Wrestling Thread April 18-26/ RIP Chyna passed away at 45

This brings up a question: are folks trying to sign with WWE because of it being the biggest promotion? Do they not realize the terrible booking that runs rampant now?

Or do they just want a shot at (possibly) making it?

They're fully aware of the awful booking..But they're also fully aware of them big paychecks..Plus it's still the WWE and it's still the premier promotion on the planet..We can all complain about they way they book people or how the story lines are junk, but at the end of the day they are thee place to be..

And can someone tell me why this thread is monitored as closely as it is?..You got 14 different appreciation threads for women that rarely stay on topic, but yet you don't see people in those threads getting banned..And using that "talking about Yeezy in the blah blah blah" is kinda weak..There's not one thread in general/sports that stays 100% on topic, so why is this particular thread singled out?..And who's the whiny little girl that keeps snitching and btching?..

Btw Free DC. He might be flawed but he's a good man who loves wrestling and he deserves to contribute in a wrestling thread. He brings up so many valid points about the realism of the product and has exposed us to varieties of wrestlers we weren't familiar with.
Agreed. Sure his comment briefly talked about NBA, but it also included the dead Peep NTWT storyline too. Don't think that's grounds for booting him from the thread.

This feels like Vince/Titus.

#FreeDC

I've always just assumed it comes down to the money and even at their worst, there's more eyes on the WWE than every other indie place.

That's a big thing too..Even if these guys go to WWE and spend there whole contract jobbing, they're still on tv and still getting exposure..Which makes therir asking price on the Indy scene go up..It makes their prices at wrestling conventions go up..It makes their demand go up..So even bombing in the E is still gonna end up making you more money in the long run..

Last edited:
This brings up a question: are folks trying to sign with WWE because of it being the biggest promotion? Do they not realize the terrible booking that runs rampant now?

Or do they just want a shot at (possibly) making it?
Honestly, yes. Regardless of booking, WWE is THE place to be. In basketball, for the most part, if you are a successful/decorated player in the Euroleague, you still want to go to the NBA. Same thing in wrestling.

I've always just assumed it comes down to the money and even at their worst, there's more eyes on the WWE than every other indie place.

That's a big thing too..Even if these guys go to WWE and spend there whole contract jobbing, they're still on tv and still getting exposure..Which makes therir asking price on the Indy scene go up..It makes their prices at wrestling conventions go up..It makes their demand go up..So even bombing in the E is still gonna end up making you more money in the long run..

Yeah. I remember someone saying that if if Nakamura is the biggest flop in NXT/WWE, he's going to be an even bigger star when he goes back to NJPW in a few years.

They're fully aware of the awful booking..But they're also fully aware of them big paychecks..Plus it's still the WWE and it's still the premier promotion on the planet..We can all complain about they way they book people or how the story lines are junk, but at the end of the day they are thee place to be..

And can someone tell me why this thread is monitored as closely as it is?..You got 14 different appreciation threads for women that rarely stay on topic, but yet you don't see people in those threads getting banned..And using that "talking about Yeezy in the blah blah blah" is kinda weak..There's not one thread in general/sports that stays 100% on topic, so why is this particular thread singled out?..And who's the whiny little girl that keeps snitching and btching?..

That's what I'm saying. And I don't think anybody is snitching. I told y'all when I got that warning for the Clerks 2 pic that he was lurking in here. I think all that play "reporting" when dudes were tagging him like it was a joke put us on the radar. You're damn right about all the other threads that go off topic and nothing is done. But we got eyes on us now and they don't.

That intro got the Dallas crowd hyped..They cheered through the whole thing until the "empire" part for Raymone at which point they booed super loud..

That intro got the Dallas crowd hyped..They cheered through the whole thing until the "empire" part for Raymone at which point they booed super loud..

THIS.

Watched Nakamura-Dillinger and that match wasn't that great it got like 5 mins of time on the damn Network. Still surreal seeing the King of Strong Style in a WWE ring :smokin

y dey do dis man? 
embarassed.gif
mean.gif

They should just bring all those back minus the women's belt.

KO just looks right with the WHC..Dude needs to get the belt by the end of the year..#FreeDC/CP34..

Damn. Again...?!? #Free DC. The Nakamura and Dillinger match was entertaining, but something else happened that made my night. :pimp:

Last edited:
The homie @CelticsPride34 may have gone in a little hard last night, but he does KINDA have a point. Meth seems to have a boner for the NTWT crew. I know DeepSea can be a super troll a LOT of the time, but C'mon. He generally abides by the rules in here and spurs a LOT of conversation. It's not like the occasional NBA/MLB talk really angers anyone around here.

There are so many other threads on this board that go off topic a helluva lot more than ours, and nobody says a word. I just don't get it.
1.  Trolling is against the rules.  If a user is a "super troll a LOT of the time," they're going to be banned.  If I really wanted to ban DC from the site, I'd have done so over a decade ago.  I've been very patient with him.  Unfortunately, my patience seems to have given him the impression that he's "above" the rules. 

He was warned about this several times before I removed him from previous wrestling threads for it.  He's now been removed from several wrestling threads.  It's clear that he's just choosing to defy the rules - and if people are to respect our community and its policies, we cannot tolerate that.  

2.  Users are routinely removed from threads for repeatedly going off topic.  People went crazy over the "thread about nothing" when its regulars started acting cliquish to the point where they wanted it to be its own little mini-forum.  That's exactly what a few of you were doing in here as well.  Several users were just removed from the AJ XII thread for discussing sports and not the product.  We moved a popular "S&T movies" thread to the General forum where it belonged.  Everyone survived.  Everyone is fine now.  

When pressed, nobody disputes the fact that allowing people to post whatever, wherever doesn't make any damned sense for a large forum.  The site would be a total mess if it just were a free for all.  The rules haven't changed.  Users ARE reporting these off topic posts to us, so your statement that "nobody cares" is false.  Had this been a one time thing involving a single tangential reference to the NBA, I could understand why someone would think the response was a little harsh.  It is NOT.  Several threads ago, a polite rule reminder was posted after it became clear that a few people were routinely going off topic.  DC ignored that.  He was then removed from the thread after multiple violations.  He PM'd me, received clarification, and did it again - and AGAIN.  That's not acceptable.  

You've been warned that the stove is hot.  You've ignored that warning, touched the stove and burned yourself.  Whose fault is it if you KEEP touching the stove?  Does it make any sense to blame the stove?  

Bottom line, these are the rules we've ALWAYS had.  

My word, I'd almost forgotten how great the OG tag belts were. Please get rid of the pennies and bring those back.

Back
Top Bottom