Who on NT lives in the most rural place?

Here is my rural city statistics:

Bainbridge is a town in Chenango County, New York, United States. The population was 3,401 at the 2000 census.

As part of the Sullivan Expedition of 1779, colonial troops under General Clinton, invaded the area to drive out hostile natives.

The town was first settled around 1788, first by a group called the "Vermont Sufferers." These were people from land in the eastern part of New York,who had lost their claims due to land sales by Vermont for the same claims.

The town was formed in 1791 as the "Town of Jericho" in Tioga County before the formation of Chenango County. The name "Bainbridge" wasadopted in 1814 in honor of United States Navy Commodore William Bainbridge. Subsequently, the town was reduced by the creation of new towns in the county: in1793, part of Bainbridge was used to form the parts of the Towns of Norwich and Oxford; more of Bainbridge was used for the Town of Greene (1798 and 1799) andthe Town of Afton (1857).

According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 34.7 square miles (90.0 km²), of which, 34.3 square miles (88.8 km²) of it is landand 0.4 square miles (1.1 km²) of it (1.27%) is water.

As of the census[1] of 2000, there were 3,401 people, 1,368 households, and 928 families residing in the town. The population density was 99.1 people persquare mile (38.3/km²). There were 1,521 housing units at an average density of 44.3/sq mi (17.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.35% White, 0.32%Black or African American, 0.24% Asian, 0.06% Pacific Islander, 0.29% from other races, and 0.74% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were1.18% of the population

Now and again i have to drive out to Wymer, TX to meet up with somebody, and one time I drove around and the place looked like it sucked, but there were youngpeople working at the Subway and Dairy Queen (just about all there is over there). I asked them what they do for fun out there and they said that there was amovie theatre in the next town, but it only shows films at 7pm and a bowling alley... in the next town.

Wymer is about half way between Houston and San Antonio, BTW.

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

I miss the country so much.
- Use to step out the back door and shoot guns
- 5 minute drive to some logging roads
- 30 minute drive into town
- 1/2 mile walk to fish
- Had a yard to keep a dog in
- Couldn't see any other houses from your own
Ahhhhhh those were the days
pimp.gif

I feel you. I use to love going to my great uncle's house in SC. I don't even think where he lives was even on maps until recently.

I live on a reservation. My high school class was 13 people. We have alligators across the street. I think I win.

Talbert

amberelise is actually picking up NT pretty fast. i'm impressed.

she's like the female version of Trill... takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin....

Got damn I'd die out trying to live around some of these towns mentioned. I definitely want to check out places like these though out of curiosity just tosee what it's like.

To any of you guys have you left to go to a bigger city like for college or something? Was there a culture shock (ie. more people of another race)? were yallable to adjust? Would you prefer city life over middle of nowhere life?

Sorry I'm just curious, because I would die if I had to live around one race, drive miles to get to another "town", and only be exposed to thecity life through the television? BTW how the hell did yall find out about NT???

Sounds like where I went to Undergrad at.

Princess Anne, MD home of U of MD Eastern Shore. The students almost outnumber the residents (4000 students to 4500-5000 residents) Only thing to do is drive30 min to Salisbury where there are malls, clubs, bars, and another university. Even Wal-Mart was 30 min away.

In a nutshell Maryland is like that. Salisbury and Ocean City are the only two cities on the Eastern Shore. Once u leave Annapolis, feels like you are drivingto nowhere uintil u hit Salisbury. I drove to the Mountains and Frostburg, that is like seriously no mans land. I mean what is there to do out there???

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

To any of you guys have you left to go to a bigger city like for college or something? Was there a culture shock (ie. more people of another race)? were yall able to adjust? Would you prefer city life over middle of nowhere life?

Sorry I'm just curious, because I would die if I had to live around one race, drive miles to get to another "town", and only be exposed to the city life through the television? BTW how the hell did yall find out about NT???

Just because you live in a rural are does not mean there is only one "race" around nor does it mean that people arent in the know about certainthings. That's a misconception.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

To any of you guys have you left to go to a bigger city like for college or something? Was there a culture shock (ie. more people of another race)? were yall able to adjust? Would you prefer city life over middle of nowhere life?

Sorry I'm just curious, because I would die if I had to live around one race, drive miles to get to another "town", and only be exposed to the city life through the television? BTW how the hell did yall find out about NT???

Just because you live in a rural are does not mean there is only one "race" around nor does it mean that people arent in the know about certain things. That's a misconception.
Agreed..i went to College in a big city (Albany, NY) but i always knew big cities..i grew up in the Bronx..

A lotta people around me never leave..and i'm like why the hell not..live a lil instead of bein a townie
laugh.gif

I left to go to the biggest university in America, but it wasn't a culture shock because of how much I travel.

As far as which do i prefer, CITY life >>>>>>>>>>> country life

but don't get me wrong, being in the country is relaxing, it just gets old.

I found out about NT because I USED to be a diehard sneakerhead, to the point where I wouldn't even put on my shoes until I get into the city
laugh.gif
, but of course google.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

I left to go to the biggest university in America, but it wasn't a culture shock because of how much I travel.

As far as which do i prefer, CITY life >>>>>>>>>>> country life

but don't get me wrong, being in the country is relaxing, it just gets old.

I found out about NT because I USED to be a diehard sneakerhead, to the point where I wouldn't even put on my shoes until I get into the city
laugh.gif
, but of course google.
pimp.gif

realtalk, when i first got on NT and gleaned different elements of freshness (mainly from the Bay/ NY), my city always been 14 months behind NT. ALWAYS.

little rock, ar btw

i'm from minneapolis, but i go to school in north dakota...quite a few ppl i know had graduating classes of like 3 or 4!!!!! cousins, brothers and sisters,etc. going to prom together and such
sick.gif
laugh.gif

My hometown is London , Ky also where I am staying this summer.. Small town closest footlocker/finishline/Mall in general.. 45 minutes away...

Country living>>> City living

Fishing and hunting within seconds of your front door. Sitting on the porch reading and you cant hear anything but crickets and tree frogs is great. Heck youcan run around naked outside of you wanted to.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

i'm from minneapolis, but i go to school in north dakota...quite a few ppl i know had graduating classes of like 3 or 4!!!!! cousins, brothers and sisters, etc. going to prom together and such
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Dang you serious??
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Just because you live in a rural are does not mean there is only one "race" around nor does it mean that people arent in the know about certain things. That's a misconception.
Most rural areas have a homogenous population. This is fact. I really want to know how the hell you guys found out about NT though,because my HS was full of sneakerheads who put me up on game.

You don't exactly have malls with 8 shoe stores in them in rural america, let alone malls
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ripfan8I6

Originally Posted by AmberElise04

Nope, I win.

As of the census[2] of 2000, there were 248 people, 103 households, and 73 families residing in the town. The population density was 139.3 people per square mile (53.8/km²). There were 111 housing units at an average density of 62.3/sq mi (24.1/km²).

Graduating high school class size: 23
You were half the graduating class
eek.gif
Nobody give this dude credit for such a bad joke. You're a lame
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom