Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Do you think he helped expand the popularity of some pieces? I'm inclined to say so.

I've seen Tims popping back up locally after noticing Kanye and a few others wearing them. Not to say he "made them hot" or anything. Just had not been seeing them heavy for a while.

Everyone should have a black pair regardless
smokin.gif
You don't really understand fashion and the A lister relationship.  Construction timbs where already slated to be in season this year.  Celebes get wind of this and want to be the first ones to have this stuff, or they have stylist that put them up on the upcoming trend.  Celebs might help out sales a bit, but regardless with well established companies it's dropping with or without celebs indorsing the product.  But brands know that celebs are going to buy in because they want to be instyle before the masses. 

Not a fan?  I love his production.  Dude is a lunatic, a lame, and a fake tho.  Every time I see or hear about something he produced I'm gassed to hear it.  But when he's on the mic I think a lot of his flows, and some of the stuff he talks about is trash. 

But I don't really know how old you cats are, because the pre-Kanye era seems a bit vague to you guys.  But Everything he's taking credit for where timeless in there own right, and had already been consistently trendy 10 to 15 years straight before he even came around.  These things never really fell off, or went out of style amongst me and my peers.   
So MJ post thriller was insane?

i dont think anyone was giving 100% credit for making timbs popular. they were wildly popular in the 90s as you stated. BUT then they fizzled the hell out, & ye made them popular again.

STOP THE MADNESS :lol:

Some of you must live on Kanye Island or some ****.

When I saw the size of this thread, I thought the interview was going to be more :wow:

same ol same ol

Do you think he helped expand the popularity of some pieces? I'm inclined to say so.

I've seen Tims popping back up locally after noticing Kanye and a few others wearing them. Not to say he "made them hot" or anything. Just had not been seeing them heavy for a while.

Everyone should have a black pair regardless :smokin

You don't really understand fashion and the A lister relationship.  Construction timbs where already slated to be in season this year.  Celebes get wind of this and want to be the first ones to have this stuff, or they have stylist that put them up on the upcoming trend.  Celebs might help out sales a bit, but regardless with well established companies it's dropping with or without celebs indorsing the product.  But brands know that celebs are going to buy in because they want to be instyle before the masses. 

No I understand, its been the same way for years. And you basically said "yes" to my question without really saying yes.

Is it accurate to say something that never went away is going to be "in season"?

I started noticing a spike in people wearing them in late spring, which was really strange to me.

Again this is just for where I live.

Timbs have never gone out of style. Certain regions will always wear Timbs. Just because they're not worn in your city or region, doesn't mean they're not hot and selling.

One other thought, how many billionaires run around doing interviews screaming TURNT UP? I'm TURNT UP now? Maybe this is why billionaire white people don't want you in their circles?

So MJ post thriller was insane?
Dude was a grown as man with a 5 year olds wonderland in his backyard, and loved to sleep in the same bed with children that did not belong to him.  Something defiantly wasn't ok with that man.  Word to the Asian dude in I Think I Love My Wife

how is he lying?

Did I say he was "lying"?

No.

Is "lying" even the proper term here?

No.

Not hard to tell which side the simpletons stand on at all.

Screen name to post correlation is off the charts.

Timbs "fizzled the hell out"? You mean the company that's been in business for 50+ years who's products have been a staple in Urban areas for at least 25 of those?

Perhaps he's a bit oblivious to certain things....until Kanye is involved.

No I understand, its been the same way for years. And you basically said "yes" to my question without really saying yes.

Is it accurate to say something that never went away is going to be "in season"?

I started noticing a spike in people wearing them in late spring, which was really strange to me.

No these where slated to be in season this year.  Hit up highend department stores wheat timbs are on the shelf $180 retail.  Last year they weren't

Last edited:

No.

No.

Timbs "fizzled the hell out"? You mean the company that's been in business for 50+ years who's products have been a staple in Urban areas for at least 25 of those?

in terms of the mainstream audience, he brought it back to the for front. Sure staple markets like NJ and NY still was rocking them, but to the mainstream audience it faded after the 90s and early 00s. When he and Jay started rocking them again in 09, it came back to the MAINSTREAM FOREFRONT.  shun

Last edited:
Jay z, Kanye and asap rocky sure made people wear black timbs, mostly asap though since they wear it more frequent. But Kanye had people wearing black timbs that year he was gripping yambs and holding that henny in his hands :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:

how is he lying?

No.

No.

Why are you always so hostile? :lol:

No these where slated to be in season this year.  Hit up highend department stores wheat timbs are on the shelf $180 retail.  Last year they weren't

Ah okay I got you. Def paid half that this year.

I remember them being that much in the 90s and early 2000s :smh:

Sway: You started off with rap, we know you from rap!

Kanye: That's not true, I started from my mom.

Sway: I'm not talking about that. I didn't know you then.

Sway: You're a different man than when I met you. You're now a father too.

Kanye: I've been the same since I was zero.
SON!!!

View media item 608296

AND :lol: at saying kanye brought timbs back..

yall ****** need to get out some, yo...

:lol: Some of ya'll really think Kanye "made Timbs popular again"? In what context? Timbs are know for their utility and durability, not particularly as a fashion staple. Bringing Timbs back to the hip-hop game doesn't necessarily qualify as making them popular again. I'm sure Timberland did decent as a company pre-Kanye, pre-90's-2000's rap game, and so on. View fashion or whatever "trends" he claims he started from a broader perspective. Kanye wants to compare himself to Steve Jobs :smile:lol ****) and Walmart? Please show me how influential he is outside of the hip-hop game. **** stays relevant outside of the hood whether Kanye and his riders like it or not.

I stay loving hip-hop and will do so for the rest of my life but the influence outside of the hip-hop community is minute, if any at all. That's why I really can't stay current with the new artists and their approach to music...it just sounds like a bunch of self-hype yammering most of the time. I can't even front, Kanye's production and albums up until 808's were all fire. Definitely an inspiration to the generation about the grind, being yourself and just a fresh and positive sound to hip-hop. The dudes head got way too big and he's just a shell of what he used to be. He grew up, has different priorities and all but damn, give it a rest. Just chill out, stay off the radar for a bit, be a father and stop with the nonsense. :lol: But we all know 'Ye just goes even harder when people start talking about him. Son just gonna find a way back into the spotlight.

I wasn't referring to the DMX type of dudes in the hood, who's till their dying day will switch up between white air forces in the summer, to constructions in the winter....anyways I wasn't really giving much credit to Ye when it came to Timbs, I'm just saying I'm sure the popularity of an already iconic and staple boot like the construct saw a slight increase these past years in part due to Ye....don't take it out of context, I'm just saying he had a slight influence in dudes outside of the areas where these boots will forever be a staple.

laugh.gif
Some of ya'll really think Kanye "made Timbs popular again"? In what context? Timbs are know for their utility and durability, not particularly as a fashion staple. Bringing Timbs back to the hip-hop game doesn't necessarily qualify as making them popular again. I'm sure Timberland did decent as a company pre-Kanye, pre-90's-2000's rap game, and so on. View fashion or whatever "trends" he claims he started from a broader perspective. Kanye wants to compare himself to Steve Jobs (
laugh.gif
****) and Walmart? Please show me how influential he is outside of the hip-hop game. **** stays relevant outside of the hood whether Kanye and his riders like it or not.

I stay loving hip-hop and will do so for the rest of my life but the influence outside of the hip-hop community is minute, if any at all. That's why I really can't stay current with the new artists and their approach to music...it just sounds like a bunch of self-hype yammering most of the time. I can't even front, Kanye's production and albums up until 808's were all fire. Definitely an inspiration to the generation about the grind, being yourself and just a fresh and positive sound to hip-hop. The dudes head got way too big and he's just a shell of what he used to be. He grew up, has different priorities and all but damn, give it a rest. Just chill out, stay off the radar for a bit, be a father and stop with the nonsense.
laugh.gif
But we all know 'Ye just goes even harder when people start talking about him. Son just gonna find a way back into the spotlight.
MAINSTREAM POPULARITY HE BROUGHT IT BACK SHUN. PROVE ME WRONG

Last edited:
I wasn't referring to the DMX type of dudes in the hood, who's till their dying day will switch up between white air forces in the summer, to constructions in the winter....anyways I wasn't really giving much credit to Ye when it came to Timbs, I'm just saying I'm sure the popularity of an already iconic and staple boot like the construct saw a slight increase these past years in part due to Ye....don't take it out of context, I'm just saying he had a slight influence in dudes outside of the areas where these boots will forever be a staple.
CORRECT FELLA

Ya take things out of context, twist and bend words to read and comprehend whatever it is that makes more sense to ya in order to formulate some argument that no one is trying to debate about in the first place....smh

NTer behavior at its finest...

Why are you always so hostile?
laugh.gif

Ah okay I got you. Def paid half that this year.

I remember them being that much in the 90s and early 2000s
mean.gif
I used to hit the outlets.  $40 for colors no one else was rocking
pimp.gif
.  They never had the wheat joints tho. 

I kinda always wanted those too.  Thinking about pulling the trigger, but to many J's to cop in Dec. tho. 

Waiting to see what that red tag do.

Timberlands never left and Kanye didn't make them popular again. Maybe among the hypebeast crowd they just became relevant again, but you're acting like Timberland wasn't selling up until recently.

Timberland even came out with the Abington line years ago to appeal to a different audience. How about the Earthkeeper line that was to appeal to the whole "going green" movement? Timberland has maintained relevance despite what you both think @johnnyderp & urbetterthenme urbetterthenme

Last edited:
Timberlands never left and Kanye didn't make them popular again. Maybe among the hypebeast crowd they just became relevant again, but you're acting like Timberland wasn't selling up until recently.

Timberland even came out with the Abington line years ago to appeal to a different audience. How about the Earthkeeper line that was to appeal to the whole "going green" movement? Timberland has maintained relevance despite what you both think @johnnyderp & @UrBetterthenME
nobody ever said they left. Please understand the words your reading man. Read, like seriously read. if you could understand the words your reading, you would respond right

Last edited:
nobody ever said they left. Please understand the words your reading man. Read, like seriously read.

First off, it's than, not then.

Secondly, it's you're, not your.

When you learn to write, I'll bother to break down your simple posts a little more champ.

What you said:

in terms of the mainstream audience, he brought it back to the for front. Sure staple markets like NJ and NY still was rocking them, but to the mainstream audience it faded after the 90s and early 00s. When he and Jay started rocking them again in 09, it came back to the MAINSTREAM FOREFRONT. shun

If they didn't leave, as you're now claiming, how did he bring them back? I'm waiting doggy...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom