You are being lied to about Somali Pirates.

How about the ship carrying humanitarian aid to Kenya that was seized by these scum ? Good thing the U.S Navy snipers did a great job and got the hostages homesafely.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
%!* when did republics/democrats become involved?

Crazy right?

im surprised this dude hasn't blamed obama because we have pirates in the world. the original topic got lost like 3 pages back. arguing on the net is hilarious.
No Republican would even think that, so quit the bs.

But yo, it seems like this thread has turned into more of a pro-American/anti-American argument, but I can see how you might get it confused withRepublican/Democrat.

Why do some of you immediately accept the article as fact? It's from the Huffington Post! Geez.

Whats wrong with you dude?

Re-read this thread and seriously observe how stupid you sound.
There are more than one "strain" of "pirate" fam...Read the article and the OP's cliff notes in their entirety.
From there, you go into your own "special" tangent.

I didn't even want to put your convoluted logic and contradictions in plain sight, but this is just bordering on lunacy now so i'll end it.

Mo posted the article. I replied with this:
What are you talking about? They're hijacking ships and holding them for ransom... they're not "coastguards". Yes, we know Somalia is impovrished, famine is widespread, the pirates are just "products of their environment" etc, but don't try to paint them in a positive light. What they're doing is wrong, regardless of why they're doing it or who they're helping when they do it. They did what they did because they wanted money, plain and simple.

You replied with this, implying that there are pirates who do not hijack for MONEY:
There are more than one "strain" of "pirate" fam...Read the article and the OP's cliff notes in their entirety.

I replied with this:
I'm not referring to former fishermen my man, i'm talking about the PIRATES, which the writer of the article acknowledges are "thugs".

You replied with this, again refusing to acknowledge that some are thugs and are in it for money, even mocking me calling them "pirates":
All "pirates" have former fishermen in their crew.

You're reading comprehension is lacking.

So I reply with this:
From the article above:
No, this doesn't make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters - especially those who have held up World Food Programme supplies.

No, they're not ALL fishermen like you're painting them out to be fam. The ones in the media recently were ALL armed, 3 with AK47s and one with a pistol. So stop trying to romanticize the subject. Some MAY be "protecting the coasts", but there are others SOLEY in it for monetary gain.

And AGAIN you sidestep and refuse to just STATE the simple fact that some are in it for MONEY:
Did you read the article that I posted at the bottom of page 2....they are hi-jacking ship and demanding ransom for the dumping being done off of their coasts...they are former fishermen who now use guns.

Then I reply with this
The article that YOU cosigned said that some are thugs, and you just refuse to believe that. Either you agree with the article, or you don't.

So if you believe that all of them are holding humans for multi-million dollar ransoms for toxic dumping as opposed to monetary gain... and not a SINGLE ONE of the many pirates (yes pirates, NOT fishermen) is in it for ANY gain whatsoever... then you're the most ignorant person i've had correspondance with.

All of a sudden you realize what you're arguing is wrong, then you FINALLY AGREE WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING IN THE FIRST POST:
Former fishermen...can't make money because of illegal fishing and toxic dumping...they put down fishing rods and pick up guns...they are now considered pirates.

Some pirates have noble motivations...some have selfish motivations...but $ is at the root of all of the situations.

Then you have all your #%$+%$# groupies cosigning you on that "OMG haze I don't know why you bless them with your presence" when it took youlike 5 posts to say what I said in ONE. Pisses me off when dudes just cosign someone who's popular on NT without even thinking. Idiocy runs rampant onNT.

No one even SAID anything about republicans and democrats, yet haze makes some !%!# up and dudes are like "
eek.gif
I can't believe they're saying that! SUCH IDIOTS!".
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by pull a Fredo

laugh.gif

Crazy right?

im surprised this dude hasn't blamed obama because we have pirates in the world. the original topic got lost like 3 pages back. arguing on the net is hilarious.

But yo, it seems like this thread has turned into more of a pro-American/anti-American argument, but I can see how you might get it confused with Republican/Democrat.

Why do some of you immediately accept the article as fact? It's from the Huffington Post! Geez.

i guess that one flew over your head.

laugh.gif

Crazy right?

But yo, it seems like this thread has turned into more of a pro-American/anti-American argument, but I can see how you might get it confused with Republican/Democrat.

I guess so. Care to explain, clever guy?

http://english.aljazeera....2008109174223218644.html

http://www.voanews.com/en...-02/2005-02-23-voa23.cfm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4312553.stm

http://www.greenpeace.org...g-nuclear-waste-20071009

http://www.cps.unt.edu/sc...nal_scr_2004.pdf#page=48
^Scholarly article on the subject

The illegal activity of nuclear waste dumping in Somalia has been reported plenty of times.

It's just that nobody cares until they hijack Americans and start making demands.

TheBachellor just shut this down. Dudes here simply can't read or refuse to and just reply with "
eek.gif
you are just dumb republicans". Ironically,when you go back and look at it, you have to question who really comes off as "dumb".

laugh.gif

Crazy right?

seems like people are just pulling stuff out of their $%* for the sake of arguing. i guess next time i'll re-word what i say so everybody can understandit. happy, not so clever guy?

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Whats wrong with you dude?

Re-read this thread and seriously observe how stupid you sound.
From there, you go into your own "special" tangent.

I didn't even want to put your convoluted logic and contradictions in plain sight, but this is just bordering on lunacy now so i'll end it.

Mo posted the article. I replied with this:
What are you talking about? They're hijacking ships and holding them for ransom... they're not "coastguards". Yes, we know Somalia is impovrished, famine is widespread, the pirates are just "products of their environment" etc, but don't try to paint them in a positive light. What they're doing is wrong, regardless of why they're doing it or who they're helping when they do it. They did what they did because they wanted money, plain and simple.

You replied with this, implying that there are pirates who do not hijack for MONEY:

I replied with this:
I'm not referring to former fishermen my man, i'm talking about the PIRATES, which the writer of the article acknowledges are "thugs".

You replied with this, again refusing to acknowledge that some are thugs and are in it for money, even mocking me calling them "pirates":
All "pirates" have former fishermen in their crew.

You're reading comprehension is lacking.

So I reply with this:
From the article above:
No, this doesn't make hostage-taking justifiable, and yes, some are clearly just gangsters - especially those who have held up World Food Programme supplies.

No, they're not ALL fishermen like you're painting them out to be fam. The ones in the media recently were ALL armed, 3 with AK47s and one with a pistol. So stop trying to romanticize the subject. Some MAY be "protecting the coasts", but there are others SOLEY in it for monetary gain.

And AGAIN you sidestep and refuse to just STATE the simple fact that some are in it for MONEY:
Did you read the article that I posted at the bottom of page 2....they are hi-jacking ship and demanding ransom for the dumping being done off of their coasts...they are former fishermen who now use guns.

Then I reply with this
The article that YOU cosigned said that some are thugs, and you just refuse to believe that. Either you agree with the article, or you don't.

So if you believe that all of them are holding humans for multi-million dollar ransoms for toxic dumping as opposed to monetary gain... and not a SINGLE ONE of the many pirates (yes pirates, NOT fishermen) is in it for ANY gain whatsoever... then you're the most ignorant person i've had correspondance with.

All of a sudden you realize what you're arguing is wrong, then you FINALLY AGREE WITH WHAT I WAS SAYING IN THE FIRST POST:
Former fishermen...can't make money because of illegal fishing and toxic dumping...they put down fishing rods and pick up guns...they are now considered pirates.

Some pirates have noble motivations...some have selfish motivations...but $ is at the root of all of the situations.

Then you have all your #%$+%$# groupies cosigning you on that "OMG haze I don't know why you bless them with your presence" when it took you like 5 posts to say what I said in ONE. Pisses me off when dudes just cosign someone who's popular on NT without even thinking. Idiocy runs rampant on NT.

No one even SAID anything about republicans and democrats, yet haze makes some !%!# up and dudes are like "
eek.gif
I can't believe they're saying that! SUCH IDIOTS!".
indifferent.gif

i don't even know this haze dude, i mean i've seen him post..but my thoughts are my own..it sounds to me like u got something against him. Let that manlive u ol' jealous "i'm mad cause everybody likes him and nobody likes me" @+@ ninja.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

The illegal activity in Somalia has been reported plenty of times.

It's just that nobody cares until they hijack Americans and start making demands.

My bad, I should have clarified. I don't doubt that some nations have been abusing Somalia's absence of government, but other parts of thearticle lost credibility. Are we supposed to let these current Somali pirates get their ransoms? I'm not going to read all those articles you posted soI'd appreciate it if you told if the US has been connected to any of the accusations.

Idiocy runs rampant on NT.
I agree.

There are more than one "strain" of "pirate" fam...
I was making the same point the whole thread. Whatever you inferred was on you.

Even in the previous thread, I posted that there were distinctions between people being considered pirates.

And I didn't even bring up the Republican vs Democrat thing....

Not to be the token republican but get one article that starts down talking American or Americans the internet gets borderline orgasmic. Just look at the sources axisoflogic is one of the most extreme liberal sites on the internet, there is absolutely no moderation. CNN, Fox, MSNBC and every other news titan has both extreme liberal and conservative minds yet they have to write somewhat moderate or it masks the facts, otherwise known as trying to hard to sway a mind.
You are the only one sounding like a groupie....you've referred to my screen name more than the topic of the thread.

Hop off.

i don't even know this haze dude, i mean i've seen him post..but my thoughts are my own..it sounds to me like u got something against him. Let that man live u ol' jealous "i'm mad cause everybody likes him and nobody likes me" @+@ ninja.

mdresident wrote:
i don't even know this haze dude, i mean i've seen him post..but my thoughts are my own..it sounds to me like u got something against him. Let that man live u ol' jealous "i'm mad cause everybody likes him and nobody likes me" @+@ ninja.

Didn't I tell you to sit down? Where the HELL did I come off as jealous? I'm not on NT enough to even give a *#@$ about net "popularity".The fact is these groupies are cosigning what he's saying without even reading. Son just made up the fact that peole were turning *$$# in todemocrats/republicans and you dudes ATE IT UP.

laugh.gif

Crazy right?

seems like people are just pulling stuff out of their $%* for the sake of arguing. i guess next time i'll re-word what i say so everybody can understand it. happy, not so clever guy?
Yes, do that. Not everybody can keep up with your wit.

laugh.gif
this dude talking about sitting down. give it up already.

aww, another sarcastic over sensitive NTer. it's okay, you and kickinheadz can be BFFs.

mdresident wrote:

Didn't I tell you to sit down? Where the HELL did I come off as jealous? I'm not on NT enough to even give a *#@$ about net "popularity". The fact is these groupies are cosigning what he's saying without even reading. Son just made up the fact that peole were turning *$$# in to democrats/republicans and you dudes ATE IT UP.

Please quote where I made up the fact that "peole" were turning this into a democrats/republicans thing and the posts showing people EATING IT UP.

You will expose your own groupiness in your failure.

I hate what this has even turned into....
smh.gif

I agree.

Even in the previous thread, I posted that there were distinctions between people being considered pirates.

Not to be the token republican but get one article that starts down talking American or Americans the internet gets borderline orgasmic. Just look at the sources axisoflogic is one of the most extreme liberal sites on the internet, there is absolutely no moderation. CNN, Fox, MSNBC and every other news titan has both extreme liberal and conservative minds yet they have to write somewhat moderate or it masks the facts, otherwise known as trying to hard to sway a mind.
You are the only one sounding like a groupie....you've referred to my screen name more than the topic of the thread.

Hop off.

Can you read? WHERE does he turn this in to a republican/democrat conversation? Huh? He's simply saying that the source isn't reliable, and that themajor news channels, no matter WHAT they're affiliation is write moderate articles. How the +%## is that turning it in to a political party conversation?

How were you making the same point the whole thread when I said I was talking about the pirates that were ONLY in it for monetary gain, then you REFUSE toacknowledge that until 5 replies later. You flip-flopped. End of story. Read the sequence again before replying.

And don't try to pull the "oh i'm wrong so i'm just gonna play it off like he's jealous" card. It doesn't work.

mdresident wrote:

Didn't I tell you to sit down? Where the HELL did I come off as jealous? I'm not on NT enough to even give a *#@$ about net "popularity". The fact is these groupies are cosigning what he's saying without even reading. Son just made up the fact that peole were turning *$$# in to democrats/republicans and you dudes ATE IT UP.

Last thing im gonna say...I tried to look back and see if there was any credibility in your argument..but son never mentioned anything about demorcrats vs.republicans.

You lose.

I bet he sittin at his computer now sweatin, lookin back through the threads like "no way...this can't be! I know he said it!!!"

I agree.

Hop off.

Can you read? WHERE does he turn this in to a republican/democrat conversation? Huh? He's simply saying that the source isn't reliable, and that the major news channels, no matter WHAT they're affiliation is write moderate articles. How the +%## is that turning it in to a political party conversation?

How were you making the same point the whole thread when I said I was talking about the pirates that were ONLY in it for monetary gain, then you REFUSE to acknowledge that until 5 replies later. You flip-flopped. End of story. Read the sequence again before replying.

And don't try to pull the "oh i'm wrong so i'm just gonna play it off like he's jealous" card. It doesn't work.

regardless, political parties were brought up when they weren't suppose to. they have supplied plenty of links to other news sources that were basicallysaying the same thing. btw, bachelor, what are you trying to prove now? that haze is wrong or that the pirate are wrong? because this whole argument has justbecome attacks against each other.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

The illegal activity in Somalia has been reported plenty of times.

My bad, I should have clarified. I don't doubt that some nations have been abusing Somalia's absence of government, but other parts of the article lost credibility. Are we supposed to let these current Somali pirates get their ransoms? I'm not going to read all those articles you posted so I'd appreciate it if you told if the US has been connected to any of the accusations.

The nuclear waste dumping and the seafood "cultivation" I guess you could say, are both being performed by European countries. Whichmakes the Anti-American posts somewhat ironic.

I don't think the article is stating that the pirates are right. I'm not trying to say that either. It's just that the reporting of thissituation has been extremely bias to this point.

And to address your questions about ransoms:
If we stop the nuclear waste dumping and we stop the seafood stealing, then I don't think we would have to ask that question.

mdresident wrote:

Please quote where I made up the fact that "peole" were turning this into a democrats/republicans thing and the posts showing people EATING IT UP.

smh.gif

You are such an !*%.
Neither do I.

Now these dudes want to turn this into a conservative vs. liberal argument....a thread about Somalia
laugh.gif

Wow.

tired.gif

Seem familiar to you?

How about this?

Crazy right?

mdresident wrote:

smh.gif

You are such an !*%.
Neither do I.

Now these dudes want to turn this into a conservative vs. liberal argument....a thread about Somalia
laugh.gif

Wow.

tired.gif

Seem familiar to you?

How about this?

Crazy right?

man you slow as molasses. At this point i don't think ya'll know what you're arguing about.

Originally Posted by mdresident

Last thing im gonna say...I tried to look back and see if there was any credibility in your argument..but son never mentioned anything about demorcrats vs. republicans.

You lose.

I bet he sittin at his computer now sweatin, lookin back through the threads like "no way...this can't be! I know he said it!!!"

Still waiting Bachellor....

While your'e futilely searching for me claiming that this was turning into an argument about political parties and then people eating it up...you might aswell quote in this thread of the previous one, where I stated that "all of them (pirates) are holding humans for multi-million dollar ransoms for toxicdumping as opposed to monetary gain"

I agree.

Hop off.

Can you read? WHERE does he turn this in to a republican/democrat conversation? Huh? He's simply saying that the source isn't reliable, and that the major news channels, no matter WHAT they're affiliation is write moderate articles. How the +%## is that turning it in to a political party conversation?

How were you making the same point the whole thread when I said I was talking about the pirates that were ONLY in it for monetary gain, then you REFUSE to acknowledge that until 5 replies later. You flip-flopped. End of story. Read the sequence again before replying.

regardless, political parties were brought up when they weren't suppose to. they have supplied plenty of links to other news sources that were basically saying the same thing. btw, bachelor, what are you trying to prove now? that haze is wrong or that the pirate are wrong? because this whole argument has just become attacks against each other.

That's what i'm saying. He just mentioned that and this *$%!#%@ when running rampant "OMG THEY'RE TURNING IT IN TO REPUBLICANS VS.DEMOCRATS LOLZ!".

What i've BEEN saying is that the pirates are wrong, and that they're in it for monetary gain. He refused to acknowledge that talking about"they're different types of pirates man!", then he flips and says "money is at the root of all the situations" like 5 replies later?And dudes talking about i'm wrong when he's saying what I SAID before? And that's not groupie-dom?

You seem like an intelligent dude. Tell me that's not what went down.

Don't be a Stan.

Back
Top Bottom