WHAT SHOE CAUSED WHAT INJURY???

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by Nat Turner

al3x89 wrote:

Nat Turner wrote:

d0f16a696dde7e146b51e8e9ba32a59768520666_r.jpg

These. This is the last time I will ever listen to the hype on any nike enhanced message board. I made the mistake a few times, but this will be the last. Oh, the injury was not caused by the shoes per se, it was caused by me paying attention to a bunch of people who probably just walk around in their shoes, instead of playing in them.

so you didn't even get hurt in the shoe?

wait.. or was it mental anguish?

I forgot to add that part!
laugh.gif

Tendonitis of both the patellar tendon and achillies tendon. Played in them several times and after each time, both areas became seriously inflamed. Didn't happen after playing in the Hypermaxes, not the Adidas TS Promodel, Decade '06, Supernatural Creators, nor the Reebok Voyage. It only happened after playing in those crappy pieces of crap.

ok well, it's unfortunate that these didn't workout for you.. but to say that they're pieces of crap is dumb.

yes it's your opinion, but look at the NBA, d-league and even in europe. almost every player has/had an ID, or TB of the IV's. even after the 5's release, players were still playing in the 4's...

the shoes dominated the league in 08-09. more people wore them all players who wore jordan, or other nike shoes.

The shoe dominated a league where the players get the shoe for free, just like I did. I am involved with professional athletes, so my opinion can be backed up with facts. Nike made sure that Kobe's shoe got plenty of exposure, then made them available to anyone. Kobe wanted the same deal with Adidas, as his goal was to have everyone wear HIS shoe. He was turned down. This was not because of Adidas this was because of who HE is. Nike has more money than anyone to urge players to rep a product, and that was the deciding factor. You are not talking to someone who does not know the real deal, as I stated, I am one of those who got the shoes, both this and the Hyperdunk, for free.

That said....here is a bit of info that I participated in....

According to an Australian study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine,

Interestingly, the second biggest indicator was an air cell in the heel:
Players wearing shoes with[sup] [/sup]air cells in the heel were 4.3 times more likely to injure an[sup] [/sup]ankle than those wearing shoes without air cell.

Another article with commentary on the study says:
First of all, it’s quite reasonable to think that mid-sole construction and composition in basketball shoes should play a role in preventing/producing injuries. Basketball-shoe midsoles tend to be quite thick, for one thing. In theory, this exaggerated thickness provides better cushioning, but it also makes the foot and ankle more unstable, compared to a situation in which the foot is closer to the ground. In particular, it makes the foot and ankle more prone to the violent side-to-side tipping motions which produce ankle sprains and other ankle injuries.

NBA players often change their sneakers every two to three games. This is because there is a proven link between the replacement of sneakers and the prevention of injuries…Even when the outside of the sneaker looks good, the mid-sole of a basketball sneaker (the eva) is often worn down. When this happens, there is added stress to bones and ligaments in the foot and the leg…Currently, the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine is recommending that high school basketball players switch sneakers monthly.

__

Any questions????

The shoe dominated a league where the players get the shoe for free, just like I did. I am involved with professional athletes, so my opinion can be backed up with facts. Nike made sure that Kobe's shoe got plenty of exposure, then made them available to anyone. Kobe wanted the same deal with Adidas, as his goal was to have everyone wear HIS shoe. He was turned down. This was not because of Adidas this was because of who HE is. Nike has more money than anyone to urge players to rep a product, and that was the deciding factor. You are not talking to someone who does not know the real deal, as I stated, I am one of those who got the shoes, both this and the Hyperdunk, for free.

Adidas, reebok, nike, and1 sponsored players all get their shoes free from their selected brand. they get as many as they want however they want um.

kobe wanting adidas to have many players wearing his shoes? really?

How many players were wearing the Nike Zoom Kobe 1, 2, and 3? Yet you claim he left adidas because he wanted to force adidas into making other players wear his shoe? Not the fact that the last kobe shoe adidas made for him looked like a penismobile?

Have you ever seen a commercial for the nike kobe 1, 2, and 3 on tv?

I know i havent.... Exposure huh?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Adidas, reebok, nike, and1 sponsored players all get their shoes free from their selected brand. they get as many as they want however they want um.

How many players were wearing the Nike Zoom Kobe 1, 2, and 3? Yet you claim he left adidas because he wanted to force adidas into making other players wear his shoe? Not the fact that the last kobe shoe adidas made for him looked like a penismobile?

NobleKane wrote:

Correct. However, those other companies do not produce as many shoes that Nike can, and then as cheaply, especially with Nike using so much plastic now. I've been to the Nike campus, and they throw away more shoes than some companies produce. They grind them up, but you already know that by working for Nike.

NobleKane wrote:

Yes. Problem was, many in the NBA do not like Kobe Bryant. They respect his game, but as a person, they feel that he is a bit, "off". Curt Schilling tells a great story about being behind the Laker bench, then watching the players rolling their eyes when he spoke.

Boston Red Sox Curt Schilling Calls Out Lakers Kobe Bryant on His Blog
Thursday June 12, 2008

Yes, even professional athletes blog.

When Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox called out Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers on his blog, www.38pitches.com, Kobe Bryant responded to the press. The story goes that Schilling was seated courtside at Game 2 of the Lakers vs. Celtics NBA Finals game and heard Bryant yelling at his teammates peppered with expletives. After hearing this, Schilling wrote about it on his blog, basically saying that Bryant's teammates were less than inspired by his tantrums.
NobleKane wrote:

Nobody wore his shoes really, until the IV. Nike saw the dismal sales, then took a different approach in marketing his shoes. Also, I said nothing about Kobe trying to force anything with Adidas. Nobody in the NBA wanted to wear a shoe with Kobe Bryant's name on it. Recently, it was some Duke players who boycotted his shoe, especially the 3. 
NobleKane wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Marketing has gone viral...catch up with the rest of the world.
NobleKane wrote:

Something tells me that you don't read much, nor get out much, at all. This is probably a very good thing, especially with the personality you present. However, it seems that you did not address this part...

According to an Australian study published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine,

Players wearing shoes with[sup] [/sup]air cells in the heel were 4.3 times more likely to injure an[sup] [/sup]ankle than those wearing shoes without air cell.

First of all, it’s quite reasonable to think that mid-sole construction and composition in basketball shoes should play a role in preventing/producing injuries. Basketball-shoe midsoles tend to be quite thick, for one thing. In theory, this exaggerated thickness provides better cushioning, but it also makes the foot and ankle more unstable, compared to a situation in which the foot is closer to the ground. In particular, it makes the foot and ankle more prone to the violent side-to-side tipping motions which produce ankle sprains and other ankle injuries.

NBA players often change their sneakers every two to three games. This is because there is a proven link between the replacement of sneakers and the prevention of injuries…Even when the outside of the sneaker looks good, the mid-sole of a basketball sneaker (the eva) is often worn down. When this happens, there is added stress to bones and ligaments in the foot and the leg…Currently, the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine is recommending that high school basketball players switch sneakers monthly.

__

You claimed that I "lied" about owning the Kobe shoe, then you claimed that I "lied" about Nike shoes contributing to injury.

What's the matter, cat got your tongue?

NobleKane wrote:

Correct. However, those other companies do not produce as many shoes that Nike can, and then as cheaply, especially with Nike using so much plastic now. I've been to the Nike campus, and they throw away more shoes than some companies produce. They grind them up, but you already know that by working for Nike.

NobleKane wrote:

Yes. Problem was, many in the NBA do not like Kobe Bryant. They respect his game, but as a person, they feel that he is a bit, "off". Curt Schilling tells a great story about being behind the Laker bench, then watching the players rolling their eyes when he spoke.

Boston Red Sox Curt Schilling Calls Out Lakers Kobe Bryant on His Blog
Thursday June 12, 2008

Yes, even professional athletes blog.

When Curt Schilling of the Boston Red Sox called out Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers on his blog, www.38pitches.com, Kobe Bryant responded to the press. The story goes that Schilling was seated courtside at Game 2 of the Lakers vs. Celtics NBA Finals game and heard Bryant yelling at his teammates peppered with expletives. After hearing this, Schilling wrote about it on his blog, basically saying that Bryant's teammates were less than inspired by his tantrums.
NobleKane wrote:

Nobody wore his shoes really, until the IV. Nike saw the dismal sales, then took a different approach in marketing his shoes. Also, I said nothing about Kobe trying to force anything with Adidas. Nobody in the NBA wanted to wear a shoe with Kobe Bryant's name on it. Recently, it was some Duke players who boycotted his shoe, especially the 3. 
NobleKane wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Marketing has gone viral...catch up with the rest of the world.
NobleKane wrote:

Something tells me that you don't read much, nor get out much, at all. This is probably a very good thing, especially with the personality you present. However, it seems that you did not address this part...

__

You claimed that I "lied" about owning the Kobe shoe, then you claimed that I "lied" about Nike shoes contributing to injury.

What's the matter, cat got your tongue?

no cat didnt get my tongue. I just find it a waste of time arguing with you because all you do is make stuff up and i wont get banned for arguing with an immature person like you.

case in point:

Something tells me that you don't read much, nor get out much, at all
i mean i dont think you can ever hold a convo without hurling insults. so im done replying to you. goodbye!

no cat didnt get my tongue. I just find it a waste of time arguing with you because all you do is make stuff up and i wont get banned for arguing with an immature person like you.

case in point:

i mean i dont think you can ever hold a convo without hurling insults. so im done replying to you. goodbye!

rolled my ankle once in some team jordans..i forget the actual name...it was like 4yrs ago
ever since i stoped wearing low tops

rolled my ankle once in some team jordans..i forget the actual name...it was like 4yrs ago
ever since i stoped wearing low tops

Originally Posted by NobleKane

case in point:

You don't make yourself look very credible by suggesting that I am making things up, yet still citing the sources that back up my claims. This also proves that you do not "read much", if at all. Your behaving as an ostrich, sticking your head in a hole, speaks volumes.

Perhaps that it is good that you stop responding, as you have proven that are not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Til' our one on one meeting....
wink.gif

case in point:

You don't make yourself look very credible by suggesting that I am making things up, yet still citing the sources that back up my claims. This also proves that you do not "read much", if at all. Your behaving as an ostrich, sticking your head in a hole, speaks volumes.

Perhaps that it is good that you stop responding, as you have proven that are not the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Til' our one on one meeting....
wink.gif

These. This is the last time I will ever listen to the hype on any nike enhanced message board. I made the mistake a few times, but this will be the last. Oh, the injury was not caused by the shoes per se, it was caused by me paying attention to a bunch of people who probably just walk around in their shoes, instead of playing in them.

LIES. you know damn well you never owned that shoe.

you said you NEVER would purchase zoom air shoes since the lebron 2. why you frontin for? as if anybody listens to your lyin %+%
roll.gif

As I stated, I know you, but you don't know who I am . I want you to maintain that same tone when I see you in person. There will be no moderators to help you, so keep talking. 

I forgot to add the tagged pic.....

cdd367d7648560f2d1a37264155d6f3247d736a7_r.jpg

NobleKane wrote:
no cat didnt get my tongue. I just find it a waste of time arguing with you because all you do is make stuff up 
____

Speaking of making things up......
laugh.gif

LIES. you know damn well you never owned that shoe.

you said you NEVER would purchase zoom air shoes since the lebron 2. why you frontin for? as if anybody listens to your lyin %+%
roll.gif

As I stated, I know you, but you don't know who I am . I want you to maintain that same tone when I see you in person. There will be no moderators to help you, so keep talking. 

I forgot to add the tagged pic.....

cdd367d7648560f2d1a37264155d6f3247d736a7_r.jpg

NobleKane wrote:
no cat didnt get my tongue. I just find it a waste of time arguing with you because all you do is make stuff up 
____

Speaking of making things up......
laugh.gif

NAT Turner this thread is about shoes causing injuries not you trying to get your point across to people about things that are off topic. Go into the general discussion section with your antics please.

NAT Turner this thread is about shoes causing injuries not you trying to get your point across to people about things that are off topic. Go into the general discussion section with your antics please.

Originally Posted by madore

Fine, let's talk about injuries! How do you feel about over hyped shoes like that Kobe IV, and the study that I posted?  

Originally Posted by madore

Fine, let's talk about injuries! How do you feel about over hyped shoes like that Kobe IV, and the study that I posted?  

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Nat Turner, please go into the WDYWT we need another character/ TROLL to spicing things up

Damned shame. 

Let's see if you can actually expound on the injury sustained in the hyperdunks. Has the injury healed? Did you actually play in them, or did you hurt yourself walking funny in the shoes, while trying to not let them crease?

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Nat Turner, please go into the WDYWT we need another character/ TROLL to spicing things up

Damned shame. 

Let's see if you can actually expound on the injury sustained in the hyperdunks. Has the injury healed? Did you actually play in them, or did you hurt yourself walking funny in the shoes, while trying to not let them crease?

Back
Top Bottom