Wrestling Thread April 11-17 | 4/17 TNA Lockdown PPV - All Cage Matches - Angle vs Jarrett

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

I had a great time tonight especially for $20.
-The camera side of the arena was pretty much all empty except for the lower corner where my seats were. About a third of the arena was curtained off and that's where they had the stage set up.

-The Hogan family was in the front row and it looked like they were annoying the hell out of everyone around them the entire night.

-Opening match was good

-Steiner's promo. 
pimp.gif

-The Joe/Pope match was better than I thought it would be.

-Madison and Velvet. 
smokin.gif
 thought about going hunting after the show was over.

-Angle and Jarrett had a great match with a couple of great spots. I think everyone in the building thought Kurt was dead on that botched powebomb. 

-The title match wasn't much, all the guys got a few spots in. Looked like it's setting up for Hogan/Sting

-Lethal lockdown was good, and I'm glad I got to see Flair one last time.

I'll post some pics later.

I took video of Steiner's entrace but an error came up when I tried to load it on here. 
30t6p3b.gif

Good stuff.  You could definitely tell how they were shooting the show that there was no one on the one side of the arena, but it still looked great on TV to actually have a TNA show with more than 500 people in attendance. The spot where TNA failed tonight is they did a horrible job of mic'ing the crowd.  You could see people reacting, but you couldn't really hear them.

I'm surprised even where they had you sitting since the cameras wouldn't catch you there.  I figured they would have jammed as many people as possible to face the hard camera.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

-The camera side of the arena was pretty much all empty except for the lower corner where my seats were. About a third of the arena was curtained off and that's where they had the stage set up.

-The Hogan family was in the front row and it looked like they were annoying the hell out of everyone around them the entire night.

-Opening match was good

-Steiner's promo. 
pimp.gif

-Madison and Velvet. 
smokin.gif

-Angle and Jarrett had a great match with a couple of great spots. I think everyone in the building thought Kurt was dead on that botched powebomb. 

-The title match wasn't much, all the guys got a few spots in. Looked like it's setting up for Hogan/Sting

I took video of Steiner's entrace but an error came up when I tried to load it on here. 
30t6p3b.gif

Good stuff.  You could definitely tell how they were shooting the show that there was no one on the one side of the arena, but it still looked great on TV to actually have a TNA show with more than 500 people in attendance. The spot where TNA failed tonight is they did a horrible job of mic'ing the crowd.  You could see people reacting, but you couldn't really hear them.

I'm surprised even where they had you sitting since the cameras wouldn't catch you there.  I figured they would have jammed as many people as possible to face the hard camera.
Yeah the crowd was actually pretty live all night but these guys on Live Audio Wrestling are acting like they didn't hear a pop until the Angle match. 
Flair and Steiner probably got the loudest reaction followed by Sting, Styles, and Anderson.

The section that I was sitting in was completely filled too, I guess they sat us there because they already had the non camera side uppers taped off, and didn't feel like messing with it.

One complaint I had that I forgot to mention is that they didn't show ONE single replay during the entire event on any of the three jumbo trons they had set up. I guess their production trucks weren't capable or something. 

-Opening match was good

-Steiner's promo. 
pimp.gif

-Madison and Velvet. 
smokin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Yeah the crowd was actually pretty live all night but these guys on Live Audio Wrestling are acting like they didn't hear a pop until the Angle match. 
Flair and Steiner probably got the loudest reaction followed by Sting, Styles, and Anderson.

The section that I was sitting in was completely filled too, I guess they sat us there because they already had the non camera side uppers taped off, and didn't feel like messing with it.

One complaint I had that I forgot to mention is that they didn't show ONE single replay during the entire event on any of the three jumbo trons they had set up. I guess their production trucks weren't capable or something. 

Just got home from the PPV..Was suprisingly good..The crowd was into it pretty much the whole time..Bunch of high spots that got big cheers..

I was about 6 rows behind Brooke Hogan..I pretty much heckled her the whole night..

As stated before, they didnt show anything on the big screens while the matches were taking place and didnt show any replays..There was a camera guy close to us and he said that they had some sort of technical issue that wouldn't let them play stuff on the screen that wasnt pre-taped..Would have been nice to see some replays cause it seemed like TNA's ring is lower to the ground than WWE/WCW/ECW..I've went to all their shows and always sat in the first 10 rows and never had a problem seing, but when someone would go for a pin I couldn't see anything..Like when Jarrett (I think) hit Anle with a guitar the only we saw was the guitar hit the top of Angle's head..So I don't know if it was JJ or Karen that hit him..

Overall I'd give it a solid 7.5 for a live show..I'll post some pics in a few minutes..

Just got home from the PPV..Was suprisingly good..The crowd was into it pretty much the whole time..Bunch of high spots that got big cheers..

I was about 6 rows behind Brooke Hogan..I pretty much heckled her the whole night..

As stated before, they didnt show anything on the big screens while the matches were taking place and didnt show any replays..There was a camera guy close to us and he said that they had some sort of technical issue that wouldn't let them play stuff on the screen that wasnt pre-taped..Would have been nice to see some replays cause it seemed like TNA's ring is lower to the ground than WWE/WCW/ECW..I've went to all their shows and always sat in the first 10 rows and never had a problem seing, but when someone would go for a pin I couldn't see anything..Like when Jarrett (I think) hit Anle with a guitar the only we saw was the guitar hit the top of Angle's head..So I don't know if it was JJ or Karen that hit him..

Overall I'd give it a solid 7.5 for a live show..I'll post some pics in a few minutes..

Good pics
pimp.gif

Via-NOdq

Emmy winning TV writer Tom Cassielo confirmed on his Twitter that he has been hired WWE to work on their creative team. Cassielo has worked on various soap operas in the past including Days of Our Lives and The Young & The Restless.

So it begins...or continues...

...whatever.

Good pics
pimp.gif

Via-NOdq

Emmy winning TV writer Tom Cassielo confirmed on his Twitter that he has been hired WWE to work on their creative team. Cassielo has worked on various soap operas in the past including Days of Our Lives and The Young & The Restless.

So it begins...or continues...

...whatever.

^^Yeah, you woulda had a good time..I think TNA puts on a good show..It definately had a more exciting feel to it than what they show on Impact Zone..

^^Yeah, you woulda had a good time..I think TNA puts on a good show..It definately had a more exciting feel to it than what they show on Impact Zone..

Don't think this was posted yet...

WWE Hires Emmy Winner
Tom Casiello, who won Daytime Emmy Awards for Best Writing in 2001 and 2002 while he held the position of Breakdown Writer for the soap opera, "As the World Turns," was hired by WWE creative.

He was hired a few days ago, starts this coming week and wrote extensively about it on his twitter account.

Don't think this was posted yet...

WWE Hires Emmy Winner
Tom Casiello, who won Daytime Emmy Awards for Best Writing in 2001 and 2002 while he held the position of Breakdown Writer for the soap opera, "As the World Turns," was hired by WWE creative.

He was hired a few days ago, starts this coming week and wrote extensively about it on his twitter account.

Awesome pics Case. How much did they charge you for those seats?

Thanks 4w..We actually got our tickets off StubHub..After shipping and fees I think we paid around $100 for both..Really good deal I think..

Man you guys have no idea how bad Nick and Brooke Hogan were getting dogged last night..Me and 2 other guys around me were givin' em hell for about 20 minutes straight..At one point me and a guy in the row in front of me were told to chill out by a guy with an "official" looking TNA shirt on..Brooke got up and went to the aisle and it looked like she was in a heated convo. with some tna employees..She came back to her seat and looked pretty shook up..The guy in front of me told her to calm down cause he was sure that Nick didnt get in another car wreck..She just stared dude down and shook her head..I got kinda embarrassed cause right when I yelled at her to "Sit the ***# down" the crowd went silent and my entire section turned and stared at me, but most were laughing so it wasn't too bad..

When the guys in the final match were being introduced I left my seat to get a little closer to take pics..When Bubba Ray came out and walked around the ring he stopped on our side of the cage..I yelled at him "Bubba, Heatwave, Hara Arena"..He laughed and gave me a "Hell Yeah"..I got all geeked up and totally marked out..Im a dork..
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom