⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The glory days for Spain when they have xavi and iniesta holding it down, was glorious

And when Torres is moved to the bench

Yea La Masia fell way off over the years,does Barca even have anyone coming through the academy to the first team currently?
la masia falling off is a myth. people just expect the academy to produce spains all time best midfielders every year.
the sooner barca gets past trying to find "replacements" for xavi and iniesta the better. there will never be midfielders like that again.

check the la masia records. the kids still dominate the competition.

our managers bringing them through is a different question but valverde is trying to change that.

Barca had more starts than RM this World Cup. This is such a stupid argument to make.

I think what we actually learned is that it’s extremely difficult to win the Spanish way when you play tiki taka without the cutting edge up top. And that it makes their 8 year run even more impressive. But it’s also why we’ve seen club sides that have imprinted their style based on theirs crash out of the CL time and time again (Barca, Bayern, City.) You need to execute the style to damn near perfection to win tactical knockout tournaments with it.

Also, other teams have adjusted to it. I think Spain is going to have to get a little more athletic for 2022.

In RM talk I think they should consider accepting da bag from Liverpool for Asensio if they could put that €180m toward Mbappe. I’m a fan but he hasn’t impressed me much over the last year and hasn’t been living up to his breakout season. Dude is like a tweener for 3 positions (LW, CAM, and CM.) Could become great at all, but not elite at any.

Also is Courtois overrated or can he actually be an elite GK in the right situation?

This was such a dope place to watch this game man. I hope you guys like the video. Appreciate the support and any feedback is welcomed. Subscribe/Likes are always cool lol

Barca had more starts than RM this World Cup. This is such a stupid argument to make.

I think what we actually learned is that it’s extremely difficult to win the Spanish way when you play tiki taka without the cutting edge up top. And that it makes their 8 year run even more impressive. But it’s also why we’ve seen club sides that have imprinted their style based on theirs crash out of the CL time and time again (Barca, Bayern, City.) You need to execute the style to damn near perfection to win tactical knockout tournaments with it.

Also, other teams have adjusted to it. I think Spain is going to have to get a little more athletic for 2022.

It’s not an argument, no one is making that ridiculously stupid argument (I mean look at who it came from), stop shining light on it. Just ignore it.

Spain messed up when they fired their successful manager of the last couple years two days before the WC started. Imagine something like that, they haven’t played well since. Before that, under Lopetegui they were running thru teams in WC qualifiers and beating Argentina 6-1 in friendlies.

But I understand why Spain would “feel” like firing him, he sort of cowardly shaded the national team in accepting the RM before the WC started, but still, it was emotional irrational decision by whoever called the shots in the Spanish federation.

2-1 Brazil tmrrw. I think Neymar finally has a breakout game and Brazil's midfield are gonna be to strong for el tri. Belgium gonna run thru Japan. Might not even watch it just highlights

Btw, don't let the WC distract you from the fact that the Timbz are on a 12 game unbeaten streak :pimp:

I was def surprised that Spain lost but coming in i think everyone was saying that Spain would struggle to score goals this world cup with the lack of forwards. Diego Costa went ghost against Russia.

It's a combination of things but Rubiales being trigger happy and eager to flex his authority before the WC def came back to haunt them

They could've figured out a punishment for Lopetegui after the WC if anything,that created a cloud over their camp from the jump

Heirro also used some of the same tactics that made Spain great but without the same personnel especially in attack which rendered them ineffective for the most part. I'm sure Lopetegui knew the strengths and weaknesses of his players and how to get the most out of them

IMG_20180702_072432.jpg

Argentina is out, Portugal is out, Germany is out...

I don’t think Spain getting knocked out has much to do with who’s managing as much as these underdogs who are taking down big teams this year.

Another reminder of possession stats not meaning a damn thing if you don't do anything with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom