What takes more skill to excel at: Halo or Call of Duty?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Curb - why do you care so much about what other people like? Some like COD, some like Halo. It's not that serious.

roll.gif
roll.gif

You're trying way too hard.

roll.gif
roll.gif

This is really subjective... we haven't even established what game mode people are talking about. Big load of a difference between modes like deathmatch or CTF.

I would say in straight up free for all Halo is harder to excel at. Specifically Halo 1. There really was no camping in that game. If you got the drop on someone it did not mean that you were going to kill them. If they had a better skill set than you they would 1 shot you with the sniper or 3sk you while you were trying to hit them 5 times.

I played Halo PC professionally and made a nice stack of money. The 3sk makes a whole load of difference in terms of skill level, however there were so many issues with the "lead" in Halo PC (because the netcode was trash) that it was really hard to master.

I picked up MW3 and have done well (2.3 K/D on team deathmatch) but the game does not come naturally to me. My good friend is easily one of the best and highly recruited COD players in the world (3.6 k/d overall 3.7 k/d in TDM) and the game comes really easy to him. He's been good at Halo but was never on my level, but I will never come close to his level in COD and he's just naturally gifted at the games.

If I had to lock down the most "skillful" games it was easily be fighting games. As a developer it was really insightful for me to see how much work goes into the balance and gameplay execution of something like SFIV. Fighting games are some of the hardest games to create, master, or appreciate.

The very reason why Modern Warfare is so popular and breaks all these sales records is because it's made so that even the most unskilled noob can get a kill now and then. Eventually, you're bound to catch someone off-guard and it takes 0.5 seconds to kill them.

I really enjoyed uncharted 2 multiplayer. I put in mad work in that game. The learning curve takes a while tho. You can't just pick up and play.
I haven't bought part 3 yet tho.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Originally Posted by oO Master Chief Oo

Anyone that says halo is easy hasn't played with good ppl, you really see how good they get I mean like a level 38 or 39

My highest skill in H3 was like 43 in Lone Wolves and I could NEVER go higher.
Thats cause its Lone Wolves. Lone Wolves is awful, if youre trying to get higher than 40 you should play better playlists where you can consistently get BR starts and theres not terrible gametypes like FFA objective and Swords. You should try Team Slayer. TS>> Every other playlist

I'd say COD. I didnt get a 360 until H3 so I don't know how the gameplay was forreal. But I noticed that perks like invisibility and the forcefield and the cars/flying machines in Halo added an advantage. Hammer+invisibility cloak = rampage. The jumping made it mad easy to kill

Halo fell off after Halo 3 havent touched a halo game since

in terms of fun
Halo with friends > COD with friends
COD alone > Halo alone

i do think halo takes more skills and is harder but not by a lot
laugh.gif
@ BF3 being harder i have better scores on BF3 than i do on MW3 (no BF3 hate)

Originally Posted by WaitWut

in terms of fun
Halo with friends > COD with friends
COD alone > Halo alone

Same for me. COD is serious business and Halo is screwing around trying to run people over
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It's hard to complain about shields in halo being too strong. When it's a game set 500 or so years in the future.it's a futuristic game it's not meant to be the equal of a modern warfare game when it's set in a different time period all together .Halo IMO allows way more diverse styles of play and combat. You have to deal with actual human pilots ,drivers,weapons on the map etc.Ranks mean much more the better you are the higher the rank , weapons dictate the flow of combat and are balanced out. maps compliment the weapons and vehicles enabling the usage of larger and more dynamic strategies.Variety of guns to use each with weaknesses and strengths .

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

roll.gif
roll.gif

Curb - why do you care so much about what other people like? Some like COD, some like Halo. It's not that serious.

roll.gif
roll.gif

You're trying way too hard.

roll.gif
roll.gif
It's just the way he is.  Dude is comedy though.  Only reason why I haven't put him on ignore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Antidope

I played a bunch of Halo 3 today thanks to this thread
wish i still had my disk 
traded it in for Reach 
30t6p3b.gif

going to gamestop to re-up 
pimp.gif

GT in sig if anyone is interested.

Halo series easily.  Like mentioned in this thread, you can get shot first in Halo and still have a chance to get the kill.  In COD, you're screwed unless the person trying to kill you was incredibly terrible.  Also, I don't consider spawn killing and camping as legit skills, and those two tactics are more prevalent in the COD series than Halo, so I wonder if a lot of the high ranking players are really as good as their rank is.

Without question though, both are fun to play.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

Originally Posted by PLVN

Gears of Snore.

Chill, the controls and cover system take a while to get use to. I was a 47 in H3 BTW. 
tongue.gif

tumblr_lxv9mdK6uN1qeouxk.jpg

I've been playing H3 a little too...about to cop ODST on Amazon because it's cheaper than paying for the map pack.

If you don't have that final map pack it's like you don't play on ANY DLC maps.

Originally Posted by fly23s

gears brah

This, but basing it off me comparing it to Halo Reach and Black Ops. Gears 2 learning curve was no joke. Seriously took a few months of repetitive play to get nice, compared to the others which took minimum time.

This dude Curb said Halo 2 was garbage, yet he wants us take his opinion serious?LOOOOOOOOL...what a joke. This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Halo2 is the greatest online multiplayer video game,EVER. I've never been able to play a game for 9 hours straight, like I did with Halo 2. I remember waking up at like 2 on Saturday, and playing till like 1 a.m.
As for the debate, Halo takes a whole lot more skill than COD. I was a legit Lv.50 in halo, and a great COD player(my kill K/D ratio was in the 2's). All you have to do in COD is find somewhere to camp and you're guaranteed 10 kills, get one kill streak and those 10 kills turn into 20
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. With Halo, you can't do that. Camping gets you like 2 kills max, so you better know how to play, especially in close combat. I remember it took me like 2 months to get from lv.49 to lv.50 just because 1-2 bad games would drop your level
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. When you finally get to 50 though, there is no better feeling
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom