why is the buy/sell forum dead?

I dont think its just the format switch.
The whole tone of sneaker collecting feels different the last year plus. One scammer story after another. OG NTers ripping people off. No honor, or community spirit left, and the new NT just made that worse. Just seems like there isn't much to gain from putting yourself out there anymore, sad to say. And with consignment stores multiplying, there are other ways of selling high-priced shoes

This

the heads from 04/05 stopped collecting. I know I did. Idk it's just different now, that's why it's dead on here. Iss is the same way too. Took like 5 months to sell a pair of kicks. lowballing is at an all time high makes me sick. I do miss having threads and u could have mad $@;$ in there compared to individual listings. It's just too much imo

i stay having dudes on iss saying "hey i dont know you so you ship the shoes and i pay you when i get them"

yea ok

i stay having dudes on iss saying "hey i dont know you so you ship the shoes and i pay you when i get them"
yea ok
Nah...get your feedback up and that's where the trustworthy factor comes into play. The whole layout is better.

Why would I ship to a dude first with only 1 or 2 positive feedbacks or none in some cases when I'm sitting on over 80 positives...and no negatives for the entire time I've been selling? That doesn't make sense.

As far as paying when you get the shoes that doesn't even work when I'm using paypal. There is a description as in most cases for the form of payment that you'll accept.

But overall shoes aren't moving like they use to...

lotta lowballers, and instagram is killin too. but for the most part ive sold everything ive listed since the move. i think it falls on outrageous prices. alotta stuff ive passed on cuz its $50+ more than the kicks would normally go for

Last edited:
High feedback doesn't stop someone from scamming. Not to mention people create ghost accounts to increase their feedback on ISS

If you offer a trade you ship first regardless of feedback.

Anyone who's sold anything knows people don't read descriptions. It doesn't matter what you write people will ask you to do dumb ****.

"Lets ship at the same time"

Last edited:
^ Actual members are the ones providing the feedback..plus you can easily ask around about the sellers/buyers in a private message.

I don't see how you can create a ghost account that replaces the member who actually bought from you...you check out the persons profile send a message and inquire about seller. Or make a post highlighting the issue. Happens all the time.

Only been scammed once and that was from a dude who had no feedback and I trusted him on some dumb ****...but that was when I first started out.

Never again...

yea ok

Nah...get your feedback up and that's where the trustworthy factor comes into play. The whole layout is better.

Why would I ship to a dude first with only 1 or 2 positive feedbacks or none in some cases when I'm sitting on over 80 positives...and no negatives for the entire time I've been selling? That doesn't make sense.

As far as paying when you get the shoes that doesn't even work when I'm using paypal. There is a description as in most cases for the form of payment that you'll accept.

But overall shoes aren't moving like they use to...

you really do sound like an iss fanboy.

i dont have 1 or 2 positive feedbacks on there. i have way more than that. its a matter of people trying to get over on there for sure.
and YES, people do make ghost accounts and YES people do have their friends hype up there feedback.

EVERYONE IS A RESELLER.

RESELLERS TRYING TO SELL TO OTHER RESELLERS = NO ONE BUYING.

ANYONE REMEMBER WHEN TRADING SHOES WAS BIGGER THAN SELLING A PAIR OF SHOES? :lol:

i dont have 1 or 2 positive feedbacks on there. i have way more than that. its a matter of people trying to get over on there for sure.
and YES, people do make ghost accounts and YES people do have their friends hype up there feedback.
Fanboy..
laugh.gif

Did I even say you had 1 or 2 positive feedbacks? You're getting defensive for no reason other than maybe you're an ADMIN and need to flex a little.

Grow up my dude...if I think the layout looks better and services those who would prefer to sell/trade their shoes in a more convenient manner then that's my opinion.

I didin't say the overall atmosphere was better. I prefer NT to iss when it comes to posting and things of that nature.

For the record I'm not a fanboy of either NT or iss...I'm part of several forums where I go to express my opinions on different topics. It just so happens that I gravitate to NT more so than any other.

Last edited:

Fanboy..:lol:

[SIZE=10pt]Did I even say you had 1 or 2 positive feedbacks...your getting defensive for no reason other than maybe you're an ADMIN and you need to flex a little.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Grow up my dude...if I think the layout looks better and services those who would prefer to sell/trade their shoes in a more convenient manner then that's my opinion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]I didn't say the overall atmosphere was better, I prefer NT to iss when it comes to posting and things of that nature.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]For the record I'm not a fanboy of NT or iss...I'm part of several forums to express my opinion on different topics. It just so happens that I gravitate to NT more so than any other.[/SIZE]

admin has nothing to do with my statement. nothing at all. but you typing in black so its hard to see to sound off is really manly. :smokin

you took the time to reply to everyone about the iss stuff like you know everything. looks like a fanboy to me.

def sound like a fanboy...what the hell does feedback matter ... 80 feedback or 2 you can still be scammed & its not making me change my choice to not ship to you first especially when you contacetd me ... clowns

To say nobody is buying shoes NOWADAYS, is BS. The shoe game is more saturated today more than ever.

There are a few reasons the marketplace over at ISS > NT
  1. 45 day expiration oppose to 14 days ( now 21 days)
  • You can also simply RELIST once it expires over there,where as on NT its gone for good.
     2. OBO system. You can take offers over there, so there's more bargaining involved.

3. Being able to look for shoes in your size, brand, type of shoe

4. More listings + Easier to find shoes = more buyers. More buyer = More sellers

You do have to deal with more dumb*****es over there, but you just gotta ignore the dumb offers and keep it moving.

Dude I still wouldn't ship first regardless...

I brought up feedback because I factor that in...a snake is a snake no matter what...but I would still consider feedback.

So I'm a clown becaue of that?

Keep up the greasy talk...

Last edited:
Dude I still wouldn't ship first regardless...

I brought up feedback because I factor that in...a snake is a snake no matter what...but I would still consider feedback.

So I'm a clown becaue of that?

Keep up the greasy talk...

nobody is calling you a clown. ColdCity is referring to the people that make the stupid offers on the other site.
calm down man.

MoNeyLiCiouS - i agree with your points to a certain degree. we have a OBO system so that kind of nulls out your second bullet.
as a buyer, i dont agree with the 45 day thing tho. i would like the seller to have up to date pics especially with the scamming these days tho having current pics isnt the end all be all of scamming.

every selling venue has its +/-. its good that sellers/buyers arent restricted to just one.

I feel it's a lack of interest phone buyers perspective or perhaps everyone is saving them money for the holidays but it does seem of a slow then pass.
As far as the new system I like it it's good it's right to the point I posted at least nine shoes seven I have to relist as of now but yeah I don't like the aspect that you have to relief every 3 weeks as at times u may not get noticed around this season be side everything else competing for a buyers attention

I don't buy stuff off here but I kind of like the new layout where you can sort by price and brand

Truth is nobody wants what’s old anymore. Those times have come and gone. Before grabbing some older retros were it. Now it’s about the shoe of the week

Back
Top Bottom