When You Talk To God, Is The Response From Him or Is It From You Talking To Yourself

This is incorrect too.
[h2]Definition of LEGEND[/h2]

a  :  a story coming down from the past; especially  :  one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiableb  :  a body of such stories <a place in the legend  of the frontier>c  :  a popular myth of recent origind  :  a person or thing that inspires legendse  :  the subject of a legend <its violence was legend  even in its own time — William Broyles Jr.>

a  :  an inscription or title on an object (as a coin)b  :  caption  2bc  :  an explanatory list of the symbols on a map or chart

See legend  defined for English-language learners »

See legend  defined for kids »

[h2]Examples of LEGEND[/h2]

[h2]Definition of LEGEND[/h2]

[FLOAT=LEFT]1[/FLOAT]

a : a story coming down from the past; especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable

b : a body of such stories http://

c : a popular myth of recent origin

d : a person or thing that inspires legends

e : the subject of a legend 

[FLOAT=LEFT]2[/FLOAT]

a : an inscription or title on an object (as a coin)

b : caption
 2b

c : an explanatory list of the symbols on a map or chart

See legend defined for English-language learners »

See legend defined for kids »

[h2]Examples of LEGEND[/h2]
The definition of the word legend is irrelevant to what's being disputed. I see you still can't see that or are purposely ignoring that so it makes sense why you still don't understand. I guess you won't until you reread a couple more times or maybe not at all.

So again you posting the definition shows how much you failed. It's funny your alleged post supporting this doesn't fit the qualifications for any of the definitions of the word legend. None of it was popularly regarded as a historical fact, a popular myth, about a person that inspires legends (you'd have to prove that), or about a legend. Kinda just indirectly proved you not only misused the phrase but the word as well.

Shame.

The definition of the word legend is irrelevant to what's being disputed. I see you still can't see that or are purposely ignoring that so it makes sense why you still don't understand. I guess you won't until you reread a couple more times or maybe not at all.
So again you posting the definition shows how much you failed. It's funny your alleged post supporting this doesn't fit the qualifications for any of the definitions of the word legend. None of it was popularly regarded as a historical fact, a popular myth, about a person that inspires legends (you'd have to prove that), or about a legend. Kinda just indirectly proved you not only misused the phrase but the word as well.
Shame.
roll.gif

wow!

You really don't know how to use the phrase 'legend has it'.!!!!

The man who it was about isn't even stressing it, and that should alert you to the fact that it wasn't that serious,  But if you want to be play dumb be my guest.

:rofl:
wow!

You really don't know how to use the phrase 'legend has it'.!!!!

The man who it was about isn't even stressing it, and that should alert you to the fact that it wasn't that serious,  But if you want to be play dumb be my guest.
I was talking about the word legend not the phrase in what you just put in bold. You do know there's a difference between a word and a phrase right?

Last edited:
i talk to god when i'm about to fap. i ask who should i type in the search engine...... hayden storm :wow:

I was talking about the word legend not the phrase in what you just put in bold. You do know there's a difference between a word and a phrase right?
you seriously don't know.
roll.gif

It's cool though man, the original post wasn't even that serious...don't worry about it too much.
smile.gif

you seriously don't know.:rofl:

It's cool though man, the original post wasn't even that serious...don't worry about it too much.:smile:
Back to ignoring it then?

Like I said it's a shame, given how much you put in to this the past 3 pages instead of going back and rereading.

Back to ignoring it then?
Like I said it's a shame, given how much you put in to this the past 3 pages instead of going back and rereading.
i actually didn't need to reread anything. I was under the assumption that you are smarter than you are, but I'm obviously an idiot for thinking otherwise.

And if I'm not mistaken "you" brought it up
grin.gif
 So....yah!

i actually didn't need to reread anything. I was under the assumption that you are smarter than you are, but I'm obviously an idiot for thinking otherwise.

And if I'm not mistaken "you" brought it up>D  So....yah!
This entire post is just you continuing to reply to let me know you're ignoring what was actually talked about. You didn't say anything here at all. Now you're talking about your assumptions and that I brought it up. Irrelevant. If you didn't need to go back and reread you wouldn't ask why you were wrong how you misused the word or why the definition of the word doesn't have anything to do with you misusing the phrase.

Last edited:
This entire post is just you continuing to reply to let me know you're ignoring what was actually talked about. You didn't say anything here at all. Now you're talking about your assumptions and that I brought it up. Irrelevant. If you didn't need to go back and reread you wouldn't ask why you were wrong how you misused the word or why the definition of the word doesn't have anything to do with you misusing the phrase.
but I agree with you, legend has it was appropriate in the context of the discussion. 

No, I thought we agreed that you'll continue to play the dummy in this relationship.
If you think that's agreeing with me you haven't been understanding anything at all.

Keep up the personal attacks though.

Last edited:
People have different beliefs because of background, ignorance, personal reflection and understanding. Me and you give people credit for this even when we don't agree with them or share their views.

agreed.

So in our scenario, would it be possible for this benevolent god to sift through 'background, ignorance, personal reflection and understanding' and hear the sincere prayers of all men?

what you say makes sense, but in a lot of religions god condemns worshiping other gods. so, if you're condemned for following the wrong god, i can't imagine the one true god would acknowledge someone that follows the wrong god.

I can understand why someone like sumrndmdude would be a theist. 

Dat philosophical discontinuity. 
grin.gif

Last edited:
agreed.
what you say makes sense, but in a lot of religions god condemns worshiping other gods. so, if you're condemned for following the wrong god, i can't imagine the one true god would acknowledge someone that follows the wrong god.
And the condemnation of worshiping other gods is part and parcel of their background, ignorance, personal reflection and understanding. I would say that the one true god, hopefully would take that into account, that some people may be ignorantly worshiping a false god. 

Very few traditional religions of the world demand allegiance to on singular true god. I think only christianity, judaism, amd islam make that a requirement (I may be missing other but you get my point). Eastern religions allow for a variety of gods, even allowing for humans to be gods (something futureMD made reference to in another thread).

With regards to three monotheistic religions I mentioned, they are all essentially trying to worship the same God. Namely, the God who was worshiped by Abraham.

Back
Top Bottom