagnosed with something serious. sure a doctor might bill the insurance company for a testing that probably wasnt warranted. but who  ives a damn about insurances?? bastard will do anything to save a dime, even if that mean screwing over a very ill patient by denying necessary treatment authorization.

DEFENSE ATTORNEY.

edit: i guess liars is a bad way to put it.. like people have mentioned.. in most cases, these lawyers arent really lieing. theyre just doing theyre job. so i take that back..
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I am kinda appalled that people are saying Doctors. Like what the... is in your minds that doctors are dishonest?

I work along side many clinicians and they all take SO MUCH pride (even too much) in being right. Not to where they will make false claims, but I mean they really actually analyze things to make sure their diagnosis is 100% right.

These cats went through way too much to get their titles, they ain't going to risk that by building a career off dishonesty.

Now had the thread title been "In what professions do people think they are God?" Then yes doctors would fit perfectly.
laugh.gif
Sry my fellow medical professionals, but you dang MDs......
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Those saying Doctors please explain!

Doctor checking in

I was going to say doctor but I haven't really had many bad experiences with them, so I'm going with dentists.

The reason why doctors/dentists can be dishonest is because they get paid so much and have knowledge of their field that the common people don't have, so it wouldn't be hard for them to prescribe something, make some solid cash and the average person would never know they just got played. That, and the whole health field scares people because no one wants to live with something wrong with their body, so they're easily gullible if a doctor/dentist wanted to fool them.

My dentist insisted on me getting fillings for cavities, charging me an arm and leg for each one. I went to another dentist and he told me the cavities were incredibly shallow and would recover just from careful brushing and told me to wait before committing to getting fillings. Meanwhile, the original dentist was trying to rush me into getting it done, saying it was urgent.

Again, this is all generalization. Lots of doctors are honest, good people. But there is huge potential for there to be dishonesty.

Just some personal advice, if you're ever getting anything done know what you're getting done, do your research-We live in the age of information, in this day and age physicians can be blown away by how much their patients know about their conditions

Being an EDUCATOR is actually part of a physician's job description, patients are not PASSIVE recipients of the information we give them-we don't say, Mr Schift you have cancer because I said so-Medicine doesn't work that way
True but with that being said something like WebMD is a dangerous thing for someone who hasnt had the yrs and yrs of training and education. Its good to know what procedure you are having done and the risks but you can scare yourself out of almost any procedure because of EXTREMELY rare complications.

NT yall cant be serious. Doctors>

I work directly with 18 doctors a day and they drive me up the wall, but faaaaaaar from shady. Sometimes it even feels like they care more about the patients health than the patient themselves.

Dentist on the other hand milk the crap out of your insurance. I went for a cleaning, they had me come in the next week for a fill in on my left side, than a week after for a fill in on my right side. Like really? You couldnt take care of everything in 1 or 2 visits? You had to charge my insurance (and make me pay a co pay) for three separate visits?

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

sick.gif
sick.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

DEFENSE ATTORNEY.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
I am kinda appalled that people are saying Doctors. Like what the... is in your minds that doctors are dishonest?

I work along side many clinicians and they all take SO MUCH pride (even too much) in being right. Not to where they will make false claims, but I mean they really actually analyze things to make sure their diagnosis is 100% right.

These cats went through way too much to get their titles, they ain't going to risk that by building a career off dishonesty.

Now had the thread title been "In what professions do people think they are God?" Then yes doctors would fit perfectly.
laugh.gif
Sry my fellow medical professionals, but you dang MDs......
laugh.gif
Lol certain segments and specialites yea there are some that definitely have a God complex. Not my field though we are super chill and laid back.

I do appreicate all the support for doctors though in regards to being dishonest. In every field there are those that are dishonest but in the medical profession it is very rare and really not in the physicians benefit. Even for someone like Conrad Murray what he did was totally against what pretty much any physician would contemplate doing and extremely unethical and against the hippocratic oath but even he wasnt out to kill MJ. Also most cases of malpractice are not due to malicious actions but more commonly mistakes as we are still human after all lol

Back
Top Bottom