When You Talk To God, Is The Response From Him or Is It From You Talking To Yourself

Nah you were. It was definitely explained how it was misused. There was nothing to be misinformed about given your use of the phrase and what you used to support it being a legend. I didn't just happen to randomly quote that post or you can go ahead do what I just told you to do. You know how to use google don't you?
So I can't say 'legend has it' sillyputty lost his religion over a girl? Even in 'jest' I technically can't say that???? Please cite me this rule, because I have googled and only found citations to support my usage of the phrase 'legend has it'.

So I can't say 'legend has it' sillyputty lost his religion over a girl? Even in 'jest' I technically can't say that???? Please cite me this rule, because I have googled and only found citations to support my usage of the phrase 'legend has it'.
Who said anything about can't? Reread the posts.

Feel free to keep misusing the phrase and then claiming that you're paying attention to the discussions and learning from them.

It'll probably still be pointed out to you why you're incorrect.

Last edited:
1.You can't do that as you aren't in a position to assess their FAITH. 

2. I can assess what you believe, not how much you believe it.

3. You're claiming to know their faith better than they do in a doctrine that they have faith in. 

4. There are different faiths but you don't get to qualify what their faith is for them.
1. The doctrine on which your faith is based states the following: "God believes all men to be equal"

You claim to base your faith on that doctrine, but yet you say: "americans are better than all other people" 

Your faith can be assessed on the doctrine it is based on:

[h2]Definition of FAITH[/h2]

a  :  allegiance to duty or a person :  loyalty(1)  :  fidelity  to one's promises (2)  :  sincerity of intentions

(1)  : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2)  : belief in the traditional doctrines  of a religion

2. I think you said it best:

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]1.You c[/color]an't do that as you aren't in a position to assess[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  their FAITH. ------>[/color][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]2. [/color]I can assess what you believe,[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]  not how much you believe it.[/color]

3. I am bringing up points for discussion based on their doctrine. I may be wrong or I may be right. Yes, I am coming to them under the assumption that I know something that they are unaware of at the time; and again I may be wrong or I may be right...or we could both be lost.

4. Hopefully they can qualify what their faith is, and I can try my best to understand what that faith is.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Who said anything about can't? Reread the posts.
Feel free to keep misusing the phrase and then claiming that you're paying attention to the discussions and learning from them.
It'll probably still be pointed out to you why you're incorrect.
so you can't tell me why I was incorrect?

1.You can't do that as you aren't in a position to assess their FAITH. 

2. I can assess what you believe, not how much you believe it.

3. You're claiming to know their faith better than they do in a doctrine that they have faith in. 

4. There are different faiths but you don't get to qualify what their faith is for them.
1. The doctrine on which your faith is based states the following: "God believes all men to be equal"

You claim to base your faith on that doctrine, but yet you say: "americans are better than all other people" 

Your faith can be assessed on the doctrine it is based on:

[h2]Definition of FAITH[/h2]

a  :  allegiance to duty or a person :  loyalty(1)  :  fidelity  to one's promises (2)  :  sincerity of intentions

(1)  : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2)  : belief in the traditional doctrines  of a religion
This doesn't make any sense.

You don't get to qualify what "traditional" doctrines are for other people, merely only what they believe.
2. I think you said it best:

1.You can't do that as you aren't in a position to assess  their FAITH. ------>2. I can assess what you believe,  not how much you believe it.
Whats the problem?
3. I am points for discussion based on their doctrine. I may be wrong or I may be right. Yes, I am coming to them under the assumption that I know something that they are unaware of at the time; and again I may be wrong or I may be right...or we could both be lost.
So yes.

You are NOT able to do this...yet you continue to do so.

Dont do this. 
4. Hopefully they can qualify what their faith is, and I can try my best to understand what that faith is.
wink.gif
Your point?

I don't argue theology. Thats for theists. I only care if what is said is true or not. 

Anyways, what is your reason for believing?

Last edited:

1.You don't get to qualify what "traditional" doctrines are for other people, merely only what they believe.

2. Whats the problem?

So yes.

3. You are NOT able to do this...yet you continue to do so.

Dont do this. 

4.Your point?

I don't argue theology. Thats for theists. I only care if what is said is true or not. 

1.  you know what I'll let you talk. What do you mean by that?

2. My point is that it is possible to ***** what people believe when as you yourself state that I can't/can do that.

3. I am not able to do something but I continue to do something???????

4. Trying to get the last word, and trying to win will ensure that you never see my point.

Last edited:
This is my assumption after realizing that you probably don't know what you are talking about.
I'LL LET YOU PROVE OTHERWISE.
Actually that'd be up to you to prove since it's your "realization"/assumption. It's a claim you're making. I don't need to prove otherwise/disprove it.

I guess it's your way of coping after being told you're wrong about something and then not being able to comprehend when told why you're wrong.

Last edited:

1.You don't get to qualify what "traditional" doctrines are for other people, merely only what they believe.

2. Whats the problem?

So yes.

3. You are NOT able to do this...yet you continue to do so.

Dont do this. 

4.Your point?

1.  you know what I'll let you talk. What do you mean by that?

2. My point is that it is possible to ***** what people believe when as you yourself state that I can't/can do that.

3. I am not able to do something but I continue to do something???????

4. Trying to get the last word, and trying to win will ensure that you never see my point.
4. I don't GET your point. 

You keep proposing scenarios with a limited set of expectations and data points so that your scenario always checks out...so what about OUTSIDE of the scenario? 

Actually that'd be up to you to prove since it's your "realization"/assumption. It's a claim you're making. I don't need to prove otherwise/disprove it.
I guess it's your way of coping after being told you're wrong about something and then not being able to comprehend when told why you're wrong.
so YOU are not going to correct me. This is fun.

Because you could easily correct me by providing a definition of the word legend 

4. I don't GET your point. 

You keep proposing scenarios with a limited set of expectations and data points so that your scenario always checks out...so what about OUTSIDE of the scenario? 
how do you feel about the word legend?

so YOU are not going to correct me. This is fun.

Because you could easily correct me by providing a definition of the word legend 
You were though? Why you acting like you weren't? You claim you learn from these discussions why aren't you actually reading what's being said? Seems to me you just want to be stubborn about it and not just admit your fault or acknowledge it even if you've been told why. You're acting like it's not even there at this point.

This is what's fun to you?

You were though? Why you acting like you weren't? You claim you learn from these discussions why aren't you actually reading what's being said? Seems to me you just want to be stubborn about it and not just admit your fault or acknowledge it even if you've been told why. You're acting like it's not even there at this point.
This is what's fun to you?
what's fun to me is that at least two people on NT don't know how to use the phrase 'legend has it'. And they insist that they are right and can't prove how they are right.

Well i have my doubts about religion but i thinks its weird when someone says god told me to do this. Then something bad happens and im like so god told u to do this, and u get hurt? And the person says yes, i got hurt cause it was in gods plan.

So ur god wants u to get hurt? I haze confuse

Well i have my doubts about religion but i thinks its weird when someone says god told me to do this. Then something bad happens and im like so god told u to do this, and u get hurt? And the person says yes, i got hurt cause it was in gods plan.
So ur god wants u to get hurt? I haze confuse
i am confused as well.

Back
Top Bottom