Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

Ya take things out of context, twist and bend words to read and comprehend whatever it is that makes more sense to ya in order to formulate some argument that no one is trying to debate about in the first place....smh

NTer behavior at its finest...
i swear most NTers members just see bits and pieces of words

First off, it's than, not then.

Secondly, it's you're, not your.

When you learn to write, I'll bother to break down your simple posts a little more champ.
Its fine if you can't comprehend words bruh, no judgement here. Just don't make a response if you don't understand what your reading.

Last edited:
Timberlands never left and Kanye didn't make them popular again. Maybe among the hypebeast crowd they just became relevant again, but you're acting like Timberland wasn't selling up until recently.

Timberland even came out with the Abington line years ago to appeal to a different audience. How about the Earthkeeper line that was to appeal to the whole "going green" movement? Timberland has maintained relevance despite what you both think @johnnyderp & urbetterthenme urbetterthenme

Yes bro, yes, no one is giving credit to Ye for making Timbs relevant, the brand has never stopped being relevant....but to say Ye didn't spike the interest of dudes (hypebeasts, fashion snobs, dudes who perhaps felt Timbs no longer fit into their more fitted attire, etc) we'll is simply not true....I'm sure he influenced some.

I just wanna know how the hell y'all wear constructs if it ain't at least 4 inches of snow outside :lol: Them ***** are uncomfortable and heavy as hell, been Nike Bootin it every since :lol:

Yes bro, yes, no one is giving credit to Ye for making Timbs relevant, the brand has never stopped being relevant....but to say Ye didn't spike the interest of dudes (hypebeasts, fashion snobs, dudes who perhaps felt Timbs no longer fit into their more fitted attire, etc) we'll is simply not true....I'm sure he influenced some.
Don't even bother. He clearly doesn't take the time to understand what hes reading

Only watched the Breakfast Club video

Perceptions:

Fact: Kanye is misunderstood on a GRAND level

Fact: Kanye immediate circle is a bunch of yes men/cornballs (Ibn, Viirgil, Don C, etc)

Crazy, Kanye isn't. His delivery of his ideas are atrocious, but y'all not getting it.

anyone saying YE made timbs hot again must live in the burbs..

same morons that think that asap rocky brought back the Air Force 1..
he and jay made it hot for a crowd that probably out grew the boots. The mainstate heads like Ninja will rock them regardless if they poppin in da streets be. But Tims regained some of their lost audience from the mainstream. You got folks who shunned the tims rocking them now because Ye and Jay did it. Look around you fella.

I don't follow that crowd so I can't tell you what makes them tick or why they do what they do. The dudes who change their style every year never made sense to me. That's not personal style, that's following the crowd. And if all it takes for certain dudes to start feeling that boots are acceptable again is for Kanye to wear them, then they're corny in my opinion.

Last edited:
he and jay made it hot for a crowd that probably out grew the boots. The mainstate heads like Ninja will rock them regardless if they poppin in da streets be. But Tims regained some of their lost audience from the mainstream. You got folks who shunned the tims rocking them now because Ye and Jay did it. Look around you fella.

Son I've never agreed with you in much, but this is a topic it seems you are the only who actually grasps what I'm saying....dudes out here making it sound like anyone is saying Ye resurrected the brand Timberland, NOONE IS SAYING THAT.

Ye came through rocking Timbs a different way than what we were once use to seeing....that is all, he gave them a new twist....which I'm sure sparked the interest of some crowds, is it really that hard to understand bros?

I don't follow that crowd so I can't tell you what makes them tick or why they do what they do. The dudes who change their style ever year never made sense to me. That's not personal style, that's following the crowd. And if all it takes for certain dudes to start feeling that boots are acceptable again is for Kanye to wear them, then they're corny in my opinion.
So why the hell give a comment on it if you don't even know whats going on?

Last edited:
young adults were not rocking timbs like that until pics of Ye and friends infested tumblr and other social media sites.

Were timbs out? nope, been in the game and will stay in the game since their market appeals to more than one audience.

Are timbs more relevant with teens and young adults? yes.

I find it odd that a lot of young girls are rocking timbs with spandex and young kids with other garments and it all started around a month or so after kanye was seen rocking them.

Could be just coincidence though.

Last edited:
I don't follow that crowd so I can't tell you what makes them tick or why they do what they do. The dudes who change their style every year never made sense to me. That's not personal style, that's following the crowd. And if all it takes for certain dudes to start feeling that boots are acceptable again is for Kanye to wear them, then they're corny in my opinion.

Well he can't be influential without a cult following and that's what he has....he has followers, he has thousands of ProtoJs...wether they are corny or not, is not my concern, but that's the reality.

I just wanna know how the hell y'all wear constructs if it ain't at least 4 inches of snow outside
laugh.gif
Them ***** are uncomfortable and heavy as hell, been Nike Bootin it every since
laugh.gif
We be gellin, b.

I just wanna know how the hell y'all wear constructs if it ain't at least 4 inches of snow outside :lol: Them ***** are uncomfortable and heavy as hell, been Nike Bootin it every since :lol:

Hahaha, they're not. Nike boots have more cushion and support, I've never worn them before. Not my style.

Only watched the Breakfast Club video

Perceptions:

Fact: Kanye is misunderstood on a GRAND level
Fact: Kanye immediate circle is a bunch of yes men/cornballs (Ibn, Viirgil, Don C, etc)

Crazy, Kanye isn't. His delivery of his ideas are atrocious, but y'all not getting it.

Kanye said some great stuff but also some moronic stuff. Some of his ideas are so simple that they're stupid. It's not difficult to understand. When he compares himself to Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Andy Warhol and Michelangelo....it's a slap in the face to them. I think he's crew has been treating him like a God and now he feels that he is a God. It's funny, he considers himself a God and slave at the time. So many points of his are contradicting.

Same bammas wearing leather pants cuz Kanye wore em, same bammas that bought 2013 tall-t's cuz Kanye wore em :lol: He does have influence, mostly over lames, but it is what it is.

I kinda understand but at the same time he's off his rocker..i feel he just wants be accepted as his white counterparts

Last edited:
So why the hell give a comment on it if you don't even know whats going on?

Is your assumption that I only notice what shoes hypebeasts wear? To say that I don't know what's going on because I'm not keeping tabs on what hypebeasts are wearing and the reasons why is silly man. Well before Kanye stepped out in the fur and the construction Timbs dudes were still wearing Timberlands, construction Timbs at that. So when a few more people found it ok after Kanye spurred them into action, I was supposed to attribute ALL Timberland wearing to him?

:lol:

You got it man. I see you strapped on your cape and are crusading my dude. Have at it.

Last edited:
Kanye said some great stuff but also some moronic stuff. Some of his ideas are so simple that they're stupid. It's not difficult to understand. When he compares himself to Walt Disney, Steve Jobs, Andy Warhol and Michelangelo....it's a slap in the face to them. I think he's crew has been treating him like a God and now he feels that he is a God. It's funny, he considers himself a God and slave at the time. So many points of his are contradicting.

Slim needs to humble himself. He thinks all these people don't eff with him cuz it's racism, or because he's a rapper, but in reality it might be because he's a dickhead. Who wants to "discuss" ideas with somebody who don't listen and thinks all his ideas are right and you're just in the way of his greatness :lol:

And that whole speech about taking care of his daughter sounds so foolish because of WHO he had his daughter with :lol: Bamma wanna claim he's so worried about his offspring but you knock up Kim K? You're not worried your children will one day see a sextape of their own mother and YOU'RE NOT EVEN THE DUDE IN IT :rofl:

Kanye is a huge walking contradiction on so many levels, he's not about any change, revolution or anything he's a just dog with a very loud bark on a short leash.

I kinda understand but at the same time he's off his rocker..i feel he just wants be accepted as his white counterparts

And that's where WE as black people F up. Instead of trying to get in their circle, build your own circle in fill it with your own great people. Create a black legacy in fashion, music, w/e if may be. Stop trying to get these people to accept you who don't even want to accept you. You can't say "please accept me" go on a rant about how they ain't ****, then go to another group and say "please accept me". Pick a side, either be a good house negro or be militant, don't play each side when helps your pockets.

Last edited:
Is your assumption that I only notice what shoes hypebeasts wear? To say that I don't know what's going on because I'm not keeping tabs on what hypebeasts are wearing and the reasons why is silly man. Well before Kanye stepped out in the fur and the construction Timbs dudes were still wearing Timberlands, construction Timbs at that. So when a few more people found it ok after Kanye spurred them into action, I was supposed to attribute ALL Timberland wearing to him?

laugh.gif

You got it man. I see you strapped on your cape and are crusading my dude. Have at it.
When you lose you quick to throw the spell police card and then the "OH YOU SAVING!!!!!" card. Its fine to be wrong. In this case your just wrong.

Last edited:
At least you convinced... yourself.

But you still have not proven my statements wrong or yours right. So carry on.

Y'all got your demographics mixed up.​
 ​
Like steezy said, for the DMX type dudes who are going to wear what they wear and don't give a damn about "trends" or what's "in style", then of course Timbs never left.​
 ​
But it did not become "trendy" or whatever to wear Timbs year round again until a few years ago . . . I can't even put a direct date on it . . . I remember starting to see them EVERYWHERE again like 2011-2012. And before that like bruh said, he was on the red carpet with the bottle, Timbs and yambs in that classic picture
pimp.gif
. Can't even directly attribute it to just Kanye.​
 ​
People (again, not talking about the DMX types with Timbs in every color of the rainbow
laugh.gif
) definitely were not rocking black timbs like that until the Jay and Hov all black steez, and to a lesser extent Rocky.​
 ​
All white forces have never left the hood but, again, it was not "trendy" to rock those ugly *** high top all white Forces and especially not to rock them dirty like dudes are doing
sick.gif
Dudes out here looking like they smell like old cheese. Then again, you got dudes in the "differences between men and women" thread talking about they take three minute showers 3 to 5 times a week, saying their body cleans itself like they got superhero powers or some **** so maybe I'm trippin lol.​
 ​
Anyways, if you don't consider yourself to follow trends then say that, that's fine, I wear what I like . . . but don't discredit the influence that he has over a certain portion of the population because YOU don't think it's valid.​

Last edited:

laugh.gif

You don't read so I wont respond to you any further

:lol:

That's the thing bro, is those people that you didn't notice that I'm referring to....I'm a New Yorker bro, I think I would know that timberland didn't need Kanye to make the brand pop, I have friends who buy multiple pairs each winter, I've had my pair for what seems like 8 years...

Back
Top Bottom