2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
View media item 609855
I feel you on Anthony Davis becoming a monster, but prime KG is arguably the most skilled power forward the nba has ever seen (yes, over Duncan). If he had the right teams from early on in his career he could be up there with Duncan in terms of championships.

Kevin Garnett was a worse GM in Minnesota than Michael Jordan's been as the Bobcats executive.

It's not a slight to KG just a credit to how great Davis will be, compare their rookie years and tell me why he can't be just as good if not better?

Because the rookie year is not a reliable indication on how a player will develop. If it were than I'm guessing Bradley Beal should turn out to be better than Kobe.

Last edited:
I think he's projecting his skillset more than his year 1 output. If the lines are being read through right.

Obviously but Davis and KG are far more similar as players than Beal and Kobe so that's why I'm making the comparison, I wouldn't do the same with those too but the proof is in the pudding, 21.7 PER when you're 19 in your first year in the league, dealing with injuries on a bad team is a pretty good indicator for me. That **** ain't ordinary at all.

Lakers will finish 6th in the West. Kobe will have a MVP like season. Kobe win another scoring title. But my Lakers might get bounced in second round though haha :tongue:

Interesting to see how the Nets do this season. Hope my Bulls can make a solid run this year. Will KD get that hunger in his eye or lie dormant.

And I think I'm actually gon scoop league pass mobile this year. Missed out on too much bball last season bein frugal

He had a great rookie season despite the lack of minutes he got and his injury, but it's way to soon to say he could be better than KG. Davis' skill set is crazy for his age but lets not forget that KG in his peak is a top 3-5 power forward of all time.

Exactly, and it's gotta be common knowledge that his defense with the Timberwolves was the peak of that aspect of his game, right? That's not even an insult, his defense throughout the tenure of his Boston career (factoring out the periods with strings of injuries) was amazing in its own right. It's just he was that well-rounded in 2003 and 2004 in Minnesota.

"Land of Defense & the Double-Double"

Yea his defensive peak was definitley with the wolves. Dude was not only an elite defender but he could stretch the floor and score anywhere within 20 feet with ease. He was also a really good playmaker for a power forward.

Last edited:
don't forget doing all that with a big smile on his face and laughing....so yeah he is in midseason form...

-and missing free throws

Last edited:
Anthony Davis is going to be a great player but KG in the prime of his career was one of the best players I've ever seen in my life.

Agreed, huge fan of Davis. Think he will average like 17/10 this year on high efficiency

The main hole in his game though is that he isn't much of a post up player yet. If he's running with skilled guards he can find a lot of ways to score when assisted, but he isn't that guy who can anchor your offense from the inside.. ie just throw it to him down low and he'll go to work all night

He needs to bulk up and start bullying dudes in the post. That's what I'm looking for in him next
I also see 17/10 which is better than what KG avg his 2nd year which was his first All Star year 17/8.

I do not see him bullying dudes though. With his form and length I see him dominating the mid range game like dirk

Doris Burke will be apart of the NBA Countdown panel while Doug Collins will call games on Wednesdays.

If only the Pelicans were more patient in their rebuild.

I like the Jrue trade they did tho. Yeah it sucks getting rid of a lotto pick, but he's only 23 and has shown glimpses of being a very good player. Plus he has a Center and vice versa Davis now has a legit PG.

I like this team. Just hope the Tyreke signing isn't a complete bust... didn't he and Iggy get the same deal?

Agreed, huge fan of Davis. Think he will average like 17/10 this year on high efficiency

The main hole in his game though is that he isn't much of a post up player yet. If he's running with skilled guards he can find a lot of ways to score when assisted, but he isn't that guy who can anchor your offense from the inside.. ie just throw it to him down low and he'll go to work all night

He needs to bulk up and start bullying dudes in the post. That's what I'm looking for in him next

I also see 17/10 which is better than what KG avg his 2nd year which was his first All Star year 17/8.

I do not see him bullying dudes though. With his form and length I see him dominating the mid range game like dirk
Actually Dirk is really good in the post. Not a "bully" per se, but he has a variety of effective moves. If he gets it on the block against single coverage he will score. That's why he's such a dominant scorer ie 2011 playoffs, he can score in isolation situations from anywhere on the floor.

Davis had a really low percentage of his points on iso post ups last season, something like 4%. Most of his buckets were assisted (playing with Vasquez helped him a lot) or putbacks. If he's gonna honor the KG comparisons he'll have to develop that back to the basket game. I think he will, it's just a matter of time and I noticed he did put on a little size in the offseason.

Doris Burke will be apart of the NBA Countdown panel while Doug Collins will call games on Wednesdays.
sick.gif

sick.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom