why is the buy/sell forum dead?

Its mad different in there and I would hate to start selling my kicks on eBay because of the random messages I get from scam artists. I use to check the forums daily and sometimes would find deals that I couldn't pass up even though I didn't have the dough to copp. Now the listings are a sore to look at and cant find when im looking for.

Just found this thread.

Some notes:

We are currently discussing changing the EXPIRATION from 2 WEEKS to 3 WEEKS in order to make some of you guys happy.

Listing 1 item per listing is in place so that parties involved in a transaction can get feedback. Feedback was one of the biggest gripes on the old forum so Meth and Huddler tried to make people happy by implementing a feedback system. Its damn near impossible to have feedback for a listing with more than 1 item. Integrity of the feedback would be seriously suspect.

We realize the 11.5 and up section was pretty slow in the approval process. It has been addressed. Other staff members have shifted their focus to help in there so there should be a much better turn around time.

I know that the 9&under, 9.5/10, Misc dont have many pages. Its because I delete expired listings. This is because I would close and lock old listings and some users would re-open them and bump them as if they didnt know they were expired. Thank those guys for me doing what I do now.

Search by size feature was brought up but it kind of took the backseat, along with other feature requests like Preview and Confirm Listing Submitted, to the mobile version of the site. If you didnt realize it, the site can be toggled to mobile/desktop version if you scroll to the very bottom of the page. Its in the beta stages now.

At the end of the day, we cant make everyone happy but we can try to compromise if there is enough feedback. I, for one, am on the site daily so I am more aware of things that are actually posted.

And I agree, the buy/sell section fell off way before the move to the new site got implemented. the userbase just isnt what it isued to be. I have kids asking me to hold shoes or saying send me a paypal request then never paying. Its annoying and discouraging for sure.

Lowballers and flakers coupled new format makes people with stuff to sell not bother since it takes a more time just to have your inbox filled with ridiculous offers and stupid questions.

My only issue is before the switch we could list 10 items per category/size not 10 items total.

The 10 item rule was the same on the old site. It was just hard to enforce.
I thought it was the 10 per section until meth clarified it to me after some confusion amongst the mods

Thanks BigJ505 for clearing that up and making some changes to it.

I just think its also because a lot of the hypebeasts that bought the shoes just to make money slowly fell off. They didn't make the money that they thought they would make and now its filtering to real shoe lovers. At least that i what I'm hoping for. 8)

Thanks BigJ505 for clearing that up and making some changes to it.

I just think its also because a lot of the hypebeasts that bought the shoes just to make money slowly fell off. They didn't make the money that they thought they would make and now its filtering to real shoe lovers. At least that i what I'm hoping for. 8)

i honestly dont think its that because if it was, there would be a lot more listings.

we have to filter out the valid complaints with the one that we feel carry no weight.

an example: I hate the new format because it has thumbnails.... really? you mad because there is an image preview on the page now? like ebay and other sites dont do the same thing?

an example: 2 weeks is too short... well, considering we clean up the sections now, we can probably push the timeframe to 3 weeks. i personally thought users would appreciate having a cleaner section where only valid listings are showing. seems like people just want a ton of listings to look through. leaving items open for 3 weeks allows for more items to exist at once.

i know people like to compare us to the iss marketplace. they have some user friendly features on there for sure. but from personal experience, it seems very vulnerable for scamming.

Lowballers and flakers coupled new format makes people with stuff to sell not bother since it takes a more time just to have your inbox filled with ridiculous offers and stupid questions.

My only issue is before the switch we could list 10 items per category/size not 10 items total.

I thought it was the 10 per section until meth clarified it to me after some confusion amongst the mods

Ah ok :lol: I guess Meth rejected the idea of allowing us to post more than 10 items :nerd: That could liven things up a bit

I have kids asking me to hold shoes or saying send me a paypal request then never paying. Its annoying and discouraging for sure.

Straight from an admin. The people who are in here mentioning high prices either never sold much online/CL or are lowballers themselves.

The guys who messaging asking how to buy something or how to use Paypal :x

And I love the messages starting with "not trying to lowball you"

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense. The change is good imo. Glad that I don't have to click through 10 pages anymore. Its a good start plus it seems to weed out those who aren't serious about selling their shoes. 8)

I think the change was good. There is less clutter with old posts now being removed. The feedback option is great, but has some minor flaws.

I do think extending the time to 3 weeks is a good idea and eventually adding a size filter would be great also.

Overall I think there is less traffic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing in the short term. People will eventually get used to it and start coming back.

Last edited:

Ah ok :lol: I guess Meth rejected the idea of allowing us to post more than 10 items :nerd: That could liven things up a bit

I have kids asking me to hold shoes or saying send me a paypal request then never paying. Its annoying and discouraging for sure.

Straight from an admin. The people who are in here mentioning high prices either never sold much online/CL or are lowballers themselves.

To be honest, I did not bring the 10 item limit up to Meth, nor do I plan to. He stated at one point in another (paraphrasing) that he really didnt want bulk selling / dealers. The rule was more or less for people selling shoes. I understand your frustration since you like to sell your wardrobe in the MISC section and that takes up a lot of your limit.

i can understand cutting it to 5 but ONE per is too much wk.... 3 weeks instead of 2 is nice tho

i can understand cutting it to 5 but ONE per is too much wk.... 3 weeks instead of 2 is nice tho

lazy sellers make for lazy sales.

too much work to take pics of products you wish to sell? no fan on splitting listings up so YOU can receive feedback to improve future sales?

you cant use the excuse about having to copy the old listing into the new listing because that feature is already available. when you are ready to post, you select "Post and Create Another" (wording???) and in the next listing there is a check box that allows you to import the content from the last listing. at that point, you just need to upload the pics of the next pair of shoes.

lazy sellers make for lazy sales.

too much work to take pics of products you wish to sell? no fan on splitting listings up so YOU can receive feedback to improve future sales?

you cant use the excuse about having to copy the old listing into the new listing because that feature is already available. when you are ready to post, you select "Post and Create Another" (wording???) and in the next listing there is a check box that allows you to import the content from the last listing. at that point, you just need to upload the pics of the next pair of shoes.

"lazy sellers make for lazy sales" :lol: LAZY typing huh

Actually one helps the other... it is alot of extra wk to make 10 different listings (just an example) but making it 3 weeks cuts wk which was needed a long time ago 2 weeks is a short amount of time ....... didnt kno you can import an old listing info into a new one *noted*

3 weeks & making seperate listings for each shoe is do able ...just quite wierd right now....

Last edited:
^^^ honestly, its like mowing a lawn... the hardest part is getting everything together and ready.

once you start mowing the lawn (or snapping the pics), its not bad at all.

it probably isnt as cumbersome either considering the new site can host the pics for you instead of you having to log into your image hosting site, upload the pics, then generate image code for the subset you wish to use.

The problem is, people just complain (not saying you) instead of getting a good feel for how it works.
There are some sellers that have really taken the new sites features and put them to good use. Sellers can edit their own listings now, update the price, and use the bump feature every 3 days to get their listings back to the top.

if you ask me its more of the buyers falt why the buy and sell is dead then the format change itself

some things have changed for the better
we the seller can edit out own post and its pretty easy to make a listing

a extra week for selling is a big plus if that gets the ok

i have now asked a few people for feedback and since my posts of older post's would be deleted that's the reason i dont have feedback and since the change over from yuku it makes sense instead of being locked

i have faith in the mods and selling on here is alot easier
bigj505 is on top of things i know that for a fact

the big problem is there are more kids in this hobby then ever and most want the latest shoes
with these new collectors comes more flakers

not to toot my own horn but i think i'm one of the most legit long time sellers on niketalk
if i have to jump through hoops to sell a shoe and give you info to prove i'm legit you not serious from the jump i will do it

when a price is set on something and a sale is agreed you gotta keep on the buyers back to make sure your not wasting your time

plus i know me not taking paypal has been a problem and a loss on some sales the reason is i dont need to have a 9% total fee to be taken out my cash and i tell this to all buyers

another problem is scammers have screwed it up for us legit sellers
that's why most are worry about sending a money order

dealing with fakers well that's always been a problem on all the different formats on niketalk

why would someone email somebody on buying something and not just say yes i want to buy or forget it

Last edited:
160jordansdeep - i appreciate the kind words.

I would post shoes in 11.5+ but my username was not transferred over from the old site. I have to hit 300 again...soon.
http://sneakertalk.yuku.com/topic/336905/1987-2007-OG-VINTAGE-1ST-EDITION-RETRO-SIGS-COLLECTION-POS

PM me and i can fix that for you. Ill give you the instructions if you are serious about getting your old account back.

ANYONE THAT NEEDS HELP WITH THEIR POST COUNT FOR SELLING PURPOSES OR NEEDS THEIR OLD ACCOUNT BACK CAN DO THE SAME.

Last edited:
I must say.. Ive spent the LEAST amount of time in buy sell than ever before since the move.

I've been wanting to sell some stuff for like 3 months but then as said... the process clicks in my head and I get turned off.
I am lazy tho so i just don't feel like making 5 different posts for 5 shoes.

Not much deals in there these days as well the few random times I've found myself bored and searched for kicks to buy.

As a mod.. It's like heaven approving posts now. Can approve 100 things with a click of a few buttons.

Copped NDS cool gray XIs for 135... theres def steals still out there but the new format does certainly seem less appealing to buyers and sellers.

2vdil4j.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
The new format is actually amazing for a seller. I think the problem is the lack of demand. If its not the latest it wont move. I'm not even getting lowball offers. That tells me the interest just isn't there outside of the latest releases.

Edit: how do you get your listings in your sig?

Last edited:
The new format is actually amazing for a seller. I think the problem is the lack of demand. If its not the latest it wont move. I'm not even getting lowball offers. That tells me the interest just isn't there outside of the latest releases.

this pretty much says it all

nike them self almost but not 100% killed the reseller

i had a friend of mine tell me who knows a nike nyc sales reps to sell any old stuff now because it all coming back out
and this was over a year ago

where starting to see the effects in this past year

Last edited:

I agree. I can remember when it was all about having the originals, or early retros. Now everyone wants whatever the newest and hottest Jordan or Foamposite is. I think social media is the main cause for this. It's like high school all over again and all of these grown *** adults feel like they HAVE to have these new releases to fit in online.

I've been wanting to sell my collection but I lost my post count with the forum switch. And with the post count minimum to sell its going to take me forever to acquire 300 posts lol

Back
Top Bottom