09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

We'll see what happens next season. I'm sure CJ will get a shot to shine now that he is out of Pete Carroll's doghouse, dude never seemed to get out of it.

If C.J. gets carries over AB, I'm goin to flip. If I had it my way, next year's rotation would be:

AB - 70% carries
Moody McNeal - 15%
Bax - 10% wildcat
C.J. - 5%

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

We'll see what happens next season. I'm sure CJ will get a shot to shine now that he is out of Pete Carroll's doghouse, dude never seemed to get out of it.

If C.J. gets carries over AB, I'm goin to flip. If I had it my way, next year's rotation would be:

AB - 70% carries
Moody McNeal - 15%
Bax - 10% wildcat
C.J. - 5%

I want AB to be the featured back, with CJ getting some snaps.

I'm not a fan of McNeal, maybe next year.

I think CJ will be good, he just always had a short hook from Pete.

Gunna,
Good pick-up on Justin Hunter... I had some hopes for him early on, but after his visit it didn't look good. I think we are still gonna pull in Coxon &James Louis

WVU also lost Richard Ash to Michigan. He was a silent /soft to them and then flipped to Michigan after a visit. I will never feel bad for those Hillbilliestho.

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

ddot7 wrote:

I've read a couple places that since the whole Kiffin thing that Ambles has contacted a lot of schools and there have been more than a few (some that
could use a top flight WR too) that've said no thanks due to the circumstances and his issues.

yep.

nothings changed since last Summer.

no doubt he has baggage.

LSU better hop on him tho, they have no wrs right now and Frank Wilson was the guy recruiting him at UT

What exactly is his baggage?

The most serious one to me is that he got expelled from his first HS for hitting his teacher. There was the coach's wife rumor (I think that was untruethough). There is more but I'm too lazy to type. And he has just a general attitude problem.
He's a high risk-high reward kid.

And I gotta agree with AB needs the bulk of the carries, he's a beast.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

what's wrong with CJ? he looked really good 3 years back.

Gets no YAC yardage whatsoever and can't create something out of nothing. Kid gets blown up every play like he has no peripheral vision.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

ddot7 wrote:

I've read a couple places that since the whole Kiffin thing that Ambles has contacted a lot of schools and there have been more than a few (some that
could use a top flight WR too) that've said no thanks due to the circumstances and his issues.

yep.

nothings changed since last Summer.

no doubt he has baggage.

LSU better hop on him tho, they have no wrs right now and Frank Wilson was the guy recruiting him at UT

What exactly is his baggage?

The most serious one to me is that he got expelled from his first HS for hitting his teacher. There was the coach's wife rumor (I think that was untrue though). There is more but I'm too lazy to type. And he has just a general attitude problem.
He's a high risk-high reward kid.

And I gotta agree with AB needs the bulk of the carries, he's a beast.
All speculation but in addition to the personal issues, apparently Ambles is going to the highest bidder...

eek.gif
at the wvu decommits

some lawyer suggested it...

Hmmm tennessee is closing in on Rajaan Bennett. He reminds me of Hardesty. I like these gets but our deficiency is at OL and we need to address that on NSD inthe worst way

Calvin Smith & Lemonier to FSU?

Well, JC Copeland inquired about openings and we said we're full on the DL....

And according to Lemonier, he says he has already made his decision and that he made it like 2 weeks ago. But from his comments, I think that he is leaningtowards AU. Plus, I hate the fact that (unless he came on a secret visit) he has yet to bring his momma up to Tally for a visit. I'm sure he's gonnavisit over these next 2 weeks and I would feel better about him if he came up for an unofficial and brought his momma.

We had an in home with him yesterday so I wonder if that was a last ditch effort to get him to switch (i.e. he told them that he isn't coming to FSU) or wewere stopping in to check up on him and re-emphasize the fact that he made the right decision.

I dunno, but the kid plays it pretty close to the vest.

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Him and Calvin....And the kid Werner from CT. Heard good things about him (as far as him liking FSU) just worried about hiscoach who has ties to Chip Kelly and Oregon getting in his ear. But then again, we just landed one of his teammates.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Corey Nelson is All Aggie.
Eddrick Loften is waiting to get a commitable offer from UTk
Good to be reaffirmed of that...

I'm hoping Ben Malena can push A&M on Eddrick enough (they're cousins) that Eddrick becomes an Aggie...

I figured Nelson wouldn't flip...

Melena and Nelson are pullin pretty hard at Loften, but he wasn't interested in A&M at all prior to his decommitt from OU... Who knows.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

RoOk wrote:

Hopefully he won't become like other past USC backs who just turn to average backs due to 10 RB's worthy of starting
I'm sorry what?

If they became average because of competition they were never that great anyway.

Having a competitive backfield makes your RB's better......not worse.

It's more of the idea that the USC RB's can't get into a rhythm in game. Some backs need those constant reps and get stronger as the game goes on. If you're in for a couple plays then yanked for the next few, it's hard to get into the flow of the game.
That's irrelevant. All of USC's RB's are finesse. Who's the last power runner USC had that was decent? Lendale?

Maybe i wasn't watching much, but AB doesn't impress me alot. I wouldn't be surprised if Gable takes that #1 spot next season

Back
Top Bottom