When did you quit wearing basketball shorts under your jeans?

My parents would always ask me why. My response was always, "you never know when a game may break out.."

I has an idea for a Nike commercial back in HS, with a kid who always wore basketball shorts under his pants.

One day, his family is out and there are a bunch of pros playing pick, one goes down hurt, they need one more to finish the game.

Guess who steps up?

you might be on to something there....

stopped once I quit wearing baggy jeans... maybe summer 05.

went real prep on them half way through undergrad

Nostalgia thread for real. Completely forgot about rockin bball shorts under jeans all year round. even with Timbs and no intention of balling that day.
And1 shorts were the joints cuz they were cheap at modell's

back in the day it was the only way to get the sag right when you really a 32 inch waist but rocking the 36

dont forget to punch more holes in the belt

If you still do this now im gonna assume u still ouchea freakin black n milds as well
laugh.gif

Used to do it when dudes would "pants" each other in the hallways. 
laugh.gif
Gym class! Don't get caught slippin when you talking to a group of girls.

Serious? This was common practice back in the early-mid 2000's it was pretty much a given that you had basketball shorts under your Waist 38 jeans.
Guilty! Size 40 501's creased. If you knew the right dry cleaners you had your creased stitch.

i remember if there was a new kid who transferred over to our high school, and he was trying to hang with all the "ballers" (basketball folks) where we all hung out at, it was like a right of passage to have to see if they had game by playing with our usual 21 or 1 on 1 matchups during break. hell we didnt even have to be at a court. just a ball was needed and see if dude had handles and if he could get by one of us.

usually we wouldnt even unleash the shorts, but when newblood looked like he had some skills, the pants would come off and of course anyone was ready with their shorts underneath.

thats when you know it got SRS

Man, everyone was rocking ball shorts under their jeans back in middle school.

Wildly uncomfortable
mean.gif

Same goes for beaters underneath your tee. I could NEVER get down with that wave.
... who are these people that constantly need to be ready for a pick up game at all times?
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Quote:
Every real street dude rocked basketball shorts under thier jeans at one point in life
Lowkey this.

Streets cats wasn't rocking 'em because a pick up game might pop off at anytime... they were rocking 'em because a fight might pop off at anytime.

Last edited:
I only did it cuz i knew there would be a point during the day i was gonna hoop.

This was why I wore basketball shorts under my jeans.

Stopped doing it around senior year of high school. Coincidentally enough, it was around the same time I started to wear jeans that fit me :lol:

On a side note: Has anyone else ever wore socks with slides on after playing a few games? During the warmer seasons, I remember I'd keep the shorts on and pack my jeans and sneakers into my backpack and wear socks with slides on my way home. Most comfortable way to live, post-game :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom