⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's goooo LA Diggler LA Diggler

:nerd: :nerd:

Judge was Woody's right hand man when it came to recruitment the last few years post-Fergie + Gill. Club is cleaning house and making wholesale changes it seems with this and all the scouting dept departures earlier this month. About damn time :pimp:

giphy.webp

Enough of the culture of rewarding failure

Boehly it is. Best out of the bunch in my opinion, but that’s not saying much…

It's no secret that I am on the Boehly side. I look forward to it

There will never be another owner like Roman

No question! I welcome the fresh change as well

Chelsea's scouting department is at the mediocre level. We have more bad signings than good signings. It has to change

Last edited:
It's no secret that I am on the Boehly side. I look forward to it

No question! I welcome the fresh change as well

Chelsea's scouting department is at the mediocre level. We have more bad signings than good signings. It has to change
Your scouting isn't bad. I just think the players don't align with the philosophy of the managers you guys hire. Your managers tend to all be veterans who are stuck in their ways and their philosophy. Therefore if they feel a player doesn't fit their ideology, regardless of how talented they are, they will not do well for said manager. Which is why Chelsea players leave and tend to do well for other clubs and leagues. See KDB , Salah and Lukaku for example. Only players that haven't lived up to expectations in recent years for chelsea imo is Timo and I think he's getting there.

Last edited:
Your scouting isn't bad. I just think the players don't align with the philosophy of the managers you guys hire. Your managers tend to all be veterans who are stuck in their ways and their philosophy. Therefore if they feel a player doesn't fit their ideology, regardless of how talented they are, they will not do well for said manager. Which is why Chelsea players leave and tend to do well for other clubs and leagues. See KDB , Salah and Lukaku for example. Only players that haven't lived up to expectations in recent years for chelsea imo is Timo and I think he's getting there.

I agree with you about the philosophy thing. No doubt that managers are at the faults as well

After years of watching Chelsea serious lately, I tried my best to know who runs the club, make calls, etc. It isn't easy tho

I have a faith in the club's youth scouts. For international scouts, I think they are just ok. I feel like they could have done better. Maybe I am wrong about it

From what I see, the lack of sporting director is hurting the club

Speaking of players you mentioned, KDB and Lukaku were former Chelsea sporting director Michael Emenalo's guys

He was the one who suggested Chelsea board to take a look at Belgians footballers

Players the club bought under Emenalo:
Eden Hazard
Azpilicueta
Juan Mata
Courtois
KDB
Salah
Kante
Cesc Fabregas
Diego Costa

Of course, Emenalo had some bad signings. No one is perfect

Chelsea's head international scouting Scott McLachlan recommended the club to sign Saul over Tchouameni. Don't get me wrong. On the paper, Saul is the best option due to his CL experiences. Saul is a good footballer. Its just he isn't the same player we saw years ago. The problem is that Scott's reason for his recommendation is awful. According to Scott, he scouted Saul in the last two seasons. The wild part is that Saul said his last two seasons were the worst of all in his career

I am not sure who made calls about signings now. I know some fans are blaming Marina for it. I believe she's just a highly skilled negotiator

Before the sanctions incident, Roman was trying to hire a sporting director. It seems he understands the value of having a head sporting director at the board

EDIT: I still love Timo. Sure, he can be a pain in the butt but I am not giving up on him. I won't be upset if he wants to leave. He deserves fans who praise him instead of pointing the fingers at him

Last edited:
Missing the Polish TikToker
sadly, he has a 0% chance this year. going out in the QF basically eliminated him regardless of putting up silly numbers again for club and country. we won a sextuple and he didn't win it, so no chance he even makes top 3 with only a league title

That would be nuts if he didn’t make the top 5. Top 2 is locked up, could see he or Mbappe getting third unless Citeh do the double. He’s got to be in over Mane.

That would be nuts if he didn’t make the top 5. Top 2 is locked up, could see he or Mbappe getting third unless Citeh do the double. He’s got to be in over Mane.
top 5 makes sense, i was thinking top 3 only since those are the guys invited to the event. i think it'll be benz, mbappe, kdb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom