Yooo, Kanye on Sway in the Morning. (updated)

also, in regards to his influence in fashion.
dude made these an iconic accessory.

WHAT?!?!? :lol:

it goes beyond just celebs tho, it's everywhere, NT, instagram, twitter, rich kids.

Yeezy is def a huge influence. I mean I'm not saying he SHOULD be an icon, but that's the level people have elevated him to.

"NT, instagram, twitter, rich kids" does not qualify as "everwhere" though. I live in the biggest city in America, and I maybe see a SMALL sliver of his "influence" daily.

Maybe you're a Kanye fan and you follow people who are like you on Insta/twitter etc. Well then your perception might be skewed.

I'm not saying there aren't people that are influenced by him. Most "celebrities" have some level of influence. Kanye's followers are particularly rabid as well.

I'm just saying it isn't as grand as people make it out to be and it's been done before (Pharrell etc.), will be done again.

I mean....Kriss Kross was "influential" once too :lol:

Last edited:
That was nothing but promotion. I believe either it was right after or before the yeezy 2 dropped celebs were rocking them left and right. Nothing but promotion IMO.

He has no influence in fashion at all whatsoever !! He's just regular kanye west.

The more you hear and read about him making these crazy outbursts nd silly remarks.. the more you begin to believe it. Its exactly what Miley is doing right now. All for publicity.

For these people, life is simply a populartiy contest !! Don't be fooled you friends

He's just a rich rapper, that is all.

- Much Luv, Stay freshhh :smokin :smokin :smokin

I find it hilarious that people want to credit kanye for the 'sudden' popularity of certain fashion brands.

In other words, these people have just found out about said brands through kanye, therefore Kanye influenced everybody else.

if that isn't short sightedness, then i don't know what is.

"People didn't know abou these brands before ye"

lol

get out of here with that.

just because you didn't know, doesn't mean everybody else didn't.

That was nothing but promotion. I believe either it was right after or before the yeezy 2 dropped celebs were rocking them left and right. Nothing but promotion IMO.
promotion? 

who is pete wentz' demographic? emo punkers? why would nike market towards them? 

all those celebs/ athletes were blessed with the shoes through connections with nike. 

are friends and family released shoes "promotion"  as well? 

Last edited:

bruh....Groucho Marx rocked Glasses and a big 'stache combined with his nose....and that became an iconic look. That's been around forever now, people rocking those glasses/nose/mustache joints.

"iconic accessory" does not necessarily mean "great piece".

I know what "iconic" means.

And they were not.

"Trendy"? Yes. A "fad". Sure.

You do know "iconic" and "trendy" are not the same? Yes?

Certainly not at the level of Groucho Marx's look. Nice parallel :lol:

Last edited:
It took Nike, RL, etc, DECADES to build their empires.

Kanye wants what they have, but doesn't want to put in the time/effort.

10 years is not a long time and these fashion companies sure as hell aren't going to help him out...you think they want him getting a slice of their pie??

I seriously can't wait until this dudes life implodes, I'm sorry but I don't respect people who aren't humble about themselves.

Dude is seriously the most egotistical, illogical human-being I've ever seen.
True, but Nike owes #23 for being what they are now. Jordan's influence for Nike > Kanye's. He needs to sit his *** down on that matter.

Not according to this guy....

View media item 669861

:lol: :lol:

bruh....Groucho Marx rocked Glasses and a big 'stache combined with his nose....and that became an iconic look. That's been around forever now, people rocking those glasses/nose/mustache joints.

"iconic accessory" does not necessarily mean "great piece".

I know what "iconic" means.

And they were not.

Certainly not at the level of Groucho Marx's look. Nice parallel :lol:

but shutter shades are gonna be at every beach until the end of time and people will always link them to Kanye

I wish I could see the video that went along with the sway interview. That 18min mark must've been crazy.

I actually thought Ye was strangely articulate in the Breakfast Club interview.....

It's just strange to see how much anxiety he seems to posses....it's like his brain is in constant battle

View media item 669838

:lol:

You're joking, right? If you ever wore those you should slam your head in the medicine cabinet mirror until your face cracks.

And on top of that kiss Sho Nuff's converse...

shonuff1.jpg

Last edited:
but shutter shades are gonna be at every beach until the end of time and people will always link them to Kanye

My concern with what "people" do is......what?

And that makes them "iconic" according to you?

Shutter shades were at every ****** beachside giftshop before Kanye as well.

The fact that his minions think of him when they see them does not make them "iconic".

Last edited:
The comment about him and don c influencing people to wear jordans is a jab at everyone on this forum smh 

the truth is the dude has so much popularity and fame that its altered his perception of himself to such grandiose levels that it simply cannot be changed.

It would warrant a very interesting psychological study on the way in which heightened levels of attention and praise can impact cognitive behavior within these celebrities 

Last edited:
Shutter shades might be considered fashion but it's not good fashion. I mean Ed Hardy brought tattoo clothing to the masses and I don't think anyone in their right mind could call him a fashion icon but yet, he cemented his name in the industry as being hugely popular at a certain point with the masses.

Kanye has style no doubt but to call him some sort of god like icon in that industry is just not their yet. To even be considered that, you have to put in way more work and honestly at this rate that he's going, he could possibly do it. That is the credit he should get.

promotion? 
who is pete wentz' demographic? emo punkers? why would nike market towards them? 

all those celebs/ athletes were blessed with the shoes through connections with nike. 

are friends and family released shoes "promotion"  as well? 

:lol: Fallout boy fans = High school kids with disposable income = Air-Yeezys target demographic

Its very likley non of those celebs paid for those shoes. Company's have been giving celebs all kinds of free stuff for yearswith the expectation they will get photographed while wearing their brand.

Yes, friends and family shoes are promotional items. ie Eminem IVs... the word of mouth hype is inexpensive advertising for both parties involved.

I dunno, guys...

I listen to Kanye's rants and it makes me feel good. It makes me feel like there's someone out there who's going SO HARD to be who THEY want to be, to the point of pushing themselves to their own mental breaking point.

I don't agree with everything he does or says, but who DO I agree 100% with? Nobody, and if I did then that would only mean that I don't know enough about that person.

There's so much going on with Kanye's interviews this week, like when dude tells the story about his step brother you can tell he feels like it's his fault dude got kicked out the house and I caught myself wanting to know what happened to that guy.

Ye seems like such a complex dude to have accomplished so much without becoming a "blank stare" "say whatever people agree with" type of person. Add to that the obvious layers of psychology and introspection and the struggle of emotional/social intelligence vs. undeniability and the concept of a person's track record and surroundings affecting their own self-efficacy, and Kanye seems more and more to me like a person really worth observing and watching than hating on and begging to stop or writing off.

But that's just me, though. I tend to find the interesting in things that other people deem uninteresting or not worthwhile.

Alot of the Kanye bashing to me just seems like people patting themselves on the back for being down to earth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom