why is the buy/sell forum dead?

i personally dont like the individual listing for each item.

also, would there be any way to add a "Search by Size" option? its really annoying to go thru a bunch of size 11.5, 12, 13s to find the few size 14s that are actually available

I still buy, Shout out to Mross. 11.5+ is a little slow, good deals here and there still though.

Will be posting since i hit the limit, got a few extra pairs laying around.

Any input on how to make it better? I know I've heard some people say its not that many listings but that's only becaus expired are now being closed. So the total count of listings is minimal because of that. And don't go searching through the closed listings bumping them like some people do.

All I know is when I go into the seller forums it looks absolutely disgusting.

Looks like craigslist listings with a ugly *** thumb nail on the side. I don't want to see a thumbnail of a ****** picture the seller took.

If i'm interested in the title i will click it to view more pictures.

It just looks really cluttered especially with having to have several listings for ever shoe from the same seller.

Im kinda surprised traffic in the new buy/sell is so slow. I really thought the new format and individual listings would boost interest. The way things are set up now the forum functions as a true marketplace instead of an improvised message board with a bunch of crammed listings and no thumbnail images.

I know some people wont want to hear this but I think one way to boost traffic would be tighter rules and regulations on who can sell. IMO many people are scared off by the potential of fraud because so many people have been getting ripped off lately.

Last edited:
^ True it was nothing like it was in 08, but I definitely noticed it slow down ALOT more after the switch.

I miss the days where you could list up to 10 pairs in a single thread :frown:

Im kinda surprised traffic in the new buy/sell is so slow. I really thought the new format and individual listings would boost interest. The way things are set up now the forum functions as a true marketplace instead of an improvised message board with a bunch of crammed listings and no thumbnail images.

I know some people wont want to hear this but I think one way to boost traffic would be tighter rules and regulations on who can sell. IMO many people are scared off by the potential of fraud because so many people have been getting ripped off lately.

+1

For me personally, the trust factor is what's missing. If we could improve that, I know at least I would be more interested in shopping there. But I don't think thats NT admins fault

Last edited:
Some scummy sellers in there nowadays.

ive had a seller that accepted payment then refund because they found a higher bidder
sick.gif

i also got some dude sellin women's shoes. I was expecting a men's 10.5 but got a women's 10.5. And dude won't give me a refund
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

Cause people listing shoes for such high prices. I know everyones trying to make some profit, but some of the prices I see I just :smh:

mainly this, imo. and over saturation, both shoes and sellers.

Speaking from my experience, I think lots of sellers over price their stuff so they have a higher starting point for negotiations since low ballers are always trying to come up. It doesn't how cheap I price my stuff, people always hit me with offers considerably lower than my asking price.

Any input on how to make it better? I know I've heard some people say its not that many listings but that's only becaus expired are now being closed. So the total count of listings is minimal because of that. And don't go searching through the closed listings bumping them like some people do.

seriously man...the pictures being updated every two weeks is really difficult. The fact that they get closed out so quickly also makes it tough. If no one buys anything after the allotted time you have to retake pictures every single time you want to re-list something.

Also, the whole 1 shoe per listing is ridiculous. It was so much better before when you could put multiple shoes in one listing. That saved space and time for everyone.

Lowballers and flakers coupled new format makes people with stuff to sell not bother since it takes a more time just to have your inbox filled with ridiculous offers and stupid questions.

My only issue is before the switch we could list 10 items per category/size not 10 items total.

Last edited:
The buy/sell forum has fell completely off. It used to be easy to sale on the old NT. Now it's nothin but people wasting your time with low ball offers. Man do I miss the the old days.

I have better luck on CL but then again most of what I sold were used and at a low price so dealing with Paypal fees and shipping is not worth it.

I still remember I copped a VNDS DMP  pack for $300 in april/may of 2011, and a pair of South Beach LeBrons when they were at their peak for somewhere around the high $300s

Old NT Buy/sell
pimp.gif

I bet nobody knew if you subscribed to the buy/sell forum in the size of your choice you got the emails sent as soon as the poster made the thread (before it got approved by mods) I got soo many steals lol 
nthat.gif
happy.gif

The amount of variety found in B/S sucks now.

You can choose from Foams, worn Jordans, LeBrons or KDs.  You can find other shoes, but they're usually worn or so insanely priced that it isn't even worth it.

And forget about finding older gems there now....for the most part, all I see is the newest/latest.  

the forum use to be poppin and had good deals back in the day...lately ive been seein dudes asking for hella money on worn shoes... :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom