Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Southpark 2

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 10 10.1%

• Total voters
Sandy Ravage actually made a good point about in game stats a long time ago.

He said that if there was not stats in COD people would play more freely and camp less instead of worrying about having a good K/D ratio.

Makes sense, but I still say the best stats thingy ever was the rank system in Halo 3... bar none.

No other game has yet to match that because it made it something to strive for and your K/D didn't matter just your rank.

And it wasn't like games today where you rank up just for playing. No, you really had to earn it and maintain it was even harder.
Win loss, party restrictions, clear defining line between Ranked and unranked. Very transparent.

And kd still mattered but it was around a tertiary or quarternary factor. Now I can't think of a shooter that has a ranking system that doesn't have a glaring flaw, if they even have one to begin with.

No visible stats in a shooting game is nonsense just like no ranks are nonsense. Just pandering to the bad people.

If you're not a professional player of that game, you don't need to see your stats on that game.

simple as that.
I am actually not sure if you're serious or not so I'm hesitant to comment.

I see it though. Unless I'm being paranoid. I see it

Last edited:
Sandy Ravage actually made a good point about in game stats a long time ago.

He said that if there was not stats in COD people would play more freely and camp less instead of worrying about having a good K/D ratio.

Makes sense, but I still say the best stats thingy ever was the rank system in Halo 3... bar none.

No other game has yet to match that because it made it something to strive for and your K/D didn't matter just your rank.

And it wasn't like games today where you rank up just for playing. No, you really had to earn it and maintain it was even harder.
Win loss, party restrictions, clear defining line between Ranked and unranked. Very transparent.

And kd still mattered but it was around a tertiary or quarternary factor. Now I can't think of a shooter that has a ranking system that doesn't have a glaring flaw, if they even have one to begin with.

Anti, I don't understand you post or at least part of it. Are you agreeing with me, disagreeing or stating otherwise.

Also, K/D only mattered for that particular game of Halo 3 that you were playing at the moment, and mostly only if it were Slayer. You would see your stats after the game, but after that game was done that was it your focus was on the next game not all of the games you've played. It's not like how COD is where players go and look at their universal K/D ratio and base how they play off of their K/D ratio.

I'm not even sure if you could go look up your K/D ration in Halo 3 back then or if they had universal stats I honestly don't remember. I know the newer Halo's like Halo 5 might have all different types of stats but I don't remember if the older ones that Bungie made did.

I was agreeing with you. H3 had universal KD on bungie.net. It was separated between ranked and un ranked.

I can only speak for COD but stats are easily manipulated.  I'm not saying they don't matter or we should punish those that want to see their own stats but I've seen some really bad behavior from people trying to protect their stats.

Everything from dashboarding to only ever playing parties to protect k/d and w/l.

I've played with and against great players that have seemingly average stats.  I've also played with and against average players that had stats far higher than their actual ability.

I was agreeing with you. H3 had universal KD on bungie.net. It was separated between ranked and un ranked.

Oh okay...

On to your statement now about Bungie had the stats on bungie.net yes but you had to go on a computer or go elsewhere to go find it.

COD and all these other games these days you just press a button and all of your stats show up.

I'm not going to lie in the beginning of BLOPS 2 I would keep an eye on my K/D ratio and if I did bad or it started dropping I would play more defensive, aka play like a douche to pad back up my stats.

I agree with what Sandy Ravage had said though they should make a playlist in COD, and all shooters for that matter, where the stats from that playlist does not count towards your universal stats it's like a practice lobby sort of. You still get to rank up and earn the weapons and camos and all that other stuff, but your k/d, w/l and all other stats don't count towards your overall stats. It would eliminate camping and would be a lot of fun because you can play and do whatever you wanted and it really wouldn't count.

Man Halo 3 was so ahead of it's time that games still haven't caught up to it yet :smh:

Bungie hit it out the park with the stats and ranking on Halo 3.

Praying for a Anniversary Remaster next year September.

Last edited:
I can only speak for COD but stats are easily manipulated.  I'm not saying they don't matter or we should punish those that want to see their own stats but I've seen some really bad behavior from people trying to protect their stats.

Everything from dashboarding to only ever playing parties to protect k/d and w/l.

I've played with and against great players that have seemingly average stats.  I've also played with and against average players that had stats far higher than their actual ability.

Yeah this is also true very good point.

That goes with any game though you go against a full team and you're most likely getting washed especially if they all of have mics and are communicating.

Oh okay...

On to your statement now about Bungie had the stats on bungie.net yes but you had to go on a computer or go elsewhere to go find it.

COD and all these other games these days you just press a button and all of your stats show up.

I'm not going to lie in the beginning of BLOPS 2 I would keep an eye on my K/D ratio and if I did bad or it started dropping I would play more defensive, aka play like a douche to pad back up my stats.

I agree with what Sandy Ravage had said though they should make a playlist in COD, and all shooters for that matter, where the stats from that playlist does not count towards your universal stats it's like a practice lobby sort of. You still get to rank up and earn the weapons and camos and all that other stuff, but your k/d, w/l and all other stats don't count towards your overall stats. It would eliminate camping and would be a lot of fun because you can play and do whatever you wanted and it really wouldn't count.

Man Halo 3 was so ahead of it's time that games still haven't caught up to it yet :smh:

Bungie hit it out the park with the stats and ranking on Halo 3.

Praying for a Anniversary Remaster next year September.
Halo actually used to do that. Team Training. Once you hit level five you couldn't access the Playlist anymore.

They will ruin a remaster. 100% certainty.

Why not.

It would only be one game 343 or whoever would have to concentrate on so they probably won't mess it up.

I'm talking about a remaster of the Xbox360 Halo 3 not like what they did and used the PC version for MCC.

We dont need anymore remasters. I'm f****** sick of this stupid trend.

Also, I'm certain they would build the MP off the Halo 5 engine.

Last edited:
Eh. There's a difference between what a H3 remaster would be and all the other ones that drop. I would gladly welcome it if they could do it and not ruin it.

Why not.

It would only be one game 343 or whoever would have to concentrate on so they probably won't mess it up.

I'm talking about a remaster of the Xbox360 Halo 3 not like what they did and used the PC version for MCC.

We dont need anymore remasters. I'm f****** sick of this stupid trend.

Also, I'm certain they would build the MP off the Halo 5 engine.
Tell that the the skyrim remaster. Joint opened up huge in the U.K.

And yeah your right. They likely are going to do a halo 2 anni remake for Halo 3 single player. It gives them a game they can show off with a Scorpio. Then they will probably remake the halo 3 maps but still use the halo 5 engine etc. they aren't going to go back and change what they have built with halo 5. Plus that's a lot less work since halo 5 is basically already established.and it allows them to have another play anywhere title

Last edited:
is it friday yet ? 

just give me this HC SnD already. Lets goooo

Got a **** load of vacation days not even embarrassed to say it but I'm taking off with no dambs 
I was out all last week/this week after breaking my foot. I'd rather not have a broken foot but I wish it would've happened next week so I could binge play MWR :lol:. Got to play Half-Life 2 all week instead :\.

Last edited:
Sounds like a jux to me. If all the same games will. Play on my current Xbox I'm good off that.

Sounds like a jux to me. If all the same games will. Play on my current Xbox I'm good off that.

Thats the point.

If you want better graphics you can cop the scorpio

if you dont

then dont

They're trying to make it more like buying a PC & giving people a high end option that want it.

Back
Top Bottom