🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

In my feelings is super hard.

Makes me want to put on a leotard and learn how to twerk. That new Orleans bounce is something serious

1D84B9D5-33F9-439F-B86F-57C67B85EED8.gif

Survival is probably my favorite song. He went in.

If he had an album full of songs like Survival and March 14, he would get that publicly claimed classic. But he clearly doesn't want to do that, for whatever reason. He wants those club records/pop records. I've long accepted that.

150$.... Nah.

I wish stuff with the owl was cheaper, I don't even mess with logos like that but that one is great

Ain’t you a ye stan?

8CB7B7B1-FF6B-4FBF-BB41-1BECBC6574F8.png

Whether I am or not, once again at least all of Kanye’s albums sound sonically different and the content is different as well. Aside from CD and LR being a little similar everything since has sounded nothing like the project before it.

Drakes entire career literally sounds like the same 5 tracks recycled over and over again.

There are some Drake songs I enjoy. I loved IYRTITL, I’m just saying he’s far from the best rapper out, the Logic comparison isn’t really that far off in terms of corniness, and at the end of the day dude is a pop star.

When Drake stans act like this is the best album to release since Drakes last project and it’s not even top 20 projects of the past 18 months... it’s laughable.

But enjoy your 25 track album full of filler and tracks that have mediocre recycled lines, content, and sounds. Who am I to judge?

If I wasn’t fan of someone’s music...I wouldn’t listen to their music & I wouldn’t go into a thread dedicated to them...to talk about their music :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: .

Can’t fairly judge music if you don’t listen to it.

Unless they have colorful dreads and look like they’re on drugs.

If I wasn’t fan of someone’s music...I wouldn’t listen to their music & I wouldn’t go into a thread dedicated to them...to talk about their music :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: .

Or maybe there’s people who’ve been rocking with him since degrassi/CS and simply don’t like this because it sounds like a bunch of throwaways.

I'm surprised by these numbers. 800K pure sales on Views dropped down to 300K pure on Scorpion? I see physicals are being released later, but I don't remember if physicals came out the day of Views or not.

Apparently, the streaming rules also changed.
1200 streams = 1 album sold (paid subscription)
3500 streams = 1 album sold (no subscription / free version of the service)

Either way, first week 800K + 7x plat God's Plan + 3x plat Nice For What = 1.8 mill total sales.

Can’t fairly judge music if you don’t listen to it.

Unless they have colorful dreads and look like they’re on drugs.

This. I had to give it a fair listen to I could judge it. Now if I just started judging something without hearing it, it would be fair to call me a hater. I’m just trying to wrap my head around how grown men in here defend him like he’s their significant other and crown him the greatest of all time and say statements like “this is better than anything Jay-Z ever made, GKMC is trash”

I’m just confused is all.

I'm confused about why people hate this dude so much

i'm not one of those super fans ya'll talk about, but i do like some of his music

I'm confused about why people hate this dude so much

i'm not one of those super fans ya'll talk about, but i do like some of his music

To me, he’s the only artist you gets a pass for everything he does or that’s exposed about him and his fans still claim he’s the greatest.

If J. Cole was wearing Black Face, he wouldn’t get a pass
If Kendrick had a ghost writer, he wouldn’t get a pass.
If Kendrick, Cole, Jigga, whoever took an L as big as the one Drake took From Pusha, they wouldn’t get a pass...

And then on top of it, they have this holier than thou attitude about how Drake is the best and Pusha T is boring and Kendrick’s overrated and so on and so forth.

It honestly reminds me of the way people talked about Wayne in 2009-2010.

Back
Top Bottom